New 3DS 2015 won't turn on. No blue light, just orange light when plugged in

ponch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I disassembled my 3ds to replace the stick and broke the ribbon cables for shoulder buttons. I assembled everything back after finishing and checked if it would boot up. It did so i put it on the shelf and waited about a month for new ribbon cables i ordered. When they came i assembled everything and now it does not turn on at all. I already replaced the battery and charged it separately from the console. Also I made a scratch on the motherboard but it booted up normally after that so i don't think that's the problem. (It's to the right of mini jack)
3ds.jpg

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well replacing the shoulder button's ribbon cable shouldn't be that difficult to do. Is the ribbon cable a knock off? Can you confirm that the button works now?
You should charge the battery when it's plugged in the 3ds itself. Also the 3ds doesn't turn on (with just the charging cable) if the battery is not plugged in.

ponch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Well replacing the shoulder button's ribbon cable shouldn't be that difficult to do. Is the ribbon cable a knock off? Can you confirm that the button works now?
You should charge the battery when it's plugged in the 3ds itself. Also the 3ds doesn't turn on (with just the charging cable) if the battery is not plugged in.
They are knock off. I can't confirm that they are working because my console is not working, but i have three pairs and at least one of them should be in working order, i tried all of them. Also it should boot up even without them so it does not really matter.
I tried charging battery in the 3ds but i guess it's not charging because i charged it for 24 hours and still had yellow light. Also all of my attempts of booting up the console were made when battery was in the console.

:(

SylverReZ

Certified GBATemp Boomer
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They are knock off. I can't confirm that they are working because my console is not working, but i have three pairs and at least one of them should be in working order, i tried all of them. Also it should boot up even without them so it does not really matter.
I tried charging battery in the 3ds but i guess it's not charging because i charged it for 24 hours and still had yellow light. Also all of my attempts of booting up the console were made when battery was in the console.

:(
What do you mean by 'knock off'? Is it the console you're referring to because no bootleg 3DS consoles ever existed, apart from refurbished modded ones sold on Chinese marketplaces like AliExpress with new shells installed.

ponch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
What do you mean by 'knock off'? Is it the console you're referring to because no bootleg 3DS consoles ever existed, apart from refurbished modded ones sold on Chinese marketplaces like AliExpress with new shells installed.
I was referring to my new ribbon cables. I hope i understood the question of a person i was replying to correctly. I got them from aliexpress so i guess they are knock off.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Certified GBATemp Boomer
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was referring to my new ribbon cables. I hope i understood the question of a person i was replying to correctly. I got them from aliexpress so i guess they are knock off.
Have you checked for any broken traces or dents in the cable?
Post automatically merged:

I disassembled my 3ds to replace the stick and broke the ribbon cables for shoulder buttons. I assembled everything back after finishing and checked if it would boot up. It did so i put it on the shelf and waited about a month for new ribbon cables i ordered. When they came i assembled everything and now it does not turn on at all. I already replaced the battery and charged it separately from the console. Also I made a scratch on the motherboard but it booted up normally after that so i don't think that's the problem. (It's to the right of mini jack)View attachment 344129
Use an x-acto knife or small blade to cut away the solder mask next to the broken traces, then solder small copper wire to make a new trace where it was broken.

ponch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Have you checked for any broken traces or dents in the cable?
Post automatically merged:

Use an x-acto knife or small blade to cut away the solder mask next to the broken traces, then solder small copper wire to make a new trace where it was broken.
I checked all of the cables pretty thoroughly and they all look fine to me, i did not even touch many cables so i can't for the life of me figure out what is wrong.
Thank you for your advice about broken trace. I will try to do just that

• Love
Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1