Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

Ranmax09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you edit the headers in the template and already have the game in the sd card, would you have to delete and reupload the rom for the changes to take effect?

mepica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, I hope someone could help me with this. I have a backup of Animal Crossing New Leaf and I want to move it to another microSD, but I don't know how to backup my save. I've searching in google and tried every tutorial I've found with no success. My sky3ds is the one with blue button, FW 9.9 N3ds, I haven't changed the header and has been played always in sky3ds since FW 9.4. I've tried the "backup save" option in diskwritter and gives a 1kb file (but EEPROM saves are 1024kb). I made a backup of acnl rom from sky3ds and write again in the other microSD, didn't work. Even with CardTwo Save program, I injected .sav and had broken savedata again. I think it should be something I don't know or maybe a step I've been skipping, if someone could give me a hand I'd be very grateful.

Thanks for reading me!

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I hope someone could help me with this. I have a backup of Animal Crossing New Leaf and I want to move it to another microSD, but I don't know how to backup my save. I've searching in google and tried every tutorial I've found with no success. My sky3ds is the one with blue button, FW 9.9 N3ds, I haven't changed the header and has been played always in sky3ds since FW 9.4. I've tried the "backup save" option in diskwritter and gives a 1kb file (but EEPROM saves are 1024kb). I made a backup of acnl rom from sky3ds and write again in the other microSD, didn't work. Even with CardTwo Save program, I injected .sav and had broken savedata again. I think it should be something I don't know or maybe a step I've been skipping, if someone could give me a hand I'd be very grateful.

Thanks for reading me!

I think you must've trimmed the rom. You won't be able to back-up the save in diskwriter if the rom's been trimmed, and afaik there's no way of being able to back it up after rom trimming (despite the fact that the save is still intact somewhere on the card). Animal Crossing is card2 and creates it's save file in the rom - specifically the empty clusters that get trimmed.
You could try backing-up the rom and trying that on a different sd card to see if that carries the save file over.

mepica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think you must've trimmed the rom. You won't be able to back-up the save in diskwriter if the rom's been trimmed, and afaik there's no way of being able to back it up after rom trimming (despite the fact that the save is still intact somewhere on the card).
Hum.. I didn't know that about trimmed roms... Looks like there's nothing to do, I may leave that microSD just for NAND games written in it. Now that I know that I can stop trying and searching how to xD.

Thanks a lot!!

You could try backing-up the rom and trying that on a different sd card to see if that carries the save file over.

I tried that, didn't work U.u

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hum.. I didn't know that about trimmed roms... Looks like there's nothing to do, I may leave that microSD just for NAND games written in it. Now that I know that I can stop trying and searching how to xD.

Thanks a lot!!

Most roms are fine trimmed, it's just the card2 ones that shouldn't be trimmed.
Check out this page for more info, and a list of games with save issues on flashcarts; http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_flashcarts_game_compatibility

mepica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Most roms are fine trimmed, it's just the card2 ones that shouldn't be trimmed.
Check out this page for more info, and a list of games with save issues on flashcarts; http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_flashcarts_game_compatibility

Thank you again =), I supossed the games (pokemon roza,xy,acnl y tomodachi)... I've played that games enough to let that microSD untouched just for that games xD. But it's quite weird that you can play those games even if they're trimmed and no problem with savedata untill you backup it, better to know this before I had the same problem with future games XD.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
smealum has hinted at a save dumper in the works, so once thats out you could use that to dump your save via ninjhax 2.0....ps i don't think its sky3DS having a problem with trimming, more that they just have a mess of a system for dumping and restoring saves

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you again =), I supossed the games (pokemon roza,xy,acnl y tomodachi)... I've played that games enough to let that microSD untouched just for that games xD. But it's quite weird that you can play those games even if they're trimmed and no problem with savedata untill you backup it, better to know this before I had the same problem with future games XD.

I did exactly the same thing when I first got my sky3ds - only realised after a week... decided that I wasn't too bothered about restarting Animal Crossing, Tomodachi Life and Pokemon AS, so reformatted my card and started again with untrimmed roms :rolleyes:

smealum has hinted at a save dumper in the works, so once thats out you could use that to dump your save via ninjhax 2.0....ps i don't think its sky3DS having a problem with trimming, more that they just have a mess of a system for dumping and restoring saves

A Smea save dumper would be cool B-)

mepica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, just in case someone could find it helpful. There's no need to backup the whole NAND rom with diskwritter to get savedata safe. If rom isn't trimmed (as mine was) just "backup save" and will give a 10mb file .sav, if you restore that savedata will work (worked for me in pkmn AS, I suppose the others will too). I don't know if this have been said in another thread but I'd like to help. Bye!

flash_boy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The use of the save-files on Nintendo 3DS kind of sucks really hard. Still no one Cloud-solution for cartridge? Welcome to the 80's...

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The use of the save-files on Nintendo 3DS kind of sucks really hard. Still no one Cloud-solution for cartridge? Welcome to the 80's...

Cloud solution? wtf.....so you expect to pull your saves from a cloud storage device over the wifi of your 3ds? That shit isn't happening anytime soon.

sneef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah cause someone who think storage games on a cartridge is so up'n coming...
it certainly makes more sense, for a system used by children (who may not have net access, or aren't given access for safety reasons) and on airplanes (many airlines don't have satellite wifi yet), and by many people in countries that just don't have reliable and ubiquitous wifi access.. one day, but right now that is not the way to go

Reactions: Deleted User

flash_boy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Which countries would that be? Been in several development countries and none of them doesn't have had internet, but Internet on TV and cellphones is huge (people still buy Blackberry) but regular computer not that much, never seen any kids in those countries with a 3DS either. But you should have the option to save in he cloud or copy your savefiles to the cloud.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...