Mystery wii mod

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have most of the apps on my pc, already, & was intending to do exactly that.
Is there any set order of installing the apps ?
I know Letterbomb pack will have BootMii & HBC.
Most guides start with HackMii to install HBC (1st) & BootMii(2nd) .
After restart, BootMii to back-up NAND.
Priiloader is usually next, followed by D2X IOS.
Yes, start with updating the Homebrew Channel, you already have Bootmii but if you want to install it as IOS go ahead. Priiloader then cIOSs.
As I will ONLY be playing Wii & WiiWare games (on my Au wii) ....
Wii games are the easiest, & I plan to used a wad manager to simply install WiiWare wads to SD card.
Which app will work better/safer for WiiWare wad files ? MMM, WiiMod Lite or ... ?
The other (Emuland etc) way seems like a migraine. If WiiWare games were sold online (Nintendo) & folks could simply play them after downloadin & installing the games, why would Emuland be needed ? Sorry if I'm missing the brain-link.
If you're only planning to play a few WiiWare games then you can just install them to your sysnand or to the sd, without the need of an Emunand. But if you're planning to install +50 or more WiiWare games then you have to set up emunand because there's a limit to how much you can install on both the sysnand and the sd card.
About how you should install wads, you do so with a wad manager.
Wii games you just transfer them with WiiBackupmanager they don't need to be installed.
Ok, that 64gb Sd card (in red wii) is now full (2Mb left). Was half-full (at 1st) & all I added was syscheck.
Should I be worried that it will start deleting other files from the SD card ?
Again, you can check the sdcard for corruption with h2testw.
- Backup the data that's on sd card to a safe place on your pc before doing the test.
- Format the sdcard as FAT32 32kb clusters before and after the test.
* If it passes the test, format it then select only the emulators and homebrew apps that you want or need. Not all of them specially roms.
* If it didn't pass the test, then the sdcard is faulty and you shouldn't use it, you'd need to get a new replacement..
And i highly recommend storing your roms on the usb drive instead of on the sd card.
Was there ever a virus/s intended for the wii or it's apps ?
Is there a specific virus checker for the wii ?
Avira (my pc) detected "createcfg.exe" & quarantined it. Is this the virus ?
No. Don't worry about none of that.
Reformat the sd card as i described above and carefully select and copy the homebrew and emulator files etc. and you won't have any suspicious files after that..
Up to this point, my testicles are in a large state.
Lol!

Reactions: jeannotte

morning_glory

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks, CoolMe.

It's good to know that there's no wii viruses.

Will also try to scan Sd card with h2testw. It's a sdhc with SD adaptor. I'll deal with it.

The apps I was mentioning are for my other Au wiis that I will mod.

As I stated, I will be looking at the red ntsc wii after I mod my other wiis.

Is 56 pal/Eu wiiware games (1x Jap ntsc) too much to avoid sysnand/emunand ? The Jap/ntsc game will be disregarded to avoid more mod/apps to enable region-free.
I want to keep simple, at this stage. Worst case scenario, I will use another SD card with different wiiware games (half the amount), but will still have the necessary apps to run all mods. Assuming I can just simply swap SD cards, at will (wii powered off) ? Sounds viable (?).

Testicles ... When I'm confident, I sound like Lurch. Not confident = chipmunks.

Just how outdated (apps/ios) is my red wii ?

CoolMe - "old soul" ? Does that indicate you're getting on in years, or your soul won't be coming back for another round ? Thanks & cheers.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is 56 pal/Eu wiiware games (1x Jap ntsc) too much to avoid sysnand/emunand ? The Jap/ntsc game will be disregarded to avoid more mod/apps to enable region-free.
You can install that much into the sd card, and since you will be using PAL versions of these WiiWare titles they should work and boot fine just from the home menu. The Japanese title might work or not, but it will work when launched with Wiiflow Lite or usbloadergx..
Assuming I can just simply swap SD cards, at will (wii powered off) ? Sounds viable (?).
Yes you can do that, though you'd have to copy everything to the new sd card. I'm talking about the homebrew applications like HBC, BootMii, Priiloader etc. and not emulators or roms..
Testicles ... When I'm confident, I sound like Lurch. Not confident = chipmunks.
You rang?
IllGorgeousDavidstiger-size_restricted.gif

Just how outdated (apps/ios) is my red wii ?
The cIOSs, you'll be installing them so no worries there. For homebrew apps you can just download the latest versions of apps from this site or others, and skip the checking step..
CoolMe - "old soul" ? Does that indicate you're getting on in years, or your soul won't be coming back for another round ? Thanks & cheers.
"Old soul" as in being old school and /or having interests in old things, like old music, history etc. But its meaning is up for interpretation i guess.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

morning_glory

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I will keep thanking you, CoolMe.
You are a gentleman !

Another question I asked previously, but not answered : Can/will usbloader gx & wiiflow co-exist on HBC, at the same time ?
I ask because there's many report references that highlight both of these apps as great. So, having both on HBC at the same time is ..... ???

Old school ? Beats schooling, these days.
You almost sound as old as me. I'd say no more than 55.
Yeah, I admire old things too. I just don't admire aging.
I like the history of the Sumarians & how it progressed to my nationality.
Believe it or not, I still have the 80186 flat cpu. Old & rare.
My tech background was board-level repairs up to 80386. I hated software (dos was good). Always poorly written to the needed hardware standards. Loved the smell of solder. Before that, I was textile mechanic (Sulzer). We weaved denim for USA (Levi's).
Am I old school enough ?
I have deep connection with canon in d, by Johann Pachelbel. Heh, like Kyle XY.
I have 4 daughters & got ripped off buying this red wii from a sh*t stain.
Thanks & cheers.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will keep thanking you, CoolMe.
You are a gentleman !
Glad i could be of help. 😊
Another question I asked previously, but not answered : Can/will usbloader gx & wiiflow co-exist on HBC, at the same time ?
I ask because there's many report references that highlight both of these apps as great. So, having both on HBC at the same time is ..... ???
Yes, you can have both on your sd card, and both can be launched from either the HBC or from the home menu with an installed forwarder channel.
Use this modded version of USBLoaderGX by @blackb0x as it's the recommended version to use.
For WiiFlow Lite use the latest version.
To copy both applications just copy & paste both folders to the "apps" folder, overwriting the old files (if there's any).

Download and install this forwarder with a wad manger like Wii mod Lite Some YAWMM Mod so you can launch it from the home menu without the need to launch the hbc everytime to do it.
The same for the WiiFlow forwarder.

Also, you probably don't have Nintendont, the homebrew app that allows you to play GameCube games, follow the guide on that page to how to set it up properly. And its forwarder.
Old school ? Beats schooling, these days.
You almost sound as old as me. I'd say no more than 55.
Haha! Not that old no. 😅
Yeah, I admire old things too. I just don't admire aging.
I like the history of the Sumarians & how it progressed to my nationality.
Believe it or not, I still have the 80186 flat cpu. Old & rare.
My tech background was board-level repairs up to 80386. I hated software (dos was good). Always poorly written to the needed hardware standards. Loved the smell of solder. Before that, I was textile mechanic (Sulzer). We weaved denim for USA (Levi's).
Interesting.. Not familiar much with old computers. Maybe some day..
Am I old school enough ?
I have deep connection with canon in d, by Johann Pachelbel. Heh, like Kyle XY.
Classical music, nice!
I have 4 daughters & got ripped off buying this red wii from a sh*t stain.
It's done now, i guess. You only overpaid by a +150usd, but you still got like 2 sd cards and a usb with it? Which is still a rip off, but atleast it wasn't like +400usd..🤷🏻‍♂️
*Edited

Last edited by CoolMe,
Reactions: jeannotte and Flame

morning_glory

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you, CoolMe.

I have seen a number of posts where users state they have both usbloader & wiiflow on their wii, but then there's usually some ios & forwarder issues & that's where I get stranded.
It is overwhelming when you first start looking at wii mods. That's why I originally chose to hard-mod my wii with wasabi dx. Cracking-open a wii & chipping it is child's play.

By saying "Not more than 55", meant any age below 55 ;).
I gather you like classical music ? I only have 10 faves that rock my world.
If you can, watch Kyle XY & see the Canon in D connection. I bet you'll end-up watching the complete series. And, if you happen to be Hungarian, then you'll piss yourself laughing at the references. It's great show, & it is/was very factual. That's the main reason it was axed. Hungarian version of Illuminati .... which leads back to the Sumarians. BTW - It is a USA production. You won't be sorry you watched it.

I will rekindle this thread after I do some house repairs (better weather ahead).
Then I will go ahead with modding my wii from scratch.

Again, many thanks. Live long & prosper ;)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I think it was suggested at some point in this thread, but I think you'll find the process a lot easier if you use ModMii. Just start the main wizard and answer the questions as if the Wii were a virgin\unmodified, even if it isn't true.

All of the info you've been given here (at least the portions I read) aligns with what ModMii would have you do. It's not an issue to proceed manually, but ModMii would certainly relieve some of the burden and make the whole process easier for you.

Also since it sounds like you've taken a liking to Cool Me, it's worth mentioning that he is one of my testers and frequently will endorse\suggest ModMii to users.

Apologies if I missed a post indicating you don't have Windows or some other reason why you feel ModMii isn't a good solution for you.

edit: also I would avoid Wii Mod Lite (WML), instead use a WAD manager like Some YAWMM Mod or MMM. WML has a bug that can cause it to crash after installing WADs. Usually it shouldn't be an issue, but if you are in the middle of a region change or something else somewhat risky, you will crash before returning to the HBC allowing you to complete the region change or (re)install priiloader. So in some cases WML could lead to brick, but TBH it's pretty unlikely you would be facing one of those situations so w/e.

morning_glory

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello XFlack.

I'm honored that you address my issues. I've seen you here (gbatemp) from a long time ago. You are a legend & I thank you for your input. I can also see your appreciation of CoolMe. He is great !

The truth is .... I can't remember (but I will check) if modmii was mentioned in this thread, but I do get confused with the many *****mii app titles. I thought I already looked into modmii, but I guess I was wrong. I do remember wanting to educate myself with it's purpose & features, & I definitely will.

I was hoping to use usbloader only (for wii games). But, I also did read that people having issues with usbloader also used WML with the problematic games.
I will 100% only have wii (pal & ntsc) games (on usb device/s) & wiiware (pal only) games (SD card) running directly from the wii channel.
I am really trying to keep the mod as simple as possible. Once I know how to mod simply, then I will try other apps. I also hope I get a chance to recover from a possible brick. Then I can feel even more confident. I do have 2 (pal) wiis to play with.

I apologize, but older age really questions one credibility & approach. You're young only once. Living with failure doesn't go well when you get older. Learn to walk 1st before you can run.

Pleasure & an honor to receive your input, XFlack. Thank you.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have seen a number of posts where users state they have both usbloader & wiiflow on their wii, but then there's usually some ios & forwarder issues & that's where I get stranded.
Nope, if you download and install the files i linked to in my previous post, there should be no issues regarding the forwarder channels or the apps themselves. :wink:
By saying "Not more than 55", meant any age below 55 ;).
Ah!
I gather you like classical music ? I only have 10 faves that rock my world.
If you can, watch Kyle XY & see the Canon in D connection. I bet you'll end-up watching the complete series. And, if you happen to be Hungarian, then you'll piss yourself laughing at the references. It's great show, & it is/was very factual. That's the main reason it was axed. Hungarian version of Illuminati .... which leads back to the Sumarians. BTW - It is a USA production. You won't be sorry you watched it.
Might check it out. Thanks!
I am really trying to keep the mod as simple as possible. Once I know how to mod simply, then I will try other apps. I also hope I get a chance to recover from a possible brick.
Yes, that's why i suggested to start with the essentials and ignoring the emulators and roms for now. Once you install Priiloader, and with BootMii you'll have brick protection, and with a nand backup of your Wii's nand you can restore it whenever a software brick happens.

BTW, i suggested ModMii in my earlier replies, essentially both do the same thing, it and the wii.guide. I just kept simplifying it about the individual apps, and the standalone pages from the Wii.guide kinda help with that.
Didn't want to insist in using ModMii, as overwhelmed as you were, didn't want to add to your confusion..

Reactions: jeannotte

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit: also I would avoid Wii Mod Lite (WML), instead use a WAD manager like Some YAWMM Mod or MMM. WML has a bug that can cause it to crash after installing WADs. Usually it shouldn't be an issue, but if you are in the middle of a region change or something else somewhat risky, you will crash before returning to the HBC allowing you to complete the region change or (re)install priiloader. So in some cases WML could lead to brick, but TBH it's pretty unlikely you would be facing one of those situations so w/e.
Oh, didn't know about that bug.. Thanks for telling me. The Wii.guide recommends using it, and that's why i posted it here, i guess they missed it too.. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Also, edited my previous reply about WML.

Reactions: jeannotte and XFlak

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Oh, didn't know about that bug.. Thanks for telling me. The Wii.guide recommends using it, and that's why i posted it here, i guess they missed it too.. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Also, edited my previous reply about WML.
No problem, I describe the bug in more detail here in case you're interested

morning_glory

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
More confusion (good confusion), now.
I was set on doing the mod as I previously stated, but now I had a look at modmii vids & tutorials, & I'm blown away. It's so much more easier. Yes, here come the "but".
But, it seems to install other apps that I was hoping to avoid (for now). Not sure if that's due selective installation, or moddmii assumes a certain structure (?). A bit hard to listen to vids when the wife is bla bla bla to the TV. Yes, you heard correctly.

Modmii looks to be a work of art ! So many features. Where have I been all this time ?

The yawmm (#23) install is not selectable ? Do I really need it ? As I stated previously, I would just use wiiware wads directly in the wii channel. Yes, all pal.
Would like to get my hands on a wad identifier (no .framework bs). Wiiware games source is vimm's & I figure renaming & ID is necessary (?).

Nintendont is another non-selectable choice. Do I need it ?

I figure you're going to say that there's no harm having other apps sitting around on the SD card, even if I don't intend using them ?

In the modmii installer, "If your wii has truly never been modified before"(you can say no). Does that include a hard-mod/s (mine was wasabi dx) ?

It's 1:15am here & need sleep. Sorry, my head is full & will be having nightmares.
Hope I'm not out off line with any of my dumb concerns & questions ?
Thanks for your patience & understanding. Nanu nanu ;)

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But, it seems to install other apps that I was hoping to avoid (for now). Not sure if that's due selective installation, or moddmii assumes a certain structure (?).
Like what? ModMii will generate the essential apps to get you started. It won't give you something like emulators or other homebrew apps that you don't need..
The yawmm (#23) install is not selectable ? Do I really need it ?
You need a wad manager to install wad files aka WiiWare and VC games, you can't do it without one.
Nintendont is another non-selectable choice. Do I need it ?
Nintendont is for playing GC games. It's not an emulator btw, it has perfect compatibility.
If you're having trouble with ModMii just download the Nintendont files i posted on my previous replies. Same for Some Yawmm mod.
I figure you're going to say that there's no harm having other apps sitting around on the SD card, even if I don't intend using them ?
Yes, of course.
In the modmii installer, "If your wii has truly never been modified before"(you can say no). Does that include a hard-mod/s (mine was wasabi dx) ?
No, i don't think so. Is that a modchip? If so, then it doesn't count. Cause it's talking about softmods specifically..

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
After you're done using modmii, you can use its file cleanup feature to remove apps u would only need during the initial softmod (and u can always retrieve again using modmii in the future). So yeah, no need to try and avoid any apps modmii downloads for u, which is pretty much the bare minimum anyway

While not included in ModMii wizards/guides, you can access Modmii's download pages (found in modmii classic) to optionally download a bunch of emulators (dl page 2) and other things for fun, random gems too like a password protected hbc folder for you to move apps to if u don't want them easily accessible, etc. Modmii's next update coming hopefully in the not too distant future will be even better, but for now u can get the latest versions of usbloaders from oscwii.org (same source as homebrew browser and open shop channel), and their library is much larger. Still modmii's download pages have PC tools like wii backup manager or show mii wads for example that u wouldn't find at oscwii.org

Edit: u can use modmii just fine and tell it your wii is a virgin, don't worry about your existing softmods or hardmod

Btw if u wanted to, instead of Modmii's main wizard you could use its syscheck updater wizard by feeding it a syscheck.csv from your wii and it will cut out any potentially redundant steps building u a very customized guide, but as someone new to the scene I think you'd benefit from repeating steps just to learn more as u go, and it's totally safe to reinstall/overwrite existing mods using the main wizard as if the wii were a virgin

Edit2: modmii builds a custom guide for you with short videos describing each step as it is relevant to you. Other than the "what is modmii" video you should access the videos via your guide to make sure you do the steps applicable to your situation in the right order. I only say this because it sounds like maybe you were browsing various modmii videos directly on YouTube

Last edited by XFlak,

morning_glory

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks, XFlack.

You are 100% correct about me viewing many Youtube guides (& others), but that was just to start familiarization on some of process steps & stages.

I plan to use the classic modmii to a T.

My ambition is/was to start the mods with minimal apps, but that's just till I get the hang of it.
As I have almost 2Tb of (pal) games Including wiiware. This will be the ideal start.
I have hardly ever played the wii (I have to look where the A button is). My job was to mod, rip & burn the games. But, I'm a committed family man, & I will do my best to implement all your valuable advice.

I have been a long, long time lurker here at gbatemp (getting close to 2 decades). Never posted anything, as I saw many tempers tested & lost with some crazy questions. I know you experienced it also (?). Glad to see you still have the ambition to keep it going. You must really love the abilities of the wii & the possibilities. I admire YOUR abilities to bring them life. Very impressive :)

I will give you all some peace now, as I will start the mods soon. I will resurrect this thread once I achieved success, or have failed somewhere.

Thank you for all the help/instructions, weapons & ammo you have provided. I feel like Rambo, now ;)

Thank you muchly :)

morning_glory

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Haven't even got to using Modmii, & I'm learning other related issues, the hard way.

The so called 64gb sd card from the red (US) wii, seems to have been altered/hacked from a 32gb sd card. The free space just kept shrinking till there was no free space. Now the sd card has got to the stage where it's showing that it's 32gb. The red wii hasn't been used for any gaming, but only just to monitor the sd card progress (power-up & simple page viewing). I can't really tell if any apps or games have been effected, as there's too much data files stored.
I will assume that the spare/back-up sd card will be the same. A fake 64gb card. I know that this card hasn't changed since I got it, but also this card hasn't been inserted/used on red wii at all. Just my pc has had the pleasure of reading it.

Currently in the process of testing which sd hc/xc cards will actually work on the (other wii). Most of the issues start with the micro sd to USB adapters. Even the smaller sized sdhc cards have issues being used, in both wii & pc. Not to mention that I prefer using the Sandik brand for compatibility. This is mainly for the sd card wii use.
As I don't have a working sd card slot on my pc, but can only use the USB adapter in USB slot. Continuous bad days, but slowly getting better.
This also gives me time to wait for the upcoming, new/updated Modmii release, due very soon.

If requested, I can give a detailed report on my micro sdhc/xc & USB sticks findings.
i will also be testing larger capacity USB sticks (up to 256gb) & USB cased HT-LG dvd-roms (the good-old ones). Read too many mixed reports & just want better answers that satisfy me.
The larger USB sticks will have to wait for a huge price drop. Yes, am aware that USB-HDD is the best option, but I'm one of those that can't "leave well-enough-alone".
Some/most of you folks have done the earlier hard work to make the wii mods work better, & I would like to contribute my findings. I love hardware. I also love the efforts you guys went through. Too much usage of the word "love". Respect :)

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
FYI, modmii will direct u by saying that if u don't have an SD card, u can use a fat32 usb in place of an SD card to complete most of the softmod procedure (u just won't be able to install bootmii and make a nand backup, but u can do this later when u eventually get access to an SD card)

Also, unfortunately I don't know how soon the next modmii update will be released. I had a giant to do list, and needed help with maybe 5% of it. Of the 95% I was working on personally I've finished 94%, but of the 5% I "outsourced" for lack of a better word maybe only 1% or 2% has been finished. In short, the little bit that's left to finish is (mostly) outside my control. I'm thinking sometime before the end of the year may be a realistic time line.

edit: on the bright said, the next ModMii update is about 95% or 96% done! :)

Last edited by XFlak,

morning_glory

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I fully understand, Xflack. I still haven't fully completed my work around the house.
Re-pointing mortar & bricks. Taking longer than expected. I'm a patient old man, Xflack.

That red (US) wii ... I don't trust the sd cards anymore & I doubt I will use them to fix the issues. Need to see if the sd cards are repairable & then, dependable. That's why I need to purchase new sd cards (micro sdhc/xc). I'm limited with my pc, as I don't have a working sd card slot, but I figure I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone by implementing micro sd cards with USB adapters.

I try to read at night, as much as possible about the bible (Modmii).
Xflack & Cyan are the names I remember most, from a hell of long time ago. Not meaning to leave other important folks, out. I bow to you in total respect.
I guess many people are making their way back to using their wii & I'm glad I'm one of them. Perhaps I should try playing it, one of these days. Don't laugh, but I really did like Boom Blox. My daughters would hog the wii. Poor me missed out :(

Hoping to make some positive headway & compile a report. Wii long & prosper ;)

Reactions: XFlak

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The so called 64gb sd card from the red (US) wii, seems to have been altered/hacked from a 32gb sd card. The free space just kept shrinking till there was no free space. Now the sd card has got to the stage where it's showing that it's 32gb.
Yep, there's a lot of those out there. And since you got yours opened (with no packaging), there's a higher chance that the seller will try to scam you even more save some bucks by buying these cheap Chinese sd cards with fake capacity, hoping that you wouldn't notice (at least first glance)..
There's a software that checks these sd cards it's called h2testw, if you want to test them, copy and paste the data that's on these sd cards to a safe place, and run the test with the "read & verify" setting.
You should format these sd cards as fat 32kb cluster size before and after the test.
Now i know that most if not all will fail the test, just test them to know for sure.
I think you can get them back to show their true storage capacity, not sure what software to use. Check online if you want to do that..
Or you can just keep using them, though you should stop way before their real limit or otherwise it'll start corrupting everything that's stored in the sd card..
Btw, i wanted to tell you about this (the likelihood of these sd card being fake) but didn't..
The red wii hasn't been used for any gaming, but only just to monitor the sd card progress (power-up & simple page viewing). I can't really tell if any apps or games have been effected, as there's too much data files stored.
That's why i suggested to start fresh, getting the necessary homebrew apps from either ModMii or the Wii.guide site..
I will assume that the spare/back-up sd card will be the same. A fake 64gb card.
Most likely. Test it out to know for sure.
Most of the issues start with the micro sd to USB adapters. Even the smaller sized sdhc cards have issues being used, in both wii & pc. Not to mention that I prefer using the Sandik brand for compatibility.
Samsung ones are also good. And i don't recommend using an sd card to usb adapters with the Wii. Many users have had issues with them.. On pc it is fine.
This also gives me time to wait for the upcoming, new/updated Modmii release, due very soon.
You don't have to? The current release should do tasks discussed previously..
Yes, am aware that USB-HDD is the best option,
Yep. That means that they have the best compatibility with Wii games (if the hdd you're using is compatible that is). Sadly with usb flash drives, you will come across many games that won't work no matter what. But they do with external hdds.. So yeah.
I try to read at night, as much as possible about the bible (Modmii).
:lol:
I guess many people are making their way back to using their wii & I'm glad I'm one of them. Perhaps I should try playing it, one of these days. Don't laugh, but I really did like Boom Blox. My daughters would hog the wii. Poor me missed out :(
Boom Blox is a nice game, both the first and the sequel. I would recommend "Art of Balance" (WiiWare) if you liked that. Great game!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads