Gaming NDS & Wii Titles Expected: Week of October 14 2008

bumjeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow Populus! where did that spring from? I had no idea.

Also what happened to Cave Story DS?
frown.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4ppleseed said:
Hadrian, it says on the Flower, Sun, and Rain Wiki: here

that ''An enhanced Nintendo DS remake (entitled Flower, Sun and Rain: Neverending Paradise in Japan) was released in Japan on March 6, 2008, and a European release is scheduled for October 2008.''
... is that true?
Europe: November 14th
North America: TBA 2009

nin10do said:
not one good game?

is it HADRIAN disAPPROVED week?
I've not really bothered this week with approving things but just because it doesn't have a stamp it doesn't mean that I think it'll be bad.

QUOTE(bumjeans @ Oct 11 2008, 09:24 AM)
Also what happened to Cave Story DS?
frown.gif
It was just a homebrew project and I think the original developer had nothing to do with the DS port. Like with most homebrew projects, it'll probably never be finished.

aznvienna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uhhh.... isnt Populous DS on nov 11?
It says it on gamespot and gamefaqs
or maybe they just never update stuff....

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Any more info on Cesar Millan's Dog Whisperer, Hadrian?
The missus loves his TV show, so that's about the only game on this week's list that's relevant to my interests...

osirisFIVE

Trophies
Website
www.imperfectgrandeur.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
The only party friendly thing about Wii music is the handbells rhythm aspect.

Everything else, especially the main 'Jam' mode is kinda ridiculous.
Picking an instrument and waving your wiimotes around just seems so 2 years ago.

This should have been a launch title.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aznvienna said:
uhhh.... isnt Populous DS on nov 11?
It says it on gamespot and gamefaqs
or maybe they just never update stuff....
I like to not rely on them at all for dates, they make a lot up to drum up pre-orders (same with IGN, damn you cnet Peter). All I know is that the publishers website says its out on that day. It could be wrong now but when I wrote it, it was right.

And for whoever wanted to know about Cesar Millan's Dog Whisperer. Its a game by Ubisoft so don't expect it to be any good, especially seeing that they've not talked it up or released any media for it but I did find this info:

"Cesar Millan's Dog Whisperer uses interactive games to teach Cesar Millan's world-renowned methodology and help owners understand how their dogs' minds work. The player is confronted with 40 different common dog issues and, using Cesar Millan's guidance, learns how to deal with each of them."

So expect to tap the screen quite a bit and make "Sshh" noises into the mic through a bunch of mini games.

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hadrian said:
(...)
"Cesar Millan's Dog Whisperer uses interactive games to teach Cesar Millan's world-renowned methodology and help owners understand how their dogs' minds work. The player is confronted with 40 different common dog issues and, using Cesar Millan's guidance, learns how to deal with each of them."

So expect to tap the screen quite a bit and make "Sshh" noises into the mic through a bunch of mini games.
So you're saying gameplay will be similar to the Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass?
Just kidding - and thanks for the follow-up.
biggrin.gif

cakeslob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone needs to hack army men to use a green army guy skin/model instead of a damn tiny kid

it might make the game a bit enjoyable, if not a bit nostalgic

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Battle of the Giants: Dinosaurs

Region North America Genre: Dino Battling
Developer: Ubisoft Publisher: Ubisoft

Being Ubisoft, you'd think it would be called Dinzsuarz.

Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs brings all the mysteries, wilderness and variety of the world of dinosaurs to Nintendo DS. In the game each player will have the opportunity to incarnate the dinosaur he prefers. Pick a favourite out of 26 different species, from the ravenous predator to the witty scavenger, and defend your territory in nine different maps, each with unique features and all-new threats. Customize your dinosaur using special eggs earned through victories in combat, earning new thorns, feathers and bones that will make yours the strongest dinosaur.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/rI5IRxpcwDk?si=g8PPkbkjsSuwpjZW +1