Hacking NeoGamma Thread

simoran2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got hold of a second hand Wii. It has neogamma installed (not sure what version). Some of the back up games work fine - the others will run but in black and white? Is this a problem with the backup? How do i check what version of neogamma i am running and how do i update it?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
simoran2 said:
So I just got hold of a second hand Wii. It has neogamma installed (not sure what version). Some of the back up games work fine - the others will run but in black and white? Is this a problem with the backup? How do i check what version of neogamma i am running and how do i update it?

Black & white playback is a problem caused by tvs on import games. A PAL game wants to run in PAL video mode, if you tv doesn't support that, it's black & white. Some games can be forced to use NTSC instead, see region options, but some others freeze with a green screen if you try that. On some of these again, video mode patches + force NTSC helps.

simoran2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
simoran2 said:

Black & white playback is a problem caused by tvs on import games. A PAL game wants to run in PAL video mode, if you tv doesn't support that, it's black & white. Some games can be forced to use NTSC instead, see region options, but some others freeze with a green screen if you try that. On some of these again, video mode patches + force NTSC helps.

ahh makes sense!

On another note -I have just bought wii sports resort with the wii plus. when i insert the game it tells me i need to update my wii software and that if i have any dodgy software, it could stop my wii from working. Do i need to worry about this or can i do the software update from the disk??

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WiiPower, excuse me, I have two questions:

- I read that there's a modified NeoGamma R8 RC3 version to fit with the new cIOSes 18-19: is it true? If yes, do you suggest updating? Because I tried NSMB with rev19 on NeoGamma R8 RC3 and it worked like a charm;

- Second question: I noticed that if I run NeoGamma with my FAT-formatted HD turned on, it will be unmounted and turned off as it receives the command to be turned off (eg. on a PC): why? Because it's FAT?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
wiixale said:
- Second question: I noticed that if I run NeoGamma with my FAT-formatted HD turned on, it will be unmounted and turned off as it receives the command to be turned off (eg. on a PC): why? Because it's FAT?
well neogamma only supports wbfs partitions anyways... so if its turning off your FAT32 partitioned hard drive, that's a good thing, I know I wouldn't want it turned on if i'm not using it!

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
xflak40 said:
well neogamma only supports wbfs partitions anyways... so if its turning off your FAT32 partitioned hard drive, that's a good thing, I know I wouldn't want it turned on if i'm not using it!

Yeah, I agree with you. In fact I use NeoGamma to unmount correctly my HD before unplugging it.
biggrin.gif

But I noticed this only with NG.

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
simoran2 said:
ahh makes sense!

On another note -I have just bought wii sports resort with the wii plus. when i insert the game it tells me i need to update my wii software and that if i have any dodgy software, it could stop my wii from working. Do i need to worry about this or can i do the software update from the disk??

You're using neogamma, just use the alt-dol method to boot it to play the wii motion plus video, then boot it with neogamma and bypass the update. It's not needed.

slicknessessity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone may have already said this, but I want to confirm that it's true.

Now that the r8 release can load usb iso's, does that apply to the ocarina hacks? I tried it before, but had no result. I maybe doing something wrong, but then again, maybe not.

Frip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh Neogamma isn't mounting my USB (WBFS formatted)
...I have IOS36 (Rev 3094) ... is that bad? o.o"

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Assassination said:
Whats wrong with the rebooter?
i have rev 14

What's the problem? Did you enable the "Force cIOS" option? And i noticed that ejecting the disc and inserting it when in the wii menu helps a little. Well that obviously doesn't work if you want Ocarina from disc channel.

QUOTE(Frip @ Mar 24 2010, 02:09 AM) Uh Neogamma isn't mounting my USB (WBFS formatted)
...I have IOS36 (Rev 3094) ... is that bad? o.o"

That IOS isn't bad, bad is that you don't have a cIOS, but want to use an app that requires one. (well if you don't have a modchip and want backups or want usb loading, it requires one)

ASTEROTH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK... I have a wii that neogamma says I have a dump failure. over and over again
Fricken guys..... I figured out my problem by removing my sd to computer. and seeing that a neogamma config file had been modified . My newest thing is gratitude fore the makers, dreamers, closet wii mulators and actually the pirate like mii... fricken wow... where am I... gots 50+ games... some I will never plaa, but gots some serious mind for wii. God.. all I needs is a degrii....lol
Fricken.... I mite write some poetry for wii: Screw you if you likes it not....

Here goes....

You enhance me, for my couch is now a zone
A tv, my wii and free games I abscone
alls I asks is a badder and better tone
culdya, wouldya make me a mame loader zone
FUXXIT..... ASTEROTH

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk