Need to get atmosphere os sx os user

Zap2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have sx system nand ofw is 4.1 I have sx os on emunand hidden partition.
I need to update so I need to change to atmosphere should I drop sx or do the dual boot what’s the pros and cons for each way?

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only pro of keeping sx os is for booting xci games off an external hdd and being an "all in one" pack. besides that, everything else can be done with atmosphere and other homebrew/tools. so if booting xci games doesnt matter to you, just drop it.

As for updating, if your unit is ipatched. dont update the sysnand, youll lose your entry point for cfw.

Also as for updating the firmware (whether it be sysnand or emunand/emummc) use daybreak (comes with atmosphere) instead of choi. daybreak uses the built in system of updating your systems firmware

Reactions: binkinator

Zap2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the only pro of keeping sx os is for booting xci games off an external hdd and being an "all in one" pack. besides that, everything else can be done with atmosphere and other homebrew/tools. so if booting xci games doesnt matter to you, just drop it.

As for updating, if your unit is ipatched. dont update the sysnand, youll lose your entry point for cfw.

Also as for updating the firmware (whether it be sysnand or emunand/emummc) use daybreak (comes with atmosphere) instead of choi. daybreak uses the built in system of updating your systems firmware
Ok thanks for the information
I check my serial and it’s green.
Should I keep my sysnand on 4.1.0 and just run atmosphere on lastest emunand like I done with sx os? To keep it simple is there any benefit from updating from 4.1.0?

I was going to get a new sd card and just go new with atmosphere
Can I transfer save files or am I better not exporting them over incase game loading problems or something else?

Zap2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Up to you, I keep my sysnand on 8.1, just because I'm lazy to update it. And use my emunand 100% of the time

Okay me too I prefer not making much changes to my sysnand.

Regarding my game progress save files how do I get them on new sd card with atmosphere?

Or am I better to format my console to start fresh?? 😅

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1