Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Cause of the music.

I didnt understand anything what you said now lol...
I will give you a straight and true answer.

Buy a New 3DS. When you do check the system settings. If it is 9.3 or higher Sky3DS is your ONLY option.

If it is 9.2 or lower then you can use Gateway which requires a copy of Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time. Or you can use Pasta which only requires a copy of Cubic Ninja.

Edit: And you will NOT be able to downgrade your system. If you're on 9.3 or higher, Sky3DS is all you can do.

Reactions: Megaben99

Asterix1245754

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes R4 cards will work on the N3DS. I have a R4i SDHC although I understand R4iGold is a better card.

The R4 card will let you play DS and emulate NES. SNES emulation is limited and GBA emulation isn't possible.

Sky3DS is expensive, but it does play retail .3DS carts [no eShop cia]. You can also go online if you use a private header. Personally, I like the Sky option since I can stay on current FW -- I like the dorky streetpass games.

Gateway requires lower firmware, but lets you play retail .3DS games as well as eShop games.

Which firemware you got?

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That will almost def be over 9.2. If you got it in store you could potentially check the serials.

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Got 250€ on amazon so i will def buying it there.
if you're for sure buying it on Amazon, then just be prepared to get a Sky if it's not 9.2 or below.

Even if it was, Gateway isn't THAT much cheaper. If you wanted, you could just get an original 3DS XL for cheaper and it'll be guaranteed to be 9.2 or below if you buy new.

Asterix1245754

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Pawed

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
India

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...