New: 1336 - Tetris Advance (J)

accolon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bah, nothing can beat the original GB Tetris on Goomba. 32KB (NOT 32Mb) pure fun.
biggrin.gif

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the guy was assassinated.

no for real. he was murdered.

i remember this video game death website where it listed all the people who created games who had died. the tetris guy died befoere it got famous. and a nintendo guy got in a car accident and some other wierd coincidences
Actually the guy is pretty much alive...

CODEAlexey Pajitnov invented TetrisGame in 1985.

He invented it during the reign of the SovietUnion, and thus was unable to collect royalties for the game until recently.

He has made a few other puzzle games since then.

Currently employed at MicrosoftResearch

Woxxy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
finally classic tetris is back without all that fancy mumbo jumbo tetris worlds was a bomb
yeah, it's been back ever since pogones was released
happy.gif

----
LOL, it just came to my mind that tetris was also released for xbox...
i myself think "if i was a company, i would only want to make games, that would actually make people consider getting an xbox, just for that game"...
apparently the companies don't agree, or live in the past.
tetris was a GREAT game, and the game boy sold MILLIONS of handhelds because of that, but seriously, that was 15 years ago.
what's the big idea, making tetris (a really simple game [CPU- and GFX-wise]) available for the xbox at a proud price like anything above 20$?
remaking a tetris game for the xbox? please, i'd rather shoot myself than buying that.
one thing that could've been interesting though, were if it was a compilation of several puzzle-games.
spending 3-4MB on a 4.7+GB disc and then pay 20+$ for it? get real!
laugh.gif

TonyCool

Trophies
Website
www.ndsspain.com
XP
Country
http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/v...eveloperId,929/

He is not dead:

MobyGames Auto-Generated Summary:

Alexey Pajitnov was credited on a game as early as 1986 and as recently as 2003. His/Her career probably spans more years than those displayed since these dates are based on the credits documented in MobyGames (which are incomplete). Alexey Pajitnov has been credited with the roles Design, Support and Production. Alexey Pajitnov has been credited on games developed by the following companies: Blue Planet Software, Sphere, Inc., Conspiracy Entertainment Corp., Kinesoft Software, 3d6 Games, Ninai Games, AcademySoft, Bizarre Creations and AnimaTek. This does not imply employment by these companies.

alexe.jpg

Games Credited

Project Gotham Racing 2 (2003), Microsoft
Rampage Puzzle Attack (2001), Midway Games
Tetris Worlds (2001), THQ Inc.
Microsoft Puzzle Collection Entertainment Pack (2000), Swing! Entertainment Media AG
The Next Tetris: Online Edition (2000), Crave Entertainment, Inc.
Pandora's Box (1999), Microsoft
Knight Moves (1996), Spectrum Holobyte, Inc.
Breakthru! (1994), Spectrum Holobyte, Inc.
El-Fish (1993), Maxis Software Inc.
Super Tetris (1991), Spectrum Holobyte, Inc.
Faces (1990), Spectrum Holobyte, Inc.
Welltris (1989), Spectrum Holobyte, Inc.
Tetris (original) (1986)

Reactions: zfreeman

Deanwick

GBAtemp terror that flaps in the night!
Trophies
Website
batman.jypoly.fi
XP
Country
Finland
Games Credited

Project Gotham Racing 2 (2003), Microsoft
Rampage Puzzle Attack (2001), Midway Games
Hey, this I didn`t know...much likely because Rampage Puzzle Attack was completely developed in Finland by Ninai Software...or does this mean that Pajitnov`s name just appears in the credits because of the copyrights? If so, I still don`t understand the connection between him and PGR2
blink.gif

Anyway, it`s about time this got released. If this would have been bundled with original GBA when it was released I would have bought the thing the first day out. Tetris RuLz!!!
laugh.gif

Garp

GBATemp's Wandering Gnome
Trophies
Website
www.garpland.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I played through 180 lines and I have to say the gameplay is pretty standard....although I couldn't begin to try to track all six pieces at one time. I suppose that's there for Tetris masters, which I'm not. It's not a bad game once you turn the sound off.

MattyXB

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Someone know, what all these Challenge mean? What you must do to win?

I have found out these yet:
1. 3x Tetris (3x 4 rows)
2. clear without stone on the field (One Stone)
3. 30 Secends in Level 99
4. 100 Lines
5. ??? don't know, but I have done it
6. ???
7. ???
8. 10 Lines without spin the stones
9. 3x Tetris in Level 99
10. clear without stone on the field (All Stones)

Someone know the others?

6 & 7 ??? no idea yet. And 5 too not really, but this I have done. And I think there came more levels, when you have done the first 10, because sometimes there is a text at the bottom.

tepples

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pineight.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Tetris Worlds blows. I own that and six other GBA Game Paks.

If you really want a decent tetramino game on GBA, and in only 1.25 megabits to boot, try Tetanus On Drugs (Milestone 3).

And no, though the company formed by Henk Rogers and Alexey Pajitnov owns the trademark on the name "Tetris", The Tetris Company doesn't own any patents on the game itself. A history of the legal issues surrounding Tetris might interest you.

Reactions: zfreeman

GouK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
finally classic tetris is back without all that fancy mumbo jumbo tetris worlds was a bomb
yeah, it's been back ever since pogones was released
happy.gif
i've never used pogo
dry.gif
also i meant an official GBA title

pet peeve about this game not sure if its just me and cant figure out the controls

but the original tetris u could "instant drop" the piece i forgot what the button was....but here u cant kinda bugs me having to press down and it scrolls down.
if im wrong and u can how do u do it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1