Netflix's The Witcher will recast Henry Cavill's role as Geralt

dasdad.png

For three seasons, Henry Cavill has been Geralt of Rivia. Moving forward, however, a new actor will be taking the role of Geralt. Netflix will be recasting the protagonist of The Witcher, with Liam Hemsworth taking over starting in season 4 of the series. This follows shortly after Cavill announced his return to the DC Extended Universe, reprising his role as Superman, which may be the cause of the change in lead for The Witcher.

My journey as Geralt of Rivia has been filled with both monsters and adventures, and alas, I will be laying down my medallion and my swords for Season 4. In my stead, the fantastic Mr. Liam Hemsworth will be taking up the mantle of the White Wolf. As with the greatest of literary characters, I pass the torch with reverence for the time spent embodying Geralt and enthusiasm to see Liam’s take on this most fascinating and nuanced of men. Liam, good sir, this character has such a wonderful depth to him, enjoy diving in and seeing what you can find.

:arrow: Source

dh3lix-pooch

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
brainhack.de
XP
Country
Germany
Wot? Wtf?! Nooooo! It was not the best series but a very decent nonethenless. Enjoyed it alot due to his appearance and acting. He was catching the core of the character so good because of his knowlege of the lore. Pretty disappointing move :ohnoes:

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
don't forget Henry Cavill came to the castings to get casted.
he wasn't chosen from the start!
he had love for the role, because of the games.
i believe he went away, because the writers are mocking the books and the games!

Last edited by mrgone,
Reactions: Henx

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
He wasn't criticism him as Superman
i read it as "someone is criticising him as superman", not him
Post automatically merged:

of course it is entirely possible that Henry's options were superman or geralt

which means netflix didn't budge about moving the schedule because warner surely doesn't

another possible scenario is:
warner begged and was willing to adjust to his witcher schedule
henry used that leverage against the witcher writers and lost

Last edited by mrgone,
Reactions: Marc_LFD

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
don't forget Henry Cavill came to the castings to get casted.
he wasn't chosen from the start!
he had love for the role, because of the games.
i believe he went away, because the writers are mocking the books and the games!
Nope. He basically went full stalker mode for the role. It is widely known that he was one of the most prominent reasons the show even happened.

He was probably unaware that the writers were brain dead and didn't like the source material.

Hebwas good in the role, but the writing was bad and pacing was al over the place.

The first season was a damned mind bending experience with paralel story lines without a warning, and it only made sense in the last episode. And just barely.

The show has problems, but the casting, present and future, ain't it.

Reactions: Blavla

Blavla

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Henri himself rewrote the death of Rouch because the writers made a joke from the Horses death.
They even said that they hate the game and the book :rofl2:

Anyway Netflix destroys every TV show with gays and lesbians, maybe they wanted Cavil to kiss some guys :wacko:

DillyDilly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Netflix let Henry walk instead of firing the writers that hate the source material ? Netflix is really good at destroying the few good things they have

• Haha
Reactions: Henx

Taikutsumaranai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
I am going to be honest here. The show felt very lacking despite Henry's acting. Its a low budget series through and through. It wasn't captivating or anything and couldn't be compared to something like GOT or LOR, it just pales drastically. I've only watched it because I am a fan of the games and nothing else. I'd appreciate it if they just stopped the series right at this point. But that's just my opinion.

Edit: I've read the comments and most seem to agree that it's a shit show lol.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It wasn't captivating or anything and couldn't be compared to something like GOT or LOR, it just pales drastically.
I have to say it entertains me much more than HoD, probably not as much as the earlier GoT seasons.
But GoT has a much larger cast, and much better shooting locations from over the world.
I already heard Witcher be called "polish Tolkien ripoff", which may be right, but still it's entertaining!

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Fujiko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i came to netflix for daredevil and witcher.
and daredevil is already gone.
it also was nice to have all of star trek on call, but i guess paramount will take that away also.

/edit
i just quit netflix
i wrote in the lowest option text box why i quit just "henry cavill"

/edit2
i assume he quit because of the writers, but can't talk about it, because of contractual obligations
on the other hand, maybe it was mutual because he had to lie something to get away for the black adam cameo

If you have Walmart+ you get Paramount for free. Far cry from when they were pushing for every network to have TNG in the 80s.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol