Hacking .nds without TWLoader

Aladie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A year ago I installed cfw on my 3ds(luma/boot9strap) and I installed a ds game to the NAND and it runs fine without this stupid TWLoader, but the problem is I forgot how I did this and now I am stuck with this stupid TWLoader. Could anyone please tell me the solution how I did this?

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
A year ago I installed cfw on my 3ds(luma/boot9strap) and I installed a ds game to the NAND and it runs fine without this stupid TWLoader, but the problem is I forgot how I did this and now I am stuck with this stupid TWLoader. Could anyone please tell me the solution how I did this?
why is twloader stupid lol

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Was the game Wario Ware Touched by any chance? To my knowledge, that's the only DS game that was ported to DSiWare.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Was the game Wario Ware Touched by any chance? To my knowledge, that's the only DS game that was ported to DSiWare.
Also the Japanese version of some Advance Wars :)

Is it possible to play DS games this way that wouldnt work with TWLoader?
Commercial games, not really - most of them are programmed (whether by "accident" = compiler limitations, or malice) to be only able to read from slot-1, and the main purpose of nds-bootstrap is to try to work around this limitation
There are some exceptions but the only ones I know of are actually the opposite case, a handful of DSiwarez that work from an iEvolution

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think an NDS wrapper/injector for NDS-to-DSi games would be cool. You'd also get the added benefit of DSi-mode NDS games, in theory. Like a VC injection for NDS ROMs.
I read somewhere that implementing that would be really hard since the game would have to be specifically reprogrammed so that it knows to access its code from the SD instead of the DS cart

Last edited by lAkdaOpeKA,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game