NES game "Super Dodge Ball" gets a SNES port by Rumbleminze

Super-Dodge-Ball-U_000.png

Many NES titles have always been one of the most hacked titles out of all other consoles out there, and in recent years, some of these titles have been seeing ports to other consoles.

Super Dodge Ball is a really fun and often overlooked title for the NES, which sees teams from different countries battling it out in a Dodge Ball tournament. It features really simple controls, but the gameplay is intuitive, fast paced, and the sprite animations and reactions are a delight to experience, more so if doing multiplayer.

Developer Rumbleminze has worked on bringing this great hidden gem from the console into the SNES, by porting the entirety of the code and inner working of it from 6502 assembly into 65816, which the SNES uses.

The port is now available on Romhacks.org, and Rumbleminze has also released the source code for the port over at his GitHub page.

:arrow: Romhacks.org Release Page
:arrow: Super Dodge Ball SNES source code on GitHub

shunoia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Great News, I'm a huge Fan of the Dodge Ball Series and especially of the Original NES Game so it's very fun to play the game on SNES again!

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The famicom version has the option for 4-player Bean Ball. They should have made this SNES version have that functionality using the multitap.

And do any of these NES to SNES ports have stereo sound?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply.

But for what purpose? To play with original hardware or to have improved graphics/sound etcetera?
And do any of these NES to SNES ports have stereo sound?

@infidelity on Twitter has been porting some NES games to the SNES, and he impliments MSU-1 music in doing so. (MSU-1 is indeed Stereo sound.) They come out fantastic. He's a machine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: i put in my birth year as 2000 instead of 2008 because i was sleep deprived as FUCK and had...