GalaxyCraft007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, so I followed this tutorial on how to change regions:
The first time round, it went perfectly. I decided to change the region back (went from European to US and wanted to change it back to European) but I ran into a problem. Everything up until the 09:09 mark went well, however when it came to the part where the "Opening the HOME Menu...Do not turn off the power." message popped up the first time, I only got a black screen. I need help trying to figure this out.

Edit: Everything is sorted out now. Huge thanks to Neptunexz for telling me to go to 3ds.hacks.guide to get the solution.

Last edited by GalaxyCraft007,

Neptunexz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Video guides are often inaccurate and outdated. Try using safe mode to update the system. (this can be done by holding down L + R + D-Pad Up + A, and then powering on the system.

Neptunexz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A missing file from the ctrnand could result in a black screen (i’ve had that happen myself). Go to 3ds.hacks.guide and follow their region changing tutorial (if there is a file missing, this should fix that)

GalaxyCraft007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A missing file from the ctrnand could result in a black screen (i’ve had that happen myself). Go to 3ds.hacks.guide and follow their region changing tutorial (if there is a file missing, this should fix that)
I'll try it later.
Post automatically merged:

Probably can try a ctr transfer if you got a blank screen.
Doing the ctrtransfer is part of the problem I think.

GalaxyCraft007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have a nandbackup from before you changed regions?

And are you able to boot into gm9 or lumas with holding select and b before boot?
I don't believe I have a nandbackup. I will look though. If I don't then I'll try booting into gm9 or Luma
Post automatically merged:

And are you able to boot into gm9 or lumas with holding select and b before boot?
Okay I'm able to do this. Don't know where the nandbackups would be saved if I do have them.

Last edited by GalaxyCraft007,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste