Hacking Need some help unmodding my Wii.

Razum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as the topic title says, modded my Wii awhile ago and I'm now finding that it won't read any Gamecube games (when I try to boot one the screen just goes black). I figured I would just un-mod the system to play what I wanted and re-mod it later since it's gotten so much quicker and easier to do. Problem is, I have no idea what I'm doing or how to go about doing this. Anyone know how I should be going about this?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were you, I would just run a sysCheck and drag it into ModMii's sysCheck updater that will install all the recommended IOS, mIOS, cIOS, etc. files. I don't see any reason to unmod it, and I wouldn't know what to tell you without knowing what you've done to it.

Razum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, I really know very little about this stuff, I just followed a step-by-step guide on here ages ago. If there's easy ways to resolve this (which it sounds like it is based on the posts here) that's the way I'll go. Any and all help is appreciated, otherwise I'll look into the posted information when I'm back from work tomorrow.

somewhereovertherainbow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we love to help but we need to know how far your Wii is softmodded.

checklist:
*have you installed homebrew channel?
*can you play wii games on a usb loader?

edit: basicly, it is possible to unmod a Wii. but unless you gonna sell it or whatever its alot easier to fix up your Wii so the softmod works for you. you will otherwise miss up on alot of opporunities.

Razum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes to both of those. I had just assumed that it would be easier to unmod and remod later as I didn't know there was a easy way to identify what the issue was and resolve it.

somewhereovertherainbow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes to both of those. I had just assumed that it would be easier to unmod and remod later as I didn't know there was a easy way to identify what the issue was and resolve it.

well, there is two ways both is pretty easy.

1. As you say you can Play Wii Games but not Gamecube Games I think you miss DiosMios on your Wii.
Its not the only way to Play Gamecube games but it works very good .

DiosMios Formula
Install DIOSMIOS_v2.10.wad and RVL-BC-v6.wad to Play Gamecube games from USB
Install DIOSMIOSLite_v2.10.wad and RVL-BC-v6.wad to Play Gamecube games from SD-card
Install RVL-mios-v10.wad to remove DIOSMIOS and use Gamecube Disc as normal

You can find DiosMios on either ModMii or Dmlizard . i used dmlizard 2 days ago .

also, if you want to play gamcube games from usb you need to format the usb-drive correctly.

Play Wii/Gamecube games from USB-drive
A. Format your USB to FAT32 with cluster size 32kb using easeUS Partition Master. Also make the partition active and primary and first (USB1). Guide for easeUS Partition Master can be found here: https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/prepare-sd-usb .
B. To Play Gamecube Games - Create a folder 'Games' inside the partition (USB1) and put all Gamecube ISO file(s) into your USB-drive .
C. To Play Wii Games - Download and Open WiiBackupManager . Click 'Drive 1' and select USB-drive from 'inactive' . Click 'Files' - 'Add - Files' and select your Wii ISO file(s) . Lastly Click 'Transfer - Drive 1' to put all Wii ISO file(s) into your USB-drive .
D. Remove USB-drive from Computer and plug into Wii . Also put in Gamecube controller and Gamecube Memory Card in Wii .
E. Launch USB Loader GX . Press this icon (Loader Mode) !! ( http://i.imgur.com/ioqV74i.png ) . Select Wii Games and GC Games .

otherwise if you was having issues and think your Wii is poorly modded...
Install modmii and run it
Goto page 2 downloads from main menu
Download sysCheck files and transfer the files to your sd card
Run sysCheck on your wii through the homebrew channel and it will save a sysCheck.cvs file on your sd card

Run modmii again
From the main menu select sysCheck updater
Enter the path of your sysCheck.cvs file or just drag the file onto the modmii screen and it will look at your file
and determine what needs updated.Follow the prompts to get the updated files and then install them on your wii.
It should give you a custom guide as well with install instructions.

Razum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That seems to have fixed the issue, but all I've done so far is boot a gamecube game up. I'll test it more and get back to you after work tomorrow. Thanks for the help in the meantime.

Alright, slight update.

I have a disk copy and a backup on my usb harddrive of both Metroid Prime 2 and Twilight Princess (GCN).

Metroid Prime 2 will boot off the disk and freeze shortly after I start the game (specifically anytime I leave the main menu, be it loading a file or starting a new one). If I try the backup, it gets to the DIOS-MIOS logo and never loads past there (don't believe it's frozen as the system still shuts down with a tap of the power button as opposed to holding it down).

Twilight Princess freezes at the DIOS-MIOS screen if I try and use the disk, but seems to run just fine if I use the backup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Soi soi soi rofl rofl rofl