Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

lokinmodar

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE(fudgenuts64 @ Sep 27 2010, 12:28 AM)
Is there anyway to get PSO to work?

You mean Phantasy Star Online?

I say it looks bad right now, here's the important part of the log i got for the game:

CODE
[...]

DiscID: GPOE8P, Name: PHANTASY STAR ONLINE EPISODE I&II
[...]
Launching game...
Entrypoint: 0x8000c0408
Stream write1:
Dolphin OS $Revision: 54 $.
Stream write1: Kernel built : %s %s
Stream write1: Console Type : Stream write1: Retail %d
Stream write1: Memory %d MB
Stream write1: Arena : 0x%x - 0x%x
Stream write1: app booted from bootrom
Stream write1:
AppSwitcher executed

dvd_read1 buf: 0x807cb0e0 off: 0x41fa5570 size: 0x00019580 file: switcher.prs
dvd_patchread reloader_status=0
Stream write1: SubApp filename : %s

The only thing the game reads is that "switcher.prs", and i fear that is some kind of executable which loads the real executable. Anyways, all dvd patch patterns fail for this file, so either that's some encrypted executable or i'm really completely clueless about what's going on.

And no i don't have the game, so i can't say if the retail disc works or not. Which might be helpful information here.

PS: emu_kidid claimed it's working in his personal SD-Boot beta. If SD-Boot is ever released, and if it's open source, then maybe i could fix it.

I have the retail NTSC-U PSO (not the PLUS version) and it works OK. The backups don't... :/

Whacka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try the vidtv patch, i heard it fixes that problem.
I should've mentioned it was a Gamecube game, there's no option for setting the language, even though it appears to set a language when you load a game.
Apparantly it accesses the "T1-SRAM" or something to that effect to determine it's language settings?

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The GC (and Wii but just for GC mode) has some SRAM where it stores all the settings (Prog Mode,PAL60,ScreenOff,Language,Soundmode,..) and games can freely access those.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The GC (and Wii but just for GC mode) has some SRAM where it stores all the settings (Prog Mode,PAL60,ScreenOff,Language,Soundmode,..) and games can freely access those.
I don't think Progressive mode is stored there, but rather it detects if component cables are plugged in.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are two checks, first is the setting from SRAM and the 2nd is a bit in a HW register that gets set when a component cable is connected.
0xCC00206e 2 R/W VISEL - VI DTV Status Register

Whacka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This app; http://wiibrew.org/w...nguage_Modifier
Can change the language setting in the SRAM to any of the European languages but can't set it to Japanese.
The website detailing the SRAM it refers to; http://hitmen.c02.at...10.html#sec10.5
Doesn't actually list the values needed for Japanese.
Theoretically if I changed my Wii's region to Japanese it would modify the SRAM, but I don't want to risk bricking it.
Maybe someone can figure out how to dump the SRAM of a Japanese Wii to modify it?

EDIT:
Wiipower actually lists this under his TODO list.
- Write to SRAM, this could be the solution for some video mode issues, and allow to force languages
- Find a way to fake/force the language setting(SRAM?)
Maybe the Open SRAM Language Modifier could be integrated into NeoGamma and expanded upon? Is there a way of letting him know?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
This app; http://wiibrew.org/w...nguage_Modifier
Can change the language setting in the SRAM to any of the European languages but can't set it to Japanese.
The website detailing the SRAM it refers to; http://hitmen.c02.at...10.html#sec10.5
Doesn't actually list the values needed for Japanese.
Theoretically if I changed my Wii's region to Japanese it would modify the SRAM, but I don't want to risk bricking it.
Maybe someone can figure out how to dump the SRAM of a Japanese Wii to modify it?

EDIT:
Wiipower actually lists this under his TODO list.
- Write to SRAM, this could be the solution for some video mode issues, and allow to force languages
- Find a way to fake/force the language setting(SRAM?)
Maybe the Open SRAM Language Modifier could be integrated into NeoGamma and expanded upon? Is there a way of letting him know?
I already brought this up here: http://gbatemp.net/topic/219243-neogamma-r9-beta/page__view__findpost__p__4050946

kk360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If anybody could give me a hand, I've been trying to run Pokemon Colosseum on a multi iso disc, I got it running at some point the problem is I don't remember what I did to get it to work. When I run it it tells me to enable patched mios and the backup high plugin. I get a green screen and then the wii reboots. If anybody could tell me what I'm doing wrong I'd highly appreciate it, thanks in advance.

zerowalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Okay, just registered to be able to ask more direct, maybe not to the creator as he can´t test it if i understood right.
Is it possible to get 480p on PAL through Neogamma?
Cause i can´t seem to get it, "Wind Waker" - "Sonic 2 Battle" - "Harvest Moon".
I can understand 50hz games only though.

And another thing, is it possible to Force NTSC mode, and to remove the PAL black borders?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If anybody could give me a hand, I've been trying to run Pokemon Colosseum on a multi iso disc, I got it running at some point the problem is I don't remember what I did to get it to work. When I run it it tells me to enable patched mios and the backup high plugin. I get a green screen and then the wii reboots. If anybody could tell me what I'm doing wrong I'd highly appreciate it, thanks in advance.

Go to the gamecube settings, select patched MIOS and the high plugin. Only using one of both won't help you if the game really needs a patch from MIOS.

Okay, just registered to be able to ask more direct, maybe not to the creator as he can´t test it if i understood right.
Is it possible to get 480p on PAL through Neogamma?
Cause i can´t seem to get it, "Wind Waker" - "Sonic 2 Battle" - "Harvest Moon".
I can understand 50hz games only though.

And another thing, is it possible to Force NTSC mode, and to remove the PAL black borders?

480p won't work for now. But loading NTSC games in NTSC video mode should work. It does not work for you? And where do you get PAL black bars?

zerowalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Only got PAL games, as well, i live in a PAL country;D

And well, pretty much every PAL games before this Generation got Black Bars. As PAL = 576, NTSC = 480, we got bigger resolution.
The bad thing tough is, if my theory is right.

PAL60 = 60hz and 576i

PAL60 Wii = 480p/i - Gamecube = Pal 60 480i ? (if so we lose resolution + the black bars, so even less picture).

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Only got PAL games, as well, i live in a PAL country;D

And well, pretty much every PAL games before this Generation got Black Bars. As PAL = 576, NTSC = 480, we got bigger resolution.
The bad thing tough is, if my theory is right.

PAL60 = 60hz and 576i

PAL60 Wii = 480p/i - Gamecube = Pal 60 480i ? (if so we lose resolution + the black bars, so even less picture).

Theory? 50 Hz is 576i, 60Hz is 480i, that's how it is everywhere. But if your tv correctly supports PAL60, it's full screen.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
You might consider updating your autoboot 3 code. Here is what I did to it:
http://gbatemp.net/topic/220305-neogamma-r9-channels/page__view__findpost__p__4076608

Just a suggestion, but maybe you could have an autoboot_enabled flag so people only have to change it from false to true.

tmv_josue

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__4076608

Just a suggestion, but maybe you could have an autoboot_enabled flag so people only have to change it from false to true.
The idea of the flag is very interesting, It's best to let the people choose to activate it or not using a simple option.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__4076608

The idea of the flag is very interesting, It's best to let the people choose to activate it or not using a simple option.
Lol, I actually meant create a variable in main.c so all the autoboot code could be placed in:
Code:
if (autoboot_enabled){
}
That way when people built autoboot versions they would just change
Code:
bool autoboot_enabled = false;
to
Code:
bool autoboot_enabled = true;

Storing autoboot as a setting would be more difficult (I don't know how much more, you'd have to ask WiiPower), which is why I didn't suggest it.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not that much more. You could even just have it look for a text file on the root of the SD card or somewhere called "autoboot.txt", if it's there, autoboot. If not, don't.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Not that much more. You could even just have it look for a text file on the root of the SD card or somewhere called "autoboot.txt", if it's there, autoboot. If not, don't.
Well it's not my project (lol, I'd fall to pieces trying to make an app this big) so none of this is up to me.

Btw, you would want to have the same condition for "tell_cIOS_to_return_to_channel()" so it doesn't just keep autobooting.

LabSkier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really sorry if this was addressed in this thread but 107 pages is a lot to read through and I've looked a ton of other places for help.

I am trying to load a multi-ISO gamecube disc (with Fire Emblem, Mario Party 7, and Sonic Adventure 2) when i put the disc in Neogamma reads that those games are there and I have tested to see that they at least work using Dolphin on my PC, but when I try to start any of the games up on NeoGamma my screen goes green for a second and then my Wii restarts. At the bottom of my screen is says I am using NeoGamma R9 beta 44, cIOS56rev20 slot 249. What should I do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3