Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I have two 1tb hard drives in my computer and I want to use them for raid. I've opened up my bios and pressed the button to enable raid but when I exit the bios there is no prompt for me to open the bios with ctrl i or s and nothing happens when I enter in either of those. I've restarted my computer multiple times, apparently in raid mode according to my bios but I've never been able to configure my raid array, it just boots as if it were in AHCI. Both of my hard drives are recognized by my computer so I'm not very sure what's going on.
Any help is appreciated (My system is AMD and on Windows 10).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if ctrl+i doesn't appear when booting, maybe the BIOS is not properly set to use the SATA in raid mode?

another solution to set the drives as raid are either :
- use your BIOS (not the raid menu), sometime it has a way where you can manage the hdds. it probably depends on your BIOS manufacturer/revision.
or
- install the raid program on windows, it will let you merge the drives in a single array. I don't know if AMD is working like that, but Intel's IAStore program/driver let you do that.
if you plan to use your OS on the RAID array, you'll have to reinstall the OS to get the raid drivers. but I guess you want it as additional data storage as you already use windows without these drives.

maybe once your drives are in RAID, the BIOS will display the ctrl+i menu, but you don't really need it if you use the program to manage your drives.

Wait for someone else with more AMD knowledge.

Last edited by Cyan,

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
1) Have you checked the manual?
2) Will this also be your system drive? If not then another option may be storage spaces.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)