New DOOM movie announced for release later this year

It's been over a decade since we last saw a movie based on the DOOM franchise, with an entry that released to unfavorable critical reception in 2005. That's why it was a shock when a new DOOM film was surprise-announced by Universal. It'll be directed by Tony Giglio, credited with working on Resident Evil Afterlife, Soccer Dog, and Death Race 2 and 4. DOOM Annihilation will release in direct to video form later this 2019 and will be a loose adaptation of the series. When the official Twitter account for DOOM was asked what their opinion on the trailer was, their response was a curt, "we are not involved with the movie".

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
THIS IS NOT DooM!

Seriously, is it that hard to make a movie about one angry marine, with tons of guns, who kills zombies and demons in space and hell itself?
As a long-time Doom fan, i'll never acknowledge that disrespectful attempt of a movie as a Doom movie.

HECK, it makes the older Doom movie look less worse in comparison!
Even id Software don't want to be involved with that garbage!

So please excuse me while i'll go shift my anger on Imps and Cacodemons in some juicy Doom mappacks….

Reactions: Subtle Demise

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
The trailer looks like hot garbage, I can't wait. I love inconpetently-made movies, they bring a smile to my face, and this one looks like a real stinker.

That’s the only reason I may check it out, when it’s on Netflix or whatever.

Hopefully Rifftrax will also be available as it will hopefully be a goldmine for p*** taking.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Now if this movie could be a character in the game i would kick the undying ever loving shit out of it . Da fuck is it having a female lead for ? (I fully support international women's day n shit) but how the hell is this a representation of the bastid game ?
Am I the only one thinking this is going to be a knockoff of the 'Aliens' Fanchise with Ripley only with more monsters instead of just the 'alien'

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Am I the only one thinking this is going to be a knockoff of the 'Aliens' Fanchise with Ripley only with more monsters instead of just the 'alien'
"Fiiiive By Fiiiiive, were in the pipe" ,"Thats an A-firmative", "What ya mean they cut the power", They mostly come at night,..........Mostly".

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh ya and Spunkmire get your ass back up here .

Reactions: Bladexdsl

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I didn't even notice till i saw people complaining about it but it seems this movie is going the feministic bullshit route 2. Instead of doomguy we're getting a doomgirl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong