• Likes 5

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@GrahamWatts

Is your usb stick compatible with the wii?
If you add an apps folder with an application subfolder to it, can hbc launch the homebrew from there?
If you add a wbfs folder to it, can usb loaders use it and launch a game from it?

Your setup looked fine. Very likely, your usb stick is incompatible.
The sneek folder on your sd card is not needed if you launch with nswitch.
A game in either the games and or wbfs folder is also not needed with the latest neek2o revisions.

@Kylster

To my knowledge, cheats are possible if you launch your game using joyflow. Stfour has it on his todo list for postloader as well.
There used to be a way embedded in neek directly, but I have no experience if it works.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there anyway to apply ocarina cheats in neek2o? There are some things worth cheating on like alternative controller schemes :)

For now you'll have to use JoYflow for wbfs files and you can use the embedded feature for fst extracted games. I will add embedded support for wbfs files in the near future.

kraqh3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that's referring to the menu that comes up when you hold the "1" button. (And that menu relies on font.bin.)

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Classic neek had some improvements for cheats between rev. 168 and 169. Conanac posted them and also made a post here about it. Our neek2o is based upon that version, so the same method should work. I haven't experimented with it yet, so I can't give more help. If you press + on the overlay menu, you can choose which debug hook to use. The cheat file needs to be in a specific folder if I remember well.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
For game covers in the neek2o overlay menu, you will need to create a covers folder under the sneek folder.
The covers can be raw or bmp format and have the game id as name. (with bmp or raw extension)
I am unsure about the supported dimensions and color depth, but I am sure this information got posted already.

brownbailey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok.. I'm to the point where I've tried this so many different ways that I decided to reformat, start from scratch, and it's still not working.

I have a Wii running 4.3U
my bootmii is an IOS as it cannot be loaded as boot2
I'm using a 1GB (Fat32) SD card and a 500GB (Fat32) usb drive.

I have neek2o installed on my system menu, when I go to load it, it gives me "Exception (DSI) occurred!"
When I boot to priiloader>load postloader>neek2o, I get "Exception (DSI) occurred!"
The best I've been able to do is get it to flash what looks like a file folder (once and extremely quickly) just before going to a black screen, 4 minutes after which my console slot starts blinking and I have to do a force restart.

from what I can tell, all my file structures are in order.

I re-virginized my wii and started with freshly formatted SD and USB. I used ModMii 4.8.2 to create all the files, copied all the contents of the "COPY_TO_SD" and "COPY_TO_USB" correctly and followed all the steps. I have 1 game on the usb drive as Sneek format and also as wbfs.

Is this because my bootmii is an IOS? or does my system menu have to be on a particular IOS? or.. have I just been working on my Wii far too long and it's all due to human error?

(note: Prior to trying to get this Uneek+DI to work, I was running everything off a dual partitioned 1TB (wbfs and fat32), using WiiFlow 2.2)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is there any particular reason why I can't use WFC when I launch games from Postloader while under neek2o? When I run the game from the emulated System Menu's disk channel, I can get on WFC just fine. I'd like to be able to use Postloader to launch my games, instead of joyflow(just code dumps) and the disk channel. When launched from Postloader, I get error 50330 "Unable to connect to the internet. Confirm the internet settings of the Wii console."

Games with issues:
Monster Hunter Tri NTSC-US
Mario Kart Wii NTSC-US

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i've got the problem that i can't access internet content, or nintendo internet content.
for example i can connect to the internet, and i can connect into the wii shop channel. but i can't download anything from there, nor can i build an internet connection in a wii game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: IS ANYONE ON TWITCH.COM TWITCH.COM/THESUSHIDRAGON