Hacking New Game Updates Require 6.0

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Reset required firmware version, being able to manually delete updates and DLC, its got a few interesting utilities. Oh and you can run DevMenu without LayeredFS ;)
Can you really? I thought even the nsp worked of a packed layeredfs system. Unless you know of a different way to boot the devmenu? I'm interested :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you really? I thought even the nsp worked of a packed layeredfs system. Unless you know of a different way to boot the devmenu? I'm interested :)
We've been packing the DevMenu as an NSP for a while now; its actually done the same way most homebrew NSPs are made (hence why I made the point to mention that homebrew NSPs won't work on firmware 6.0). Of course I can't share those but they're in a certain discord server if you know where to look...

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
We've been packing the DevMenu as an NSP for a while now; its actually done the same way most homebrew NSPs are made (hence why I made the point to mention that homebrew NSPs won't work on firmware 6.0). Of course I can't share those but they're in a certain discord server if you know where to look...
I've got the packed devmenu nsp installed of discord unless there is a new version? it does the same as the devmenu xci way you just get a black screen, it finds the layeredfs part and it wont boot. Are you sure the nsp packed devmenu doesn't work the same way as the xci I thought it did. I'm admitting I'm not sure? I'm not even sure how the nsp devmenu works.

Last edited by Reecey,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got the packed devmenu nsp installed of discord unless there is a new version? it does the same as the devmenu xci way you just get a black screen, it finds the layeredfs part and it wont boot. Are you sure the nsp packed devmenu doesn't work the same way as the xci I thought it did.
.XCI and .NSP contain most of the same files anyway; they're just containers of .NCA files. DevMenu was initially leaked as an .NSP file anyways. All we did was decrypt it into its bare components for usage with LayeredFS since at the time we couldn't load it any other way. Then we got a title installer so DevMenu got repacked into a .NSP since that's much easier to load than the LayeredFS version.

Reactions: CymraegAce

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's a honeypotted version of firmware 6.0; the real firmware 6.0 is actually different and I hear it doesn't work.
You hear wrong then, because I hear that SX OS 1.9 also works fine on the "real" 6.0.0 that released today. Not the "honeypot" one that they use to spot users to ban. Ha, joke's on them, already banned.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You hear wrong then, because I hear that SX OS 1.9 also works fine on the "real" 6.0.0 that released today. Not the "honeypot" one that they use to spot users to ban. Ha, joke's on them, already banned.

Really? Maybe you should try running DevMenu or a homebrew NSP on firmware 6.0 because they work fine on 5.1 :P

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hear TX is going to feature HDD support in V2.0 which is quite strange since libnx doesn't have it yet

Saw that being banded about earlier but took it with a pinch of salt. I know it was a user request back around the start of SXOS and TX did comment that it could be a future feature, but nothing was ever confirmed to be added anytime soon :D

Lpckid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new Nintendo games work on 5.1 system with sx iso 1.9 so you can play all Nintendo Nes games now the nsp file is out now enjoy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious