New Edge(CycloDS clone?) card at DX for $28

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming that this cart is similar to the CycloDS Evolution (similar hardware and software), then in theory it should have the same speed as the CycloDS Evolution. I'm guessing that if it is faster, it is because of the features they cut out.
I'd like to make this clear, because apparently you guys just don't get it:

Just because it looks like the CycloDS firmware, doesn't mean it is the CycloDS firmware.

Its like you've never seen a product try to mimic another before.

The in-game features "cut out" would have no effect on the speed of the cart's menu.

One again, stop making statements about a cart you know almost nothing about.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that, but it has the same components, and even though it is running different firmwares, it is undeniable that the firmwares share the some similarities, look at the files yourself if you don't believe me.
BECAUSE ITS SO HARD TO COPY FILE NAMES AND IMAGES AMIRITE?

QUOTE said:
Also, cutting out the in game features does speed things up, or at least according to some of TC's older posts it does.
The game list menu? No.

Now we're just talking about fucking common sense.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol nonono, I mean the ACTUAL FILES.

Do you have the source code?

Because if not, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

It could be complete coincidence, but if you open up the update.evo file (1.22) and the edge.dat files with a hex editor or notepad, etc, you will find several huge strings that are alike. Also, the fact that they use the same DLDI file is kind of sketchy too.
Thats really not enough to base such a conclusion on.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Already out of stock on DealExtreme? Aww.
frown.gif

ECJanga

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To the guy who was pissed off about ordering an evolution instead of this, shut up. This lacks the in-game menu, which means there is no slow motion, no LCD Brightness adjustment, and there is no real time saves. No rumble integration, and no ram integration. This is not a cheap clone of the evolution, it is a cheap mimmick with some of it's code. To the guy praising the edge team for their english, they freaking stole the evolution's manual from teamcyclops and replaced all instinces of evolution with edge. Please do not buy this card or support them.

I got a CycloDS, but I never use the enhanced menu, slow motion, LCD brightness (it's always set on 1) or real times saves.
I don't have a rumble extension nor Opera ram pack.

For people like me, this would be a nice alternative. I personally only run NDS roms with my CycloDS. Sometimes I use Moonshell for a quick movie, next to that I don't have any homebrew.

If this card has:

- 100% Game Compatibility
- 100% Download Play

People like me would be happy.
So your saying you never use soft-reset?
blink.gif

Not really no. I used to use it. However, when someday it was messing up my Download Play compatibility I disabled it. I only used it in the beginning, I was switching ROMs all the time. Lately I play a game and then turn the DS off. I stick to 1 game now =)

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sounds like a decent card, even more so after reading Urza's review.

But where would one buy such a card, if inclined to? Both DX and emvee are sold out and I couldn't even find it at amazon.de or .co.uk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Hey a thought occurred to me... If they are unexpected database errors, are there expected database errors?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, that's just a pre-order term to make the product look better it's not sold out
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never expect a website to last 24/7 it's like section 8
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    good afternoon fellas
    +1
    Gotten tag!
    Gutten lol
    Autocorrect isn't always correct
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    however,sad news today, although idk if i can say it bc it relates to a rom site
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rom or Ram site? Cause there's a big difference
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    rom,like game files
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    know what? to paraphrase sonic: "no GBAtemp rule in the universe is gonna stop me"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    vimm's lair had to remove a bunch of games because of nintendo, sega, and lego
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Got taken down? Another one bites the dust
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not taken down, but had to remove a bunch of games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sirloin sounds good tonight
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah it does
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    RIP Vimm's Lair (most of the games anyway), you will be missed

also i think this is a great time and reason to bring back a hashtag previously used about ubisoft
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    #stopkillinggames
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    #mailmesomesirloinsteak
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mail you deeze nuts
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That be cheap, flat rate small envelope. Me- "Hey this envelope is empty, oh that makes since."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still fits in your mouth the same way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was looking at steaks other day at grocery, can't believe some cuts (angus) are like $25 a pound. Crazyness.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I was looking at steaks other day at grocery, can't believe some cuts (angus) are like $25 a...