Hacking Need help to safely do online mulitplayer with Gateway.

GaaraPrime

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi guys,

Me and a friend of mine have decided to play some online mulitplayer of Heroes of Ruin.

We BOTH have N3DS XL (AU) at 9.0 Sysnand and 9.0 Emunand. We both have Gateway. We haven't updated our Emunand yet coz frankly speaking there hasn't been a need to do that yet. We both have Cubic Ninja (if that matters).

Currently, we haven't even added our wifi settings in the N3DS in fear of an update downloading.

So, I would really appreciate it if you guys can suggest us to safely do online multiplayer. How should we proceed without our Emunand downloading system updates, etc? What is a safe way to do online multiplayer?

Thanx a lot in advance for any help :)

Edit: We both have the same copy of Heroes of Ruin EU cia :)

Last edited by GaaraPrime,

GaaraPrime

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
A .cia file is enough. You wont get banned using .cia files while gaming online :yaysp:

I know. That's what I've read, but how do we safely do online?

Like add wifi settings, turn off wifi, start game, somehow turn wifi on, play?

Confused :(

Edit: Lol, maybe we can add wifi settings, turn our wifi router off :P, start game, select multiplayer, turn wifi router on, and play but turning off wifi router will cause other devices to lose internet connection :(

Edit II: Am I being TOO PARANOID? :P

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

Edit: Lol, maybe we can add wifi settings, turn our wifi router off :P, start game, select multiplayer, turn wifi router on, and play but turning off wifi router will cause other devices to lose internet connection :(

Why don't you just stay connected?
How do we ensure there's not a system update downloaded in the background?
Why does it matter? You don't have to install it.

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turn off your wifi switch before putting the system to sleep (closing the lid). As long as you don't have wifi on while it's sleeping, it won't download an update.

If you do download an update, it doesn't install automatically, but it will nag you about once a day. Annoying, but not end of the world.

You can make a backup of your emuNand as it is now, without the update, and then restore the backup if you start getting nagged. Any titles you have installed after the backup will need to be reinstalled, but save data is stored on the SD card, so you won't lose save data (as far as I know). Other than that, there isn't an easy way that I know of to get rid of an update nag in emuNand.

GaaraPrime

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
So, it will only download an update WHEN IT'S IN SLEEP? I never put my system to sleep. I always turn the system off as my gaming hours are quite erratic.

Edit: Well, I guess the only way to know for sure is to try it out ourselves. Am gonna have to read up on how to backup emunand.

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: GaaraPrime

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Well first of all you have to unlink emunand and sysnand. Then in sysnand make 3 fake wifi connetions just in case. In emunand ou can safely connect online but dont close the lid (go into safe mode) unless you want that update nag. So basically do all of the things above and youre good to go!

Reactions: GaaraPrime

GaaraPrime

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/
It's a small program that extracts and injects the emuNand partition. Pretty easy to use.

Thanx a lot for the link. I'll check it out :)

Well first of all you have to unlink emunand and sysnand. Then in sysnand make 3 fake wifi connetions just in case. In emunand ou can safely connect online but dont close the lid (go into safe mode) unless you want that update nag. So basically do all of the things above and youre good to go!

FANTASTIC! Will do :D Our nands are already unlinked. We'll make fake wifi connections in sysnand and then connect in emunand :D

Thanx a lot GuitarHeroKnight :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT