Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Do you have bootmii IOS?

Yes, I have bootmii IOS...

Question:
I was trying to reformat my 2gb SD card, and when I followed this: http://sites.google....iring-sd-or-usb

I noticed that my old format is FAT(16), cluster:32kb (This work with my old SNEEK+DI). But the guide told to do FAT32, cluster 32kb then when I checked EASEUS Partition Master Home Edition FAT32 the only max cluster available is 16kb? Any advice on this, maybe one of the reason why I am encouring problems? Thanks!

Hello Guys,

I tried to reformat my SD card and it is now FAT32, cluster: 16Kb (32Kb is giving error. Before I used to have FAT16, cluster:32Kb but working with my old SNEEK+DI)... To summarize, I put all my files in this order:

SD:/bootmii (Original)
SD:/bootmii/armboot
SD:/bootmii/ppcboot.elf
SD:/bootmii/bootmii.ini
SD:/ bootmiineek
SD:/bootmiineek/armboot
SD:/sneek
SD:/sneek/kernel
SD:/sneek/font
SD:/sneek/di
SD:/nands
SD:/nands/nand1/manyotherfiles
SD:nands/oldnand/many other files (This is my old working SNEEK+DI nands files)

USB:/games/gameID/mayotherfiles (FST format. This is working with my old SNEEK+DI )
USB:/wbfs/gameID/gameID.wbfs
USB:/sneek/diconfig.bin (This is build on my old sneek+DI)

What I was trying to do is just update my old Sneek+DI from last year (I did not updated anything else since then). Now, I used Modmii to up date and chose the options S & 3 then followed the prompts... So I just copied the files COPY_TO_SD created by Modmii and merge all except for the nands (I do NOT have nand folder before and my old nand files were in my SD ROOT).

I tried many times between 5-8mins waiting time and the result is black screen of sadness, by the way I was launching it to Bootmii (IOS) and also tried the nswitch channel but failed too (After using it I was prompted back to the original wii menu).

Also, I tried putting the new created nand files (Eg. import, meta, shared1 etc...) to my SD root but got the same result. Basically before trying a new setup I am removing all my sd files and starting fresh since have the back up files.

additional info:
wii version: 3.2U
HBC version: 1.0.8
IOS61 v21.29

Please help me more to nail this issue. Thank you very much....

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ shag.
if that is all you have in your sneek folder on usb, your missing font.bin. it takes 2-5 min upon first launch, an some times you might have to start twice.
I put font.bin in my sneek file and still get black screen after waiting 5 min or more, tried 2nd launch and get flashing drive and black screen. I have a working emulated nand in my nand1 file from sneek. I also know my wii is accessing the usb drive because it will create nand folders on the root of the drive if no nand is on the drive. I am running out of Ideas, maybe try postloader to give neek2o a little longer to mount usb drive?

Thanks for the help
Shag

Let me correct what I struck, It creates nand folders everytime on the root of my usb drive. Even with my working sneek nand in nand1.
depending on usb drive. it should boot right up after it cycles through. if your's has a seprate power cord.( two wires). when you turn your wii on,push reset. to restart the wii (just not long enough to launch priiloader). i had to do this with my older WD.
as far as neek2o making a nand folder,that i'm not sure of. but i know it makes one inside the nand called sneekconfig? (looked at mt nands last night).
make sure both your hd an sd card are fat 32/32k.. or atleast your hd has a fat32 partition.(in front of all other partitions).

madhartigan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having the hardest time building my nand past about 250 channels. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to proceed when adding channels? I've been adding about 25 VC/WW wads at a time. It's hit or miss whether it'll boot the first time after adding the wads once I get up around 200 channels. I'm clearing the diconfig.bin and nandconfig.bin every time I add wads to the nand. I also make sure to empty the recycle bin after those deletions. (emptying the recycling bin has had have an effect on whether neek2o can boot the nand or not)

If anyone knows a way to "repair" a nand that has failed to launch properly in neek2o, I'd love to know that too. What I mean is . . . I'll have a working nand, add 25 wads to it to bring the total to, let's say, 275. When I boot that nand, let's assume it fails to boot. I then go to showmiiwads and remove the 25 wads added prior to the last boot and try to boot that "de"-modified nand (presumably it's been returned to its state prior to the injection of those 25 wads). It will not boot.

I have to

a) build the nand again from scratch
b) pray that I have incremental backups of each nand iteration.

There's got to be an easier way.

madhartigan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One workaround (that leaves you with no channels in the System Menu until you run them in postloader) is to change usb:/nands/nand1/sys/uid.sys to uid1.sys.

This allows the nand to boot into postloader.

It may only work with my setup, I don't know. Just wanted to at least post what worked for me (thank you GartimusPrime!! and OverjoY!!)

My setup: boot2 priiloader>nswitch boot.dol> emu-priiloader > neekbooter.dol > postloader3

Hope that may help someone else.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first test failed. But Overjoy gave me the dols for the new and old channel...and with the dol of the old channel, things load up faster. :)

Let's see: my boot sequence is now:

boot->priiloader-> neek2o (through dol of old nboot channel) ->neek2o's priiloader->neek2o's postloader

Works fine (as it turns out). I guess this is because of it being a bootmii as boot2. Because of that, it loads up neek2o faster. The downside (in this case) is that it doesn't give the hard drive enough time to initialise.
By using priiloader, it already slightly slower (heh...I'm actually USING the internal nand for stuff). As it turns out, it doesn't need extra delay in the form of throwing postloader in the mix.

(note that the above is theorycrafting. I'm far too ignorant to truely give proper insight based on actual knowledge :) ).

Wever - is the old nboot.dol available anywhere? I'd like to make my boot sequence simpler too as you have done it.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having the hardest time building my nand past about 250 channels. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to proceed when adding channels? I've been adding about 25 VC/WW wads at a time. It's hit or miss whether it'll boot the first time after adding the wads once I get up around 200 channels. I'm clearing the diconfig.bin and nandconfig.bin every time I add wads to the nand. I also make sure to empty the recycle bin after those deletions. (emptying the recycling bin has had have an effect on whether neek2o can boot the nand or not)

If anyone knows a way to "repair" a nand that has failed to launch properly in neek2o, I'd love to know that too. What I mean is . . . I'll have a working nand, add 25 wads to it to bring the total to, let's say, 275. When I boot that nand, let's assume it fails to boot. I then go to showmiiwads and remove the 25 wads added prior to the last boot and try to boot that "de"-modified nand (presumably it's been returned to its state prior to the injection of those 25 wads). It will not boot.

I have to

what i have done is broke it down in to mutiple nands kinda looks like this.
example:usb:\nands\nand1 is say 10-15 wads. this keeps it running smooth.i would assume that anything past the limit of the system menu (what you can see when scrolling through the pages) and you would get errors,thats how it was for me and the orignal uneek.i have not added any others since.after i switched to neek2o i havent had any problems with anything loading (unless it was a bad dump or wad).

madhartigan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While that would definitely work, I'm not interested in being bothered with switching nands all the time. With one large nand, I can use the filters in postLoader3 or JoyfloW to sort through my games and I get to have all my games in one spot.

If you look at my reply directly below the post you quoted, here you'll see that I found a workaround involving renaming the uid.sys

I can confirm that this definitely works.

(on a system that uses the real nand's priiloader to start neek2o(boot.dol) and postLoader3 as the emu-nand's priiloader autoboot installed file)

1) Take your ModMii virgin nand, boot it to the System Menu through neek2o once (so all the proper configuration files can be written (wiimote syncs, etc)) by holding down the reset button when your emu-nand starts booting. (usually when you see HDD activity light start blinking) and accessing the emu-nand's priiloader. This allows you to manually select "System Menu" instead of auto-booting into postLoader3.

2) Shut down Wii and connect USB drive to PC.

2) In Windows Explorer, delete nandconfig.bin and diconfig.bin from the usb:/SNEEK folder. Be sure to empty your Recycling Bin after deleting anything on the USB drive.

3) While in Windows Explorer, also go to usb:/nands/nand1/sys and rename uid.sys to uid1.sys. (THIS is what lets you boot the large nand through postLoader3)

4) Using Showmiiwads (or any other Windows WAD manager) to open that nand and load every possible (non-corrupted) wad you'd like to that nand. (I'm currently at 655 channels, Gartimus is at like 745 or something)

Now, when your system boots, let it boot to postLoader3. When you update your title cache from the usb:/nands/nand1 screen, EVERY channel should be found.

Through time, as you load these channels while in the postLoader3 environment, you'll find that if you go back to the System Menu environment, the channels are being added to the System Menu too. Personally, I have no need for the System Menu environment, so what channels appear in the System Menu are irrelevant for me.

Hopefully this helps someone who may be battling with the creating of a monster nand.

Again, thank you GartimusPrime and OverjoY for providing a solution to get out of the vicious circle of nand building. Lol!! Thanks to obcd and stfour for providing my environment and thank you xFlak for providing the software to hold my hand all the way through the process. Phenomenal work all around.

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
autobooting the old dol of nswitch from priiloader seems really to work without postloader in the mix. weird.
but im pretty often stuck in the health screen after autopressing A through priiloader though with this method.
and im getting a weird green screen for like 1 second and then it goes into the health screen.

madhartigan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
autobooting the old dol of nswitch from priiloader seems really to work without postloader in the mix. weird.
but im pretty often stuck in the health screen after autopressing A through priiloader though with this method.

So you're having the real-nand priiloader run the old nswitch boot.dol and that start's neek2o's priiloader which you just let run with the default settings of priiloader ("autoboot" and "return to" in emu-nand's priiloader are set to System Menu)???

and this works without turning on your hard-drive first?

What sort of hard-drive are you using (if you've already mentioned it, I apologize)?

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have to

example:usb:\nands\nand1 is say 10-15 wads. this keeps it running smooth.i would assume that anything past the limit of the system menu (what you can see when scrolling through the pages) and you would get errors,thats how it was for me and the orignal uneek.i have not added any others since.after i switched to neek2o i havent had any problems with anything loading (unless it was a bad dump or wad).

@Madhartigan - I did the same thing that Goku1980 has described and it is definitely the best way to run all your wiiware/vc. I have about 80 vc/wiiware titles, split in alphabetical order between several nands. In my case I added games up to the limit of the system menu, and the load times were acceptable for me and, more importantly, all the games worked perfectly. This method will also work if you use mighty channels, which I occasionally do sometimes. For mighty channels, you can use arguments to switch between nands.

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

So you're having the real-nand priiloader run the old nswitch boot.dol and that start's neek2o's priiloader which you just let run with the default settings of priiloader ("autoboot" and "return to" in emu-nand's priiloader are set to System Menu)???

and this works without turning on your hard-drive first?

What sort of hard-drive are you using (if you've already mentioned it, I apologize)?

to start with my drive, 2.5 CnMemory usb 3.0 500gb and it is usb powered.
my drive usually needs more time until it can be accessed by sneek, so with autobooting it through bootmii (boot2) doesnt work, that's why i usually put postloader (real nand) into the mix.

my newest setup is now: boot->priiloader->old nswitch boot.dol->neek2o->neek2o priiloader-> system menu.
i havent put the autoboot of the emu nand priiloader into something, but i dont know why it shouldnt work.
thanks to wever for this optimization.

edit: i really think the issue with the slower usb drives should be fixed on sneek's side. postloader can initialize the drives better and faster, and somehow it works with the old boot.dol better, too.

madhartigan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have to

@Madhartigan - I did the same thing that Goku1980 has described and it is definitely the best way to run all your wiiware/vc. I have about 80 vc/wiiware titles, split in alphabetical order between several nands. In my case I added games up to the limit of the system menu, and the load times were acceptable for me and, more importantly, all the games worked perfectly. This method will also work if you use mighty channels, which I occasionally do sometimes. For mighty channels, you can use arguments to switch between nands.

Well, if both work to load all vc/ww, then at this point "best way" is simply a matter of preference. I like having all my games in one big collection and filtering that collection. You don't mind multiple nands and use that method of organization.

Other than organizational preference, is there a performance reason that what you're describing would be considered "best way" over what I'm suggesting?

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been using s/uneek for a little while and am not expert but like my setup.
I plan to try neek2o as soon as I can but have a few questions at the minute (few specifically for devs).

About nswitch1.0. I think its really good, very useful.
I've been reading through the topic here, it was mentioned that future nswitch may allow the user to select boot type by holding down certain button when its run etc?

Could nswitch still automatically boot "mSD if it finds kernel.bin 1st/USB if no kernel.bin found on mSD" or the other way around like how it works now (In future switching version if no button is held on startup)?

Would it be possible for nswitch to work even if no USB drive is plugged into wii and files are only on mSD?
(I'm not sure if its a bug or design but nswitch1.0 works only when I have my USB drive plugged in. When no files are on USB and sneek/kernel.bin on mSD, it won't boot unless there is a USB drive connected..once I connect a drive it finds the files on the mSD and boots. It would be excellent if it could also run files on mSD when there is nothing connected to the wii usb ports).

Anway I thought it was best to ask incase some of this is possible cause I'm finding what nswitch does really useful and have not even used other neek2o stuff yet! Amazin basically, thanks and keep up the great work.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I started working on a new version of nswitch, but had to take a break from it because I had more importend things todo.. I will look at the "USB" issue when I continue with nswitch

ModMii files updated to rev64 (Enter overlay menu and press + two times for menu and region free hacks) More to come soon!

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have bootmii IOS?

Yes, I have bootmii IOS...

Question:
I was trying to reformat my 2gb SD card, and when I followed this: http://sites.google....iring-sd-or-usb

I noticed that my old format is FAT(16), cluster:32kb (This work with my old SNEEK+DI). But the guide told to do FAT32, cluster 32kb then when I checked EASEUS Partition Master Home Edition FAT32 the only max cluster available is 16kb? Any advice on this, maybe one of the reason why I am encouring problems? Thanks!

Hello Guys,

I tried to reformat my SD card and it is now FAT32, cluster: 16Kb (32Kb is giving error. Before I used to have FAT16, cluster:32Kb but working with my old SNEEK+DI)... To summarize, I put all my files in this order:

SD:/bootmii (Original)
SD:/bootmii/armboot
SD:/bootmii/ppcboot.elf
SD:/bootmii/bootmii.ini
SD:/ bootmiineek
SD:/bootmiineek/armboot
SD:/sneek
SD:/sneek/kernel
SD:/sneek/font
SD:/sneek/di
SD:/nands
SD:/nands/nand1/manyotherfiles
SD:nands/oldnand/many other files (This is my old working SNEEK+DI nands files)

USB:/games/gameID/mayotherfiles (FST format. This is working with my old SNEEK+DI )
USB:/wbfs/gameID/gameID.wbfs
USB:/sneek/diconfig.bin (This is build on my old sneek+DI)

What I was trying to do is just update my old Sneek+DI from last year (I did not updated anything else since then). Now, I used Modmii to up date and chose the options S & 3 then followed the prompts... So I just copied the files COPY_TO_SD created by Modmii and merge all except for the nands (I do NOT have nand folder before and my old nand files were in my SD ROOT).

I tried many times between 5-8mins waiting time and the result is black screen of sadness, by the way I was launching it to Bootmii (IOS) and also tried the nswitch channel but failed too (After using it I was prompted back to the original wii menu).

Also, I tried putting the new created nand files (Eg. import, meta, shared1 etc...) to my SD root but got the same result. Basically before trying a new setup I am removing all my sd files and starting fresh since have the back up files.

additional info:
wii version: 3.2U
HBC version: 1.0.8
IOS61 v21.29

Please help me more to nail this issue. Thank you very much....

sorry i posted that from my phone and had to go in a hurry last night! i did not fill in my reply.

idk if that was solved, but it seems like you are using SNEEK+DI to use USB loading. You've got to use UNEEK to get USB loading. Just my observation.

Reactions: 1 person

arjaylight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a quick questions:
will neek2o work even without discex (fst) games present at USB:\games?
will neek2o show region of games in overlay menu?

Thanks and more power. Emulated NAND at its finest.

crazycaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a quick questions:
will neek2o work even without discex (fst) games present at USB:\games?
will neek2o show region of games in overlay menu?

Thanks and more power. Emulated NAND at its finest.

Yes to both. I use neek2o with only wbfs games (in usb:/wbfs) and the PAL games show as EUR and NTSC-U games show as US in the overlay menu

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@xfcrowman, @goku1980, if you have less than 250 channels only 1 nand is ok, you don't have to switch nands or use the rename uid.sys trick, i and a few others (for example madhartigan) have tested this.

Also i can confirm the special fowarder channels Overjoy made for problem hdd's work for me too.
My setup is: real nand -> priiloader -> neek2o (dol forwarder) -> emunand -> Priiloader -> Joyflow.
I don't experience any problems btw. i am using the forwarder for the old channel, i do occasionally have a green bar, but my emunand starts every time.

EDIT: maybe you would like to know, this way, if i exit a game i return to wiiflow again..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye