Need an update on 4.2.1 jailbreak

SilentGhost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I recent got a new iPhone 3GS and updated it cause it froze up and forgot to save my SHSH blobs and now I'm waiting for a new jailbreak because redsn0w does not work for the 3GS so can someone help me out and tell me when the new jailbreak is released? I would appreciate it a lot.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country

redsn0w DOES work for 3GS new bootROM but is tethered which is not recommended for iPhone since you cannot turn your iPhone off. 2 untethering exploits are in the works, 1 which will only work for those with 4.2b3 SHSH blobs (easier and more likely to arrive first) and a 2nd by Comex which will just work with 4.2
Oh yeah, and don't change font size for no reason. Makes it seem like you're shouting at people

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^ You don't seem to know what you are saying. You described getting into DFU mode. He needs a jailbreak, and, unless he wants a tethered jailbreak, he has to downgrade. He can not downgrade without SHSH blobs with his device.

You can either jailbreak tethered, or you can wait for Greenpois0n to be updated, which should happen in a few days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk