archagon

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Circuit City's 30-day no-questions-asked return policy has spoiled me.

Partly due to the fact that I foolishly spent ~$200 on my NDSL (bought used white, decided I wanted new black, sold for a loss on CL), I'm consumed by the desire to find the perfect NDSL. I've already returned my unit no less than 7 times for relatively insignificant reasons (shoulder buttons creak/don't click evenly, screen doesn't snap into place, slightly stuck volume knob, etc.), and now - even though I told myself over and over again that I would keep it - I'm considering returning my current unit as well due to the fact that the bottom screen has a slight yellow tinge. (common problem)

Should I do it? Is it likely that I'll eventually find a flawless NDSL?
I'm dying to finally settle down and apply my screen protectors, but it's impossible for me to achieve any kind of closure!

crescentsaber

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.lunarist.com
XP
Country
Circuit City's 30-day no-questions-asked return policy has spoiled me.

Partly due to the fact that I foolishly spent ~$200 on my NDSL (bought used white, decided I wanted new black, sold for a loss on CL), I'm consumed by the desire to find the perfect NDSL. I've already returned my unit no less than 7 times for relatively insignificant reasons (shoulder buttons creak/don't click evenly, screen doesn't snap into place, slightly stuck volume knob, etc.), and now - even though I told myself over and over again that I would keep it - I'm considering returning my current one as well due to the fact that the bottom screen has a slight yellow tinge. (common problem)

Should I do it? Is it likely that I'll eventually find a flawless NDSL?
I'm dying to finally settle down and apply my screen protectors, but it's impossible for me to achieve any kind of closure!

dude, nothing in the world is perfect. you can return it 20+ times and still be dissatisfied with what you have, or you can save your time and settle with what you have now. As long as it works ( it is, right ? unless its got a defect that keeps you from playing games normally ) just stick with it. thats my 2 cents though.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You are just like me.

1st DS: Green stuck pixel. Sold on eBay
2nd DS: Perfect! Sold on eBay for...
1st DS Lite: White. Got stained by a friend and his fucking cheese balls. Sold it on eBay.
2nd DS Lite: Black. Single red stuck pixel. Returned to Nintendo to try fix it. They didn't - but charged me anyway for the fun of it. Tried to open the DS myself to try massage the pixel. Broke that DS. Sold it as broken on eBay.
3rd DS Lite: Black. About 5 stuck pixels (seriously). Store wouldn't give me a refund so I sold it on eBay as brand new.
4th DS Lite: Black. Finally a perfect unit

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the bottom of my phat turned yellow out of the blue. anybody got an idea why
unsure.gif

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you need to grow up and just deal. Although here's a story for the kids:

First DS - DSPhat+MarioKart bundle - Two stuck pixels - Returned the same day
Second DS - DSPhat + MarioKart bundle - fine... sold to a friend to buy...
Third DS - Black DSLite. Gamestop tool told me that I pre-ordered a pink one... it escaled to talking to the manager, the employee had to give me the last remaining black (which he was planning on buying) to this day he uses the pink DSL.

My current black DSLite is pretty good, especially after I got the expandable case, now long playtimes don't hurt my hands. I noticed the lower screen creaks a bit if I push it down (?) but it only does that when I push down with a decent amount of pressure, so that's an easy thing to avoid. No cracks or stuck/dead pixels and I have used it nearly every day since launch. Good things.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I see a dead pixel. It goes back, no matter what shit I have to put up at the store. People claim "Oh it's a little issue and you're just being picky.". No, I'm not. If you bought a receiver and let's say that it caused some clicking in the sound every couple seconds, you'd return it.

Now outside of stuck pixels, I am willing to let some things slide. My DS Lite has the hinge crack. No bigge, it hasn't gotten worse at all and I can play it just fine. The touch screen can be pressed in on the lower right corner, again no biggie. You shouldn't be pressing a screen that hard anyways.

Point is, if it has a defect that is apparent during standard and proper use, you return it. If it's just a small aesthetic blemish or a rare quirk, don't be picky. Because if you return it, you could get a unit far worse.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I use my fat ds all the time, (bought on release in europe)..
no problems at all
not even a scratch on the touch screen (No screen protectors)...

one thing tho, the plastic tape thing on the backside (protecting the console ID etc.) fell off, and now I dont have a number there (or wait, maybe it's called serial number?) anyway...

I treat it badly though, so the outside is.... lacking some silver paint
tongue.gif

(looks like it's rubbed with sand paper)...

fat ds = the king....

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I returned the first DS lite because it had one stuck pixel. Switched it with another one, since then no problems, a perfect DS. I bought my from Bestbuy, in case you're wondering.

teh_raf3

Whatever suits you
Trophies
Website
users.pandora.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I bought a regular DS at launch, it had a stuck pixel. I traded it in, got one with a broken touchscreen, traded it in again and got a good one. I then sold that one and bought a DSlite Black, which works perfect.

aquariumboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I use my fat ds all the time, (bought on release in europe)..
no problems at all
not even a scratch on the touch screen (No screen protectors)...

one thing tho, the plastic tape thing on the backside (protecting the console ID etc.) fell off, and now I dont have a number there (or wait, maybe it's called serial number?) anyway...

I treat it badly though, so the outside is.... lacking some silver paint tongue.gif
(looks like it's rubbed with sand paper)...

sounds alot like mine lol, iv had mine sence the usa launch and looks just like a new one right off the shelf. with all the problems iv seen people
have in real life with the ndsL i dont think im ever going to get one.
if i do though im going to buy new bottom and top screens, sence where i live we rarely get them in stock so when we do you live with the one you get... but for now

QUOTEfat ds = the king....

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I think you're imagining many of those problems, geez.

Anyhow, I had one Black, dropped it myself and one shoulder button wouldn't click like it should - returned it.

Bought a second one and its perfect. Like mint. I keep it in a sunglass case that is made for cleaning glasses, so when I get fingerprints, I put it in there and rub between my hands, and its like new.

On the other hand, I saw some idiot trying to return a DS that was literally ripped in half and missing a piece of the latch, plus it was white, so it looked like it was played with in the mud. His damn kid needs to be slapped. Then he needs to be slapped. Then he should slap himself.

archagon

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ARGH, THIS IS SADISM!
JUST as I decided to settle down with my new NDSL, I discovered three specks of dust behind the top screen that look like dead pixels!
>:(

PhoenyX101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ARGH, THIS IS SADISM!
JUST as I decided to settle down with my new NDSL, I discovered three specks of dust behind the top screen that look like dead pixels!
>:(

Exact same thing happened to me! Just got my Onyx DS Lite yesterday and immediately noticed 3 specs of dust under the screen (one might be a dead pixel but I can't tell as I am no expert). The casher at EB Games said I have a 14 day warranty so I am going to return it today. I hope they don't turn me down because it is only a minor issue in their opinion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Where do you see how much you've saved?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Under orders
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    See maybe good for you guys, but I don't hardly ever order from amazon, maybe only couple times a month
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Primes great because I stopped getting into arguments with the door greeter at Walmart
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahahaha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They see me so much in there they don't even ask for me receipt anymore tbh
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Pain in the ass, don't see it anywhere on the desktop site, had to pull it up on my phone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think they gave up on the website and mainly focus on the app
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Desktop site > mobile site > mobile app
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Mobile app is such absolute dogshit, I haven't used it in SO long
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah mobile versions better people don't think about how apps are just shrunken down websites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be the phone connection etc I've mostly been fine with the app
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Regardless fuck bezos
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Agreed. Crazy how both seeking a job at Amazon, and subsequently quitting Amazon, are both some of the best decisions I've ever made
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did someone loose a leg? You're fired
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs 55gb patch for hogwarts legacy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Teslas are prob running Windows XP to this day.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sometimes I wonder where I went wrong and why I'm so dissatisfied with my life
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Then I find myself arguing with someone on reddit about how blatantly wrong their understanding of the USB Power Delivery specification is.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    At 1 AM.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Where did I go wrong, again? 😕
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, What do you mean?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, What do you mean?