Need advice on getting a new tablet.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Okay, so my current tablet is a nexus 7 (2012). At first it was great and I loved it. But now it makes me sick. It's become slow and sluggish. Trying to stream online video on it is choppy. It takes forever for apps to load. It takes way too long to charge up. I even bought that easyaac 5V fast charger from amazon thinking it would help. It didn't. The internal storage is also filled up. The lack of a micro SD card is a huge problem. So yeah, it's become a chore to even use it. I want a new tablet. The one I'm looking at is this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200422&pf_rd_i=507846

It seems to be like the nexus 7 with the addition of a rear camera, SD card slot (thank god), and more powerful processor (Intel). And for $100 less than what I paid for my current tab. Is this a good buy? It's made by the same people (asus).

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
The internal storage is also filled up. << That is your problem, the 2012 N7 has the fstrim problem, update to android 4.4, leave at least 2GB of free space and run lagfix (needs root). It will improve, A LOT. Also on the tablet you selected, a few android apps dont run on intel processors, or run worse, so keep that in mind.
About charging, the nexus 7 2012 and 2013 are picky about the cable you use. Crap cables will simply not work on the nexus. Read this for more info: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1823377

Reactions: Bryon15

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man. I wanted to thank you again. Your tips really helped me. It was a hassle though. I had to download android 4.4.4 from google, get the wugfresh nexus 7 toolkit, backup up everything the was on the tablet, flash the latest version of android, root it, redownload the apps, then put everything that was backed up back on it. It took all night. But I'm pleased. Now I don't have to buy a new tablet right now. Thanks man. :)

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love my nexus 7 2012. Video is choppy but that's the app's fault for trying to load every video in 720p. (wtf??) Give me 144 or 240p.

Im surprised how fast it charges, but I guess I don't have high standards for this. I charge my 3ds and PSP using USB even though they charge slower this way.

I have the 16gb model which is plenty of space for my needs.

p.s. I have 4.4.2 is that bad? Should I upgrade?
There is an icon on the left left saying there is an update available, its been like that for over a week but every time I click it nothing happens. I thought it was a glitch but I didn't know how to ake the notification go away.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    AncientBoi
    "AncientBoi - the it :ohnoes:"
  • light27 @ light27:
    -light27 profile comments, 2023
  • light27 @ light27:
    when we were talking about psps
  • light27 @ light27:
    and i was really REALLY bad at coding
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Went to your page to remember. yea, I'm still here
  • light27 @ light27:
    if i had more energy (i just woke up) there would be about 50 more reallys
    +2
  • light27 @ light27:
    nice
  • light27 @ light27:
    say, do you happen to have a modded wii u or 3ds
    nope. Just me and my PSP 3001
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, I own a dsi and a ps3
    +2
    I think I own a shoe. It's here.... Somewhere
  • light27 @ light27:
    LOL
    +1
  • light27 @ light27:
    hmm yes
  • light27 @ light27:
    wait
  • light27 @ light27:
    what if shoes are games and the cartridges are your feet
    +1
    👞 Found it :hrth::toot::grog::D:grog::toot::hrth:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    it was in your ass wasn't it?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also i don't have a wii u or a 3ds, but i do have a wii and a dsi, both modded
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    brb
    It was in yours actually :D:tpi::rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    pulled it out of my ass like a tapeworm
    (yes that's a song reference)
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or im still here
    +1