Need help to extract the .sav file from a .esv created by EZ Flash Omega

Z_Tetriminos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've played some Sylvan Tale, a Game Gear game, on my EZ Flash Omega + SimpleLight custom firmware.
Due to emulation issues, I decided to transfer my saves and continue playing in another emulator (prolly RetroArch on my Vita, or Kega Fusion on Windows).
The save file is in .esv format. I needed it to be in .srm format (Kega Fusion) or .sav format (Gearsystem, another windows GG emulator).
...And I can't seem to convert/extract the save file.

Long story short, I downloaded all goombasav files on github. I don't know how to use gbaromextract.x64 and goombasav.x64, as they don't open, and dragging and dropping the file onto them seems to do nothing.
Opening the .esv on GoombasavCore.WinForms.x64 gives me the attached image. The SRAM and the state file are in there! And neither wants to come out.
Pressing "extract" gives me a "Unknown error (no configdata?)" alert. Selecting File > Save as... gives me a .sav file which is unreadable by every emulator I tried.

Then I stumbled upon Kuwanger's PSO tool (which I can't link because my account here is too new), but the download links are dead as a parrot. Maybe it could save the day, but I can't find a mirror anywhere. The link to the site is dead too, I had to use the Wayback Machine.
And the obvious "rename the file to .sav" of course doesn't work because they are completely different save types.

Anyway, I need help with goombasav/PSO or any other method of extracting the god-blessed save file to a .sav so I can play some Sylvan Tale on my Vita/PC without starting the game from the beginning. Thanks!

Attachments

• goombasav.png
    goombasav.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 156

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Since you are using the CFW, I don't think there is a save manager available for the embedded GG emulator for now.
All the existed save managers which you have tried are used with Goomba, Goomba Color, PocketNES, and SMSAdvance.

NewHobbyWhoDis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After too much time searching for an answer to this for myself, I finally found success. Strange how you were getting errors extracting from the SRAM though, Pokemon Crystal went smoothly for me. Given that you mentioned GoombasavCore.WinForms.x64 and the other exe's (which aren't needed), I figured I'd clear this up for people like me who ended up here looking for answers.

This software "GoombasavCore.WinForms.x64" makes it really easy to turn your esv into a sav, and your sav back into an esv for your EZ Flash. First you'll want to download the desktop version of Microsoft .NET Core (which the program will promt you to do if you don't have it already). Then follow what exec_liberty says (link at bottom) up to "Replace", but click "Export" instead. The rest is simple.
If you want to play on or modify that sav file, follow exactly what exec_liberty said to get an esv back.

ESV / SAV Conversion

Last edited by NewHobbyWhoDis,
Reactions: DanTheManMS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I can assure you it is