NDS Forwarder Launch Issue

RPGShooter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just added a newly modified Blaze Black 2 NDS rom to my New Nintendo 3DS Xl and when I try and launch it I get an error saying:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not found:
Sd:/Users/"PC Username"/Desktop/Emulators & Roms/Roms/Nintendo DS Roms/Pokemon - Blaze Black 2 Redux Version.nds

Please recreate the forwarder with the correct ROM path.

Press B to return to HOME Menu.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The path that is shown in the error message is the path for where they were before they went through the forwarder program and is on my pc, NOT my SD Card.
I have other NDS games on my 3DS which I installed like a year ago using the same tutorial which still work just fine.

Thank You! <3

spitzeqc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you are using the YANBF GUI to create your forwarder, there is an option to specify the rom path. This path is where the 3ds will search on your sd card for the game. If you do not specify this, then it defaults to the wherever the rom currently is (though with the latest YANBF, this should now throw an error if the game is not on the sd card). In your case, the 3ds is trying to navigate to "/Users/.../Pokemon - Blaze Black 2 Redux Version.nds", which does not exist on your sd card.

To fix this, you can put the rom on the sd card and open the sd card copy (ie: you have a rom on "sd:/ROM.nds" and C:/Users/'PC USER'/ROM.nds", you would open the sd one instead of the C:/ one)
Alternatively, you can manually specify the rom path in the GUI
Untitled.png

RPGShooter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you are using the YANBF GUI to create your forwarder, there is an option to specify the rom path. This path is where the 3ds will search on your sd card for the game. If you do not specify this, then it defaults to the wherever the rom currently is (though with the latest YANBF, this should now throw an error if the game is not on the sd card). In your case, the 3ds is trying to navigate to "/Users/.../Pokemon - Blaze Black 2 Redux Version.nds", which does not exist on your sd card.

To fix this, you can put the rom on the sd card and open the sd card copy (ie: you have a rom on "sd:/ROM.nds" and C:/Users/'PC USER'/ROM.nds", you would open the sd one instead of the C:/ one)
Alternatively, you can manually specify the rom path in the GUI
View attachment 331742
No I used whatever forwarder sthetix did, also does YANBF require TwilightMenu to work? Because on my 3DS TwilightMenu doesn't work for whatever reason, hence why im even doing this instead of just using TwilightMenu.

sthetix's video:

spitzeqc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, it looks like you are using Forward3 DS. If you followed the guide exactly, then you checked the "Automatically set ROM path" button, and added a rom from your desktop instead of your sd card. Either way the fix should be the same, either move the rom to the sd card and generate the forwarder with the copy on the card, or manually specify the rom path on the sd card.

As for whether or not YANBF requires TwilightMenu, I believe it does. On the github page it says you need to install TwilightMenu, but under the "How it works" section, it seems like the app is launching a specified program and then that program automatically starts your rom, so maybe its not truly required? Either way I would stick to using Forward3 DS as we know that does not require TwilightMenu.

Side note: Because you used a video guide for this, it makes me wonder if you used a video guide for setting up cfw as well. In general, video guides are strongly discourages as they often contain out of date information. If you did not follow this guide for setting up your cfw, I would read over it and then compare it to the guide you did follow. You have homebrew running, so your setup does work, but you may be using an outdated method (maybe this is why TwilightMenu does not work?)

RPGShooter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I put the original Rom in a subfolder in my sd card then put it through the program and it worked! Though it did say something about missing DSI Binaries and had me run it in DS mode? If I delete the original rom in my SD card will that break the forwarded version? Also how would I manually specify the rom path on the SD Card?

Im not sure why TwilightMenu doesnt work, it worked when I first installed it then I didnt touch my 3DS for like ~6 months and found TwilightMenu not working.

Also ill look into a text tutorial and see if that and the video that I used are different, although im pretty sure when I homebrewed my 3DS the tutorial was only like ~2 weeks old?

Thank You! :D

SirHacksALot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I put the original Rom in a subfolder in my sd card then put it through the program and it worked! Though it did say something about missing DSI Binaries and had me run it in DS mode? If I delete the original rom in my SD card will that break the forwarded version? Also how would I manually specify the rom path on the SD Card?

Im not sure why TwilightMenu doesnt work, it worked when I first installed it then I didnt touch my 3DS for like ~6 months and found TwilightMenu not working.

Also ill look into a text tutorial and see if that and the video that I used are different, although im pretty sure when I homebrewed my 3DS the tutorial was only like ~2 weeks old?

Thank You! :D
Yes Deleting The Rom Will Make The Forwarder Not Work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.