Hardware New Faster Lighter 3DS Console Announced

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
folks. Xenoblade will probably be emulated on the new 3ds. I'm sure 3ds can handle wii if it was ported, but it's not, it's emulated, so new power is needed.

If it can't handle a port, then it can handle emulating the original......what did I just read?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
folks. Xenoblade will probably be emulated on the new 3ds. I'm sure 3ds can handle wii if it was ported, but it's not, it's emulated, so new power is needed.
That's not how this works... :tpi:
Interesting. This appears to be more like the DS lite, and I loved my DS lite. Perfect buttons (especially D-Pad), slim design, durability. Considering I have yet to get the original 3DS, this may be an option.
On the subject of the name, going by the colors of the ABXY buttons, the Western name may end up being "Super 3DS" or something.
Just a thought.
Of all the qualities you could pick, you chose one the DS Lite certainly did not have. :P I do like Super 3DS though - good name.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Can't wait to try out Xenoblade too.
Can't wait for this new 3DS to hit NA.

This is what I'm thinking about. New 3DS has been only released for Japan for now. How long until it's coming to the West? Moreover, in Europe Nintendo just announced the Super Smash Bros. themed 3DS XL. It seems like the New 3DS will hit NA/EU in 2015 or winter 2014.

I couldn't find confirmation anywhere but has the resolution been improved? Graphics are improved thanks to a more powerful processor, but is the resolution still the same?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How to sell 1 million "new" 3DS consoles and make everyone stop whining about their old units?

1. Announce Majora's Mask 3DS as a "new" 3DS exclusive.
Game. Set. Match.
No thanks, if I wanted to play Fail64 games, I'd play them on a Fail64 or the zillion of other platforms the game is available on.
I couldn't find confirmation anywhere but has the resolution been improved? Graphics are improved thanks to a more powerful processor, but is the resolution still the same?
It's unlikely that they'd change it.

Reactions: Chiejina

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to buy the new 3DS but not because of any of the reasons already stated in this thread. I''m going to buy it because I have 2 3DS'. One for Gateway and the other.... to collect dust. It's been abandoned and neglected as of late in favor of my 4.5 version. They are the same color also (red) and the new one comes in blue, has ZR LR, enhanced screens, better button placement, usb and n new analog stick. I'll trade in my old one and drop some cash for the difference .Now I don't have to feel guilty looking at my old model because now I have a reason to buy new games for it.

EDIT: On another note, it's been confirmed the new 3DS will be able to play DS games. Missed fucking opportunity by Nintendo. Could have killed All DS and Some 3DS exploits by that alone.

D

Deleted User

I was about to get a 3DS XL.... But now I'm getting a 3DSi XL/ New 3DS XL. Time to wait about 3 years or more for this to happen :nds: .

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Majora, Fail, Why?
Not the game, the original system - Fail64 the "endearing name" I use when talking about the N64. As for the game, it was good for its time, but it's pretty aged at this point, in many ways poorly. You can play it on the N64, the Gamecube, the Wii and, if I'm not mistaken, the Wii U - I don't think we need another port/re-release. Then again, my position on the subject is well-known around here.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is this Nintendo's way of appealling to hardcore gamers?
It's Nintendo's ways of catching up to gaming standards established years prior. PSP owners complained about the lack of a second analog slider throughout last generation - you'd have to be a moron not to listen to the complaints voiced by your direct competition's audience, meaning the people you want to rake to your stead.

zerowalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Not the game, the original system - Fail64 the "endearing name" I use when talking about the N64. As for the game, it was good for its time, but it's pretty aged at this point, in many ways poorly. You can play it on the N64, the Gamecube, the Wii and, if I'm not mistaken, the Wii U - I don't think we need another port/re-release. Then again, my position on the subject is well-known around here.
Oh, i like the N64, best console at it's prime time.

That controller though....

But yeah i would want a remake of it, not a port.
As good as the game may be, it needs a re-design, it has a lot of stuff that can be improved and achieved with todays hardware that wasn't available at the time.

Reactions: Xabring

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Is this Nintendo's way of appealling to hardcore gamers?

It's posible, but if people start making new 3DS exclusive games, it's gonna be a bad time for those who can't afford it and still want their normal 3DS......

at the other side of the coin, everithing it brings to the table is welcome in my book....but I wonder how sensible is and why the heck the tiny second analog stick? that's my only wtf, I'll buy it anyway. Considering I have munny left after I bough smash for 3DS that is.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh, i like the N64, best console at it's prime time. That controller though.... But yeah i would want a remake of it, not a port. As good as the game may be, it needs a re-design, it has a lot of stuff that can be improved and achieved with todays hardware that wasn't available at the time.
Well, I won't delve into the N64 shenanigans, but I will say that if it'd be a remake along the lines of OoT3D then I'd rather if they don't remake the game at all. Refreshed visuals do not a remake make, OoT3D was a waste of everybody's time in my opinion.
It's posible, but if people start making new 3DS exclusive games, it's gonna be a bad time for those who can't afford it and still want their normal 3DS......
...which is the case whenever any new hardware is released, revisions or new systems alike. Can't afford to upgrade? Don't upgrade.

Oak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very smart marketing move by Nintendo. I just sold my Aqua Blue 3ds to get a new XL when the New Pokemon games come out. Looks like I'll e getting one of these, hopefully with a Pokemon theme. I feel really bad for everyone that bought the 3ds XL within the last couple of weeks. Now, Nintendo needs to focus on the Wii U, maybe a redesign and advertise the hell out of it. Replacement shells for the Wii U as well. Maybe a version with just the WiiU Pro controller. They have to be smart now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same. +1