Homebrew Need help with vWii gc adapter for project M

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, thank you very much for your work. I tested the patch but unfortunately I get a black screen from the moment I run Gecko os ... The archive looks broken.or then I do not understand how to run the software.

This only works with NTSC-U Brawl at the moment. No idea what else it could be if that's not your problem.

Masana

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for your answer, I installed the archive and since my wiiu I launch the menu Vwii, homebrew channel and finally gecko os. I get a black screen when launching the software. That's what is happening at home but maybe I'm taking it wrong ...

JacobM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your answer, I installed the archive and since my wiiu I launch the menu Vwii, homebrew channel and finally gecko os. I get a black screen when launching the software. That's what is happening at home but maybe I'm taking it wrong ...
Something is probably wrong on your end. Gecko OS loads for me, but I can't move the cursor. Gonna try using WiiLauncher later.

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so could this work with a program like the WiiVC injector? If so how could i get that to work?
No. Right now it only works with a physical disc and on patching with gecko. Even if we could patch the ISO, I don't think it would work with the WiiVC injector script because IIRC that doesn't have USB access.

Steelmonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Right now it only works with a physical disc and on patching with gecko. Even if we could patch the ISO, I don't think it would work with the WiiVC injector script because IIRC that doesn't have USB access.
So theirs still no way for me to play brawl/pm on my wiiu with gc controller. Oh well at least this will make some people happy.

Last edited by Steelmonkey,

JacobM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cursor cannot be moved with newer wii motion plus inside wiimotes. The build uses a VERY OLD libogc. You need an old wiimote, one without motion plus. Not sure if compiling with newer libogc as MP2E tried to do would help that https://github.com/MP2E/Gecko-OS

Thanks for the reply. I figured that out a bit earlier, turns out WiiLauncher works great with Motion Plus remotes and should accept a GPF file (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiLauncher). @Peninsula , could you try loading the mod with WiiLauncher. It may be a better homebrew to bundle this patch with.

I messed around with using Brawl Builder to inject the patch into main.dol (default location) but had no success. It could be worth a shot to modify the ----offset variable (ie 0000), but since Gecko OS needs to patch specific places in the memory this is probably unlikely to ever be successful.

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. I figured that out a bit earlier, turns out WiiLauncher works great with Motion Plus remotes and should accept a GPF file (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiLauncher). @Peninsula , could you try loading the mod with WiiLauncher. It may be a better homebrew to bundle this patch with.

I messed around with using Brawl Builder to inject the patch into main.dol (default location) but had no success. It could be worth a shot to modify the ----offset variable (ie 0000), but since Gecko OS needs to patch specific places in the memory this is probably unlikely to ever be successful.

Sure yeah I'll test WiiLauncher. I'm looking into dolpatch with Wiimms Iso Tools. It should be possible to patch the main.dol since all the offsets and values are in the gpf patch file.

JacobM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure yeah I'll test WiiLauncher. I'm looking into dolpatch with Wiimms Iso Tools. It should be possible to patch the main.dol since all the offsets and values are in the gpf patch file.

Cool! Good luck! I tried finding the offsets and values in the gpf patch file, but they weren't as clearcut as wilm0x42's example. I'll be sure to share any progress!

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it definitely should be possible from what I've seen. Would be great if you could get it working thanks let me know how it goes. I found this in my earlier searching a couple of days ago for reference https://gbatemp.net/threads/question-applying-gecko-codes-to-wii-vc-titles.488866/ not gpf but some recent discussion

Cool. That's actually my next goal after PM ISO GC controller support - Bomberman Blast wiiware with GC controller support giving us 8 player again. Looks like it would be the same process assuming it's as easy as patching the main.dol. Also the memory patches would likely need to be just slightly different (hopefully).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

WiiLauncher does work with Wiimotion plus remotes, so it's got that over Gecko. However, it still only works with SD cards <=2GB. I'll update the zip at some point, but yeah, right now I'm just trying to get it patched to an ISO so people won't have to worry about SD card sizes or Gecko launchers.

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So unfortunately I haven't had any success with patching the main.dol, and getting GCN support on an ISO. What's even worse is that I won't be able to work on this any more for a long time, so I figured I'd post what I have in case anyone wants to take a look at this - I'm probably close.

Basically RSBE01.gpf patches 14 areas of memory. I've added the addresses and values to an xml file compatible with Riivolution/Wiimms Iso Tools:
https://pastebin.com/SEi0jHRg

The first patch is too big for the xml file, so you can download patch1.bin along with my other notes.

Attachments

• GC adapter ISO patching notes.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 138

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If I add GPF support (almost certain if it will be a common format), you won't need to convert it.
If it's not going to be wide spread, and it's only for one game, then converting to gameconfig.txt is probably better.
I posted a gameconfig.txt here, not sure if it works of if I did something wrong.

Reactions: MrKatanaObiWan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...