Gaming Need Help!

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok there this guy with serious mental and anger issues and I don't to deal with his shit any more, I've heard there are ways to block direct connections to the router. Does any one know a simple way of doing this? he has his laptop directly connected to the router!

D

Deleted_171835

Do you have his MAC address?

And what router do you have?

But wait, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by direct connect. Is the laptop connected wirelessly or through one of the ethernet ports?

Reactions: 1 person

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with soulx, there are some ambiguities in your post that would severely alter what I would say

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no its and AT&T Router...and he connected via the DSL cord in to the router....not sure about the mac address is she changed the password so his Ipod no longer works which is good, he's such a fucking prick, creep and ass hole...we want him to never be able to connect to the network again...so I told her to call the phone company and have them remove him off the network and block his IP! are there any programs that could help with this!

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no its and AT&T Router...and he connected via the DSL cord in to the router....not sure about the mac address is she changed the password so his Ipod no longer works which is good, he's such a fucking prick, creep and ass hole...we want him to never be able to connect to the network again...so I told her to call the phone company and have them remove him off the network and block his IP! are there any programs that could help with this!

Maybe you can block his MAC address?

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the router settings. You need basic knowledge to change your router settings.

Depending on what operating system you are using (If you are using windows): While connected to your internet: Press Windows Sign + R. Type in cmd when the screen pops up. Type ipconfig /all. Look for the default gateway and open up an internet browser (like IE).

Type in the default gateway into the internet browser and you should be accessing your router; if you are connected without an DSL cord it will require username and password. Otherwise connect with a Ethernet cord and go into the settings. Then look for security options and look for MAC address filtering. Look through the logs of the router to find his MAC address then block that MAC address (if he finds out it's extremely trivial how to get around this).

Otherwise Karate Chop him if he gets near the router.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
No software can remotely block someone else from connecting to a router they've got a direct (wired) connection to. This can only be done through the router settings (either filtering MAC/IP addresses or creating a whitelist) or a hardware solution (I.e. Removing his wire).

If he connected wirelessly, there are several methods I can think of to prevent him connecting again - all through common router settings.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Am I missing something or can't you just unplug (or break somewhere) the ethernet cable connecting him to the router.
If he's wireless, add a password.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
There's quite a bit of info missing here. Sounds like this person is a relative/sibling, roommate, or coworker and you don't own the router (and thus can't just ban him from using it) and just want to be sneaky and block his access without him and/or the router's owner knowing about it. Am I close?

That said, if you can provide us with the brand and exact model of the router, we might be able to find the documentation on it and figure out how to do what you're asking. Otherwise take it up with the router's owner.

Kiiro_Yakumo

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
Type ipconfig /all
I would type cmd first because entering ipconfig /all directly from "run command" will display info and instantly exit

Am I missing something or can't you just unplug (or break somewhere) the ethernet cable connecting him to the router.
If he's wireless, add a password.
WPA2 nothing less

I would also add MAC Filtering if router gives such option and *bang* You fried they bad guy :P

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are quoting from my post, you may have missed that when you do windows sign + R, I did mention to type in cmd first =P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.coca-cola.com/xe/en/media-center/wozzaah-launch