• Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

crazycaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What format(s) does NEEK2O expect the wbfs games to be named as? I normally have mine named as _[GAMEID].wbfs, but it doesn't seem to like that. When I renamed NSMB from my standard convention to SMNE01.wbfs, it showed up, but 28 times. I currently have 28 wbfs files in my usb:/wbfs directory, so it seems to be seeing all the files, but will only load one of them.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The format you just described is on our todo list.
Pretty much all other methods supported by usb loaders should work.
As you found out, .wbfs directly under the wbfs folder is one of them.
There is a method with every game in it's own gameid subfolder as well, and a method with the subfolder ending with the gameid between square brackets.
I will look up and describe the details tomorrow.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
having trouble switching nands when i go to switch the only nand i get is the one in nand1.
i have already tried changing the nand path from no files to usb\nands and i get a please see owners manual

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The nand folder structure should look like this:

usb:/nands/nand1
usb:/nands/nand2
usb:/nands/nand3
etc...

Delete nandcfg.bin before you launch neek2o again

lepicane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When you hover over the neek2o_NK2O.wad channel in the emulated nand it says Mymenuify? Is it just me? Not tried it in the real nand.

cippazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. first of all thanks for making NEEK2O !!

My emu nand is a ModMii 4.3E NAND built from scratch, and it's on usb:/nands/nand1 , I start NEEK2O using priiloader autoboot feature.
NEEK2O+Joyflow work just fine for loading games stored on USB:/games , but I have trouble with Wiiware, so I have some questions, please, can someone help me ? :
1) I added a lot of Wiiware to the NAND (about 200 titles) using showmiiwads, but then NEEK2O/UNEEK stops with a black screen at loading time. If I add only a few Wiiware, then it loads. What can it be ? If it could be a single WAD causing the hang, is there a program to check WADs validity ?
2) To load Wiiware I would like to use something like Triiforce, Mighty Channels or the recently released postLoader to have access to all of my wiiware on USB, from inside NEEK2O. Is this possible ? I tried with Triiforce and Mighty Channels but they hang my Wii with a black screen and I have to do a turn off/turn on.
postloader loads but it doesn't "see" my USB drive, nor my emu nands, because my nands are on USB and it looks only on my SD.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bye,
Cip

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1) I added a lot of Wiiware to the NAND (about 200 titles) using showmiiwads, but then NEEK2O/UNEEK stops with a black screen at loading time. If I add only a few Wiiware, then it loads. What can it be ? If it could be a single WAD causing the hang, is there a program to check WADs validity ?
Nope, to make sure its valid, install them in your NEEK2O nand with MMM or another WAD installer.

2) To load Wiiware I would like to use something like Triiforce, Mighty Channels or the recently released postLoader to have access to all of my wiiware on USB, from inside NEEK2O. Is this possible ? I tried with Triiforce and Mighty Channels but they hang my Wii with a black screen and I have to do a turn off/turn on.
postloader loads but it doesn't "see" my USB drive, nor my emu nands, because my nands are on USB and it looks only on my SD.

That is up to the devs of those programs, unless the devs from NEEK2O take it up..btw, i do know it is on the todo list of Postloaders dev to have USB access.

stfour

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

I hope that postloader will see usb before the end of the week, but this support will be only for homebrews. Waninkoko nand emulation doens't work under neek (btw, I never tried it, maybe it can works), so postloader under neek will see only channels on emulated nand used by neek(2o). This is seen using "real nand" that under neek means the emulated one.

You should install your wiiware in your neek emulated nand.

cippazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, to make sure its valid, install them in your NEEK2O nand with MMM or another WAD installer.
OK, I will try. But can you confirm that, for my case, the only reason NEEK2O hangs while loading is due to a bad WAD and not because of the high number of installed WAD in the nand ?

That is up to the devs of those programs, unless the devs from NEEK2O take it up..btw, i do know it is on the todo list of Postloaders dev to have USB access.
Thanks for replying. PostLoader has USB access for sure when it runs from real nand, I just wanted to know if it's normal that it has not USB access when it runs from UNEEK/NEEK2O.

bye !

I hope that postloader will see usb before the end of the week, but this support will be only for homebrews. Waninkoko nand emulation doens't work under neek (btw, I never tried it, maybe it can works), so postloader under neek will see only channels on emulated nand used by neek(2o). This is seen using "real nand" that under neek means the emulated one.

You should install your wiiware in your neek emulated nand.
Thanks for replying, stfour :) . I have some questions about postloader, but I'll post them in the specific thread. thanks to everybody for support !

Bye

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK, I will try. But can you confirm that, for my case, the only reason NEEK2O hangs while loading is due to a bad WAD and not because of the high number of installed WAD in the nand ?
loading wiiware/vc and checking now...will let you know later

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loading wiiware/vc and checking now...will let you know later
Im having problems with a 7.8GB nand; the same one I tested many times with Snort48+ under uneek+di so I know it used to work but after a few transfer back and forth from pc to hdd it no longer works. The main issue here is apps like Mighty Channels or PL3 see it just fine but neek no longer recognizes it :(

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming something didn't transfer correctly between PC and HDD however I'm not aware of the similarities between Mighty Channels or PL3 vs NEEK and how they operate; so this logic could be FAIL. All I'm really concerned about is some of my VC saves that I can't transfer over and I know which folder has all the saves but I do not want to overwrite the more current Wii Saves but I could just back them up and then use Savegame Manager to restore all the newer ones but still LoL

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
uneek, and uneek2o build a channelcache.bin file with all channels installed on your emulated nand.
That file is used to show the channels on the neek overlay menu channel selection.
The old uneek had that file in the sneek folder. The new neek2o creates a sneekcache folder on the location of the nand folders,
so that every nand can have it's own channelcache.bin file. If this wouldn't be the case, the file would need to be rebuild every time when a switch is done from one nand to another.
If you install channels on you nand with showmiiwads, than the file isn't updated. So, it's probably better to delete it before you use the nand again.
Mighty Channels, Triiforce and Postloader don't use that file. They either scan a subfolder of the nand title folder or they look in the uid.sys file for channel entries. The system menu also uses that file.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uneek, and uneek2o build a channelcache.bin file with all channels installed on your emulated nand.
That file is used to show the channels on the neek overlay menu channel selection.
The old uneek had that file in the sneek folder. The new neek2o creates a sneekcache folder on the location of the nand folders,
so that every nand can have it's own channelcache.bin file. If this wouldn't be the case, the file would need to be rebuild every time when a switch is done from one nand to another.
If you install channels on you nand with showmiiwads, than the file isn't updated. So, it's probably better to delete it before you use the nand again.
Mighty Channels, Triiforce and Postloader don't use that file. They either scan a subfolder of the nand title folder or they look in the uid.sys file for channel entries. The system menu also uses that file.
As it stands i have my 7.8GB nand in usb root which neek2o does not even recognize which is great cause I can do VC WW from real nand and and then just boot into neek2o :)

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I just can't get this to work at all (I only ever got sneek to work once in the past). Built uneek+di, and 4.2 nand with ModMii, and copied all from copy_to_sd to sd, copied all from copy_to_usb to usb, but all I get is flashing drive light and nothing ever happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land