Hardware New Joycon Firmware

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did anyone confirm what that guy said in another thread, that bridging the joycon pins with a resistor instead of plain wire allows it to work as a jig but doesn't cause the issue with 6.0 update?

Caleb Metzger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone confirm what that guy said in another thread, that bridging the joycon pins with a resistor instead of plain wire allows it to work as a jig but doesn't cause the issue with 6.0 update?
I can confirm this. I used a 10k resistor between 1 and 10 and even with the 6.0 controller update mine still works as a jig and works in docked mode perfectly

Reactions: hippy dave

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I can confirm this. I used a 10k resistor between 1 and 10 and even with the 6.0 controller update mine still works as a jig and works in docked mode perfectly

Dont bridge pin 9 and 10 thats it.
can use 9-10 with a reed switch tho or switch/button long as its not permanent

1-10 works before and after anyway...

Reactions: hippy dave

Euphonique

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dont bridge pin 9 and 10 thats it.
can use 9-10 with a reed switch tho or switch/button long as its not permanent

1-10 works before and after anyway...

I haven't found anything about soldering Pin 1 & 10. Only 9 & 10 or 7 & 10.
Does it really work and does it have any downsides?

chest0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So is it fine to update my JoyCons if i doesn't use my right one as a jig with tinfoil for example? If i use a TX jig its fine?

mrmikey05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After updating to 6.0 and updated the joycon, the left joycon dont work anymore ONLY for homebrew. I'm running the latest hetake v4.2 payload with Atmospher (hetake) if anyone wondering. For all stock switch stuff, it work perfectly fine.

mrmikey05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After updating to 6.0 and updated the joycon, the left joycon dont work anymore ONLY for homebrew. I'm running the latest hetake v4.2 payload with Atmospher (hetake) if anyone wondering. For all stock switch stuff, it work perfectly fine.

Never mind, it's the right joycon not in place correctly. I may have mess it up using the jig I'm using. Moved it around and solve the issue. Update joycon work perfectly fine for me, no issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, you didnt fart this time, good