Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

wowe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to open the .jar file, I get the error "Illegal option: C" I tried double-clicking, dragging it into CMD, and trying to open it using a .bat file. Is this something that has occurred for someone else?

Thank you!

Lauranq

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was originally going to post about how a game never booted properly, and only ever did the black/white screen thing.
But then I uninstalled all the nds forwarder stuff I had and redid everything using only your method and your files. It worked like a charm!

Thanks for all of your hardwork - its so nice to be able to enjoy all the classic games that I have never got to play!

Reactions: RocketRobz

ne1weknow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I wonder if you can tell me what is involved when you say you “uninstalled all the forwarder stuff” and then re-did it?

I’m interested in updating nds-bootstrap to see what’s improved - if I can get some games to boot, fix distorted audio etc. I’m still on 0.29 according to TWL but I’m exclusively using forwarder CIAs these days. I basically renamed the current root:/_nds folder to root:/_ndsOLD and copied over latest nds-bootstrap version to root:/_nds. But, after doing all of this, I installed a forwarder .cia and it didn’t boot (white screens) and one of my existing installed forwarders no longer worked.

Am I doing the right thing to update ndsi-bootstrap for forwarders?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if you can tell me what is involved when you say you “uninstalled all the forwarder stuff” and then re-did it?

I’m interested in updating nds-bootstrap to see what’s improved - if I can get some games to boot, fix distorted audio etc. I’m still on 0.29 according to TWL but I’m exclusively using forwarder CIAs these days. I basically renamed the current root:/_nds folder to root:/_ndsOLD and copied over latest nds-bootstrap version to root:/_nds. But, after doing all of this, I installed a forwarder .cia and it didn’t boot (white screens) and one of my existing installed forwarders no longer worked.

Am I doing the right thing to update ndsi-bootstrap for forwarders?
Yes.
You also need to recreate the forwarder (if one doesn't work) and re-follow Part 1.1 in the first post.

ne1weknow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi @Robz8

Directions in 1.1 is basically what I did - I renamed the current root:/_nds folder to root:/_ndsOLD and copied over the contents of that Dropbox zip to root:/_nds. I didn't recreate any forwarders because nothing recent has changed in the jar package in Forwarder3DS-v2.9.6.zip. Am I missing something?

I'm happy to follow directions exactly but I'd like to understand if I missed something important here.

Thanks
Matt

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @Robz8

Directions in 1.1 is basically what I did - I renamed the current root:/_nds folder to root:/_ndsOLD and copied over the contents of that Dropbox zip to root:/_nds. I didn't recreate any forwarders because nothing recent has changed in the jar package in Forwarder3DS-v2.9.6.zip. Am I missing something?

I'm happy to follow directions exactly but I'd like to understand if I missed something important here.

Thanks
Matt
If you created your forwarders years ago, then they'll need to be recreated.

Migames

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hello.
When I finish the conversion (the game is Pokémon White) and open the game, the upper screen goes black and only the lower screen shows the error code, which is as follows.
"
An error occurred (ErrDisp)

Error type: generic
Process ID: 19
Process name: am
Process title ID: 0x0004013000001502
Address: 0x001093aa
Error code: 0xc8804478

Press any button to reboot
"
So is there any way to solve this problem?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.
When I finish the conversion (the game is Pokémon White) and open the game, the upper screen goes black and only the lower screen shows the error code, which is as follows.
"

"
Yes. Update Luma to fix this.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello.
"

"
Please run https://3ds.hacks.guide/troubleshooting twlfix. It seems to be what helps when others have posted about this.

Reactions: godreborn

benito0511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I try to forward a new ds file I get a menu that displays images of a square that says ak, a micro sd card, a gba game that says slot 2, and a folder.All the games i've done in the past work fine this has just been happening recently. Any idea how to fix this?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I try to forward a new ds file I get a menu that displays images of a square that says ak, a micro sd card, a gba game that says slot 2, and a folder.All the games i've done in the past work fine this has just been happening recently. Any idea how to fix this?
Which flashcard are you using?

Rosselman

Spooky Skeleton
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Okay, so I made forwarders some years ago for my flashcard (http://r4isdhc.com/) and they work perfectly. Today I wanted to make new ones and they don't work. The old method gave me a .dat file to put on the flashcard SD card, now I only get a .cia that when launched, shows a DSi boot screen and doesn't start the game. I chose R4i-SDHC as the target on the forwarder. What I'm doing wrong? I also tried R4i Gold RTS as the target but that shows a bugged YSmenu with no games.

edit: WHOOPS my bad. Realized that now you also need to put a new folder on you 3DS SD. Did that and worked.

Last edited by Rosselman,
Reactions: RocketRobz

LudoZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i ve read some pages of this thread but cant find someone with the same doubt.
how can i create any banner icon for this games with blank icons?
ive searched some apps to edit bin graphics but no one can open the banner icons to edit.

benjajas_909

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi, I followed all the steps and everything went well, but when I try to open the forwarder jar, it opens for half a second and then immediately closes.
I created the bin file, and when I run it, cmd shows these errors:
Caused by: javalangRuntimeException: Exception in Application start method
Caused by: javalangUnsatisfiedLinkError: Failed to create temporary file for / com / sun / jna /win32-x86-64/ jnidispatchdll library: Access Denied
I have reinstalled JRE, installed JDK, and run jarfix with no luck :(
(I had to delete some dots and add some spaces because this is a new account and the text got detected as a hyperlink)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I followed all the steps and everything went well, but when I try to open the forwarder jar, it opens for half a second and then immediately closes.
I created the bin file, and when I run it, cmd shows these errors:
Caused by: javalangRuntimeException: Exception in Application start method
Caused by: javalangUnsatisfiedLinkError: Failed to create temporary file for / com / sun / jna /win32-x86-64/ jnidispatchdll library: Access Denied
I have reinstalled JRE, installed JDK, and run jarfix with no luck :(
(I had to delete some dots and add some spaces because this is a new account and the text got detected as a hyperlink)
Reinstall latest Java. I think the file jar files use is javaw.exe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, krustday krab