Hacking Need a flashcart that supports it all. Does it exist?

Trophies
XP
I am very confused. So does Sky3ds+ play online or not? And do R4i work with the newest firmware? As I said I am not comfortable enough to homebrew anything. And getting a new 3ds for the same price I bought it for can be a challenge since it was VERY cheap.
Sky3ds only plays online if you rip a bit of data exclusive to each game cartridge and patch a rom file with it. R4i ds-mode flashcarts work with the latest homebrew. No offense, but you're an idiot for being scared. Nothing bad will happen.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I am very confused. So does Sky3ds+ play online or not? And do R4i work with the newest firmware? As I said I am not comfortable enough to homebrew anything. And getting a new 3ds for the same price I bought it for can be a challenge since it was VERY cheap.
I will add more info to what @jupitteer said.
Yes, you need a bit of data exclusive call "private header" to be able to go online with Sky3DS.
Since your 3DS is 11.4. Only option is buy another legit cart game that can go online + Power Saves to get private header.
Which mean, you have to pay more than you though. Also, I remember that some games require the match private header too.
So you may need to buy more than one legit cart to make sure you won't get ban. Pirate with CFW is a lot safer and cheaper.

fetoll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so I managed to track down a NEW nintendo 3ds XL with IPS display and Ocarina of time for 80 bucks (holy fucking shit) with firmare 11.3. Is that worth taking?

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Ok so I managed to track down a NEW nintendo 3ds XL with IPS display and Ocarina of time for 80 bucks (holy fucking shit) with firmare 11.3. Is that worth taking?
If 80 bucks = 80 USD, the price is already equal to brand new Sky3DS alone.
So, yeah, it's worth your money.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Yes but will it work with that firmware? Installing homebrew that is.
Right now, we can intall 3DS CFW on 3DS up to 11.3.

There is 2 things you need to know about 3DS hacking.
  1. 3DS exploit: This is a way allow to run somethings that normally can't run such as homebrew, etc. Example of 3DS exploit are menuhax, arm9loaderhax, fasthax, etc.
  2. 3DS CFW: This is what you want to allow your 3DS to add more function to FW, such as out of region cart load, pirating, ETC. This one need 3DS exploit to be able to run. Example of CFW is Luma3DS. ReiNAND, Corbenik.
The choices you have now is Installing Arm9loaderhax (A9LH) Exploit with Luma3DS CFW. Can be done by following this guide: http://3ds.guide/. This setting is mostly safe from removed by Nintendo. The problem is, this setting require user to hack into 3DS System files. So it has a small risk of brick. But, if you're understand and following every step of the guide I gave you correctly. Even though you bricked, it can still be fix by hardmod.

You better do this now since your FW is mostly perfect for this. 11.4 right now is not possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kinda feeling like that remix of the perfect cell theme