Hardware N3DS Standard does not start up, shows "An error has occurred" after doing SoundHax.

Bricked_3DS-Man

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, this issue has been a thing since... early 2017? I had barely begun doing homebrew stuff at the time (i was about 14), and tried hacking my brother's New 3ds he had gotten for Christmas. I had used the soundhax exploit i had successfully done on my o2DS the summer prior. Some details were foggy, but I know what might've gotten it to break like it did: i had pressed select instead of start in the luma cfw setup. after that, when the system came back on, the screen was flashing colors, sort of like the error screen. i remember trying to get help on here (though it seems the post isn't around anymore), but I was too much of a moron to fix it. I've also tried safe mode (A, R and L along with Dpad ^), but the screen is barely lit up, the settings music is extremely faint, and the touch screen and buttons do nothing. My username is actually inspired by this whole situation, so any help would be appreciated!

Bricked_3DS-Man

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take a picture of the error code, also did you successfully hacked the unit with soundhax?
i did with my first 2ds, but that has been broken for years now...

also there is no error code, just this:

Attachments

• IMG_20221105_223608.jpg
    IMG_20221105_223608.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 42

MrVtR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Now, this issue has been a thing since... early 2017? I had barely begun doing homebrew stuff at the time (i was about 14), and tried hacking my brother's New 3ds he had gotten for Christmas. I had used the soundhax exploit i had successfully done on my o2DS the summer prior. Some details were foggy, but I know what might've gotten it to break like it did: i had pressed select instead of start in the luma cfw setup. after that, when the system came back on, the screen was flashing colors, sort of like the error screen. i remember trying to get help on here (though it seems the post isn't around anymore), but I was too much of a moron to fix it. I've also tried safe mode (A, R and L along with Dpad ^), but the screen is barely lit up, the settings music is extremely faint, and the touch screen and buttons do nothing. My username is actually inspired by this whole situation, so any help would be appreciated!
Turn off the wifi key that is on the side of the console and try to turn it on the 3ds after that. 3ds when it has hardware problems on the Wifi Board, it presents this error, it is worth trying this
EDIT: sh*t, misread N3ds to 3dsXL, ignore this above as the N3DS doesn't have the Wifi switch on the side

Bricked_3DS-Man

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turn off the wifi key that is on the side of the console and try to turn it on the 3ds after that. 3ds when it has hardware problems on the Wifi Board, it presents this error, it is worth trying this
EDIT: sh*t, misread N3ds to 3dsXL, ignore this above as the N3DS doesn't have the Wifi switch on the side
Ctrtransfer won't fix it if it is hardware problems, also CTRtransfer requires CFW
huh. so i'm probably screwed here lol

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you access Luma3DS or GodMode9 by holding either "start" or "select" on boot? Also, remove the sd card if you have it inserted, and try doing the above.
You said the screen is dim and wasn't displaying correctly when it booted into the recovery mode? If so, this couldn't be a software issue, probably the screen's backlight fuse is dying/dead, which is completely unrelated to what you were doing (installing cfw)..
Though from the picture above the text is showing properly and it's not dim, unless that was a taken before that happened..

Bricked_3DS-Man

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you access Luma3DS or GodMode9 by holding either "start" or "select" on boot? Also, remove the sd card if you have it inserted, and try doing the above.
You said the screen is dim and wasn't displaying correctly when it booted into the recovery mode? If so, this couldn't be a software issue, probably the screen's backlight fuse is dying/dead, which is completely unrelated to what you were doing (installing cfw)..
Though from the picture above the text is showing properly and it's not dim, unless that was a taken before that happened..
the luma mode never shows up and godmode9 wasn't even installed yet. Also, the screen is fine, that picture was taking last night.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3