New model PSP-E1000 specifications

koimayeul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't see that posted on here yet so here goes - its google translated so there might be some engrish inside

" In the absence of a precise release date, found on the official PlayStation site a data sheet for future PSP E-1000, including confirming the presence of a single mono speaker, while the previous models offered sound in stereo.

The screen is however identical in size and technology than the PSP-3000, along with the charger, but this budget version will be slightly modified the design a bit larger (172.4 mm against 169.4 mm) , lighter (223 g against 280 g, battery included) and especially less thick (21.6 mm against 71.4 mm). Since the Fnac already sold off the PSP-3000 to 99 €, it must be recognized that the value of this future PSP E-1000 is not obvious ... "

Source (french videogame website) http://www.gamekult.com/actu/du-son-mono-p...0000095540.html

Characteristics of PSP-E1000
Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.

LCD: 10.9 cm (16:9) to full transparency, TFT drive. Approximately 16,770,000 colors displayed.

Sound: monaural speaker.

Internal hard drive: UMD Drive (read only).

Interface: DC IN 5V connector Hi-Speed ??USB (USB 2.0 supported). DC OUT connector. Headphone jack. Slot for Memory Stick PRO Duo ™.

Power: AC adapter 5V DC. Battery Pack Rechargeable lithium-ion batteries.

Maximum power consumption: 6 W (charging).

External dimensions: 172.4 × 73.4 × approximately 21.6 mm (width x height x depth) (maximal projection excluded).

Weight: approx 223 g (including battery pack)

Operating temperature: 5 ° C - 35 ° C.

Codecs - Video UMD: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Main Profile Level 3. Music: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Main Profile Level 3, Linear PCM, ATRAC3plus ™ Memory Stick ™: consult the user manual.

Laser UMD
Wavelength: 655-665 nm.
Power: 0.28 mW maximum.
Type: Semiconductor, continuous.

AC adapter
Input: 100-240 V AC at 50/60 Hz
Output: 5 VDC, 1500 mA maximum.
External dimensions: approximately 61 × 23 × 84 mm (width x height x depth) (maximal projection excluded).
Weight: about 62 g.

Source : official Playstation website (in french) http://fr.playstation.com/psp-e1000/#selec...specifications)

I was thinking of buying one for my little niece but now with mono sound and to actually see the difference with price in €.. i guess not

D

Deleted User

Is this becoming a trend?
  • NEW PSP drops previous functionality. (Stereo Sound)
  • NEW Wii drops previous functionality. (Gamecube BC)
  • NEW PS3s drop previous functionality. (PS2 BC)

Less for more! That's what they always say
tongue.gif
... oh, wait. What?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
We know this

Also you shouldn't play on a handheld without headphones anyway, ruins the experience for games with epic music.
Going have to disagree. I only used earphones for loud places or to keep from bothering others.

Not to increase experience, it the same for me with them off or on...

QUOTE(tigris @ Aug 23 2011, 12:22 PM) Is this becoming a trend?
  • NEW PSP drops previous functionality. (Stereo Sound,wifi,lighten)

tongue.gif
... oh, wait. What?
Expect (I think) old ps3s also drop support.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
KingVamp said:
Going have to disagree. I only used earphones for loud places or from keep from bothering others.

Nothing like having a pair of headphones in, in a quiet room.
Seriously, try it. Not only is it better but you get more into the game.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Going have to disagree. I only used earphones for loud places or to keep from bothering others.

Whhhaaaa? I'm no audiophille and if you take a $30 headset you can notice an insane difference compared to my $70 external speaker set yet alone the tiny psp speakers. You will start hearing sounds you couldn't hear previously and it's in much better quality.

If you can't hear a difference between psp speakers and headphones, you are probably using super insanely crappy apple headphones or have got ripped off buying whatever ones you have.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
prowler_ said:
KingVamp said:
Going have to disagree. I only used earphones for loud places or from keep from bothering others.

Nothing like having a pair of headphones in, in a quiet room.
This. I think that the difference between mono and stereo on an handheld is barely noticeable anyway.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tigris said:

tongue.gif
... oh, wait. What?

Less for less. In each case the newer models are cheaper than the older ones with the extra features where. And if as people are saying here, you play with headphones anyway, in this case it is COMPLETELY irrelevant that it is missing (personally I usually play without sound on handhelds. The only time I use sound on my PSP is when watching videos, when I use headphones).

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
KingVamp said:

Not to increase experience, it the same for me with them off or on...Nothing like having a pair of headphones in, in a quiet room.

I guess...

Zetta_x said:
QUOTE(KingVamp @ Aug 23 2011, 06:43 PM)
Going have to disagree. I only used earphones for loud places or to keep from bothering others. Not to increase experience, it the same for me with them off or on...
Whhhaaaa? I'm no audiophille and if you take a $30 headset you can notice an insane difference compared to my $70 external speaker set yet alone the tiny psp speakers. You will start hearing sounds you couldn't hear previously and it's in much better quality. If you can't hear a difference between psp speakers and headphones, you are probably using super insanely crappy apple headphones or have got ripped off buying whatever ones you have.
I can here the difference in sound, but doesn't change the game for me. As long it is good sound or at least a good game I'm fine. I didn't need the sound rocking my ears.
tongue.gif
Well it could at least have stereo for people who break earphones easily or just don't want to use headphones.

I think my 3ds is pretty loud. (The only thing I got with me now...)

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
SifJar said:
tigris said:

tongue.gif
... oh, wait. What?

Less for less. In each case the newer models are cheaper than the older ones with the extra features where. And if as people are saying here, you play with headphones anyway, in this case it is COMPLETELY irrelevant that it is missing (personally I usually play without sound on handhelds. The only time I use sound on my PSP is when watching videos, when I use headphones).
>Playing video games without sound

You have no soul.

What you do have is my upmost pity.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I can't stand playing with headphones in, I'm too paranoid and have to hear my surroundings :/ (unless i'm on a bus or train).
Mono sound though, seems really cheap. I mean, a speaker is barely any cost at all compared to a lot of other things. Okay that they drop a few other things, but mono sound seems a bit too much for me.

Oh well, It's not like you benefit from stereo that much anyway in games as you potentially could. (hearing a monster from one side or the other... i never notice anyway)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No wifi ? Then no thanks. I am skipping for PSPVita with better 3rd supporting first. Be wise, save the money for PSPVita if you want. It is a waste money.

This is silly model, really.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
No wifi? I suppose if you know you won't use it it might be an option, and is likely a pricer part of the PSP.

Mono sound, seriously how little does it cost to add a second speaker? It's minuscule in comparison to the screen or wifi module, almost seems pointless to me - but i usually use earphones so it would not eb a deal breaker if i was looking to buy one.

Larger. Now this I really cannot understand, why make it larger? You have less bits to stuff into it, i used to repair PSP 1000 / 2000 units and remember the wifi board took a good amount of space, that's now gone so surely they could have kept it the same size, if not a bit smaller?

Thinner. One properly good thing i suppose
happy.gif
as long as it's still comfortable to hold.

Any news on the battery this has? Removable? Same as the slim or a new slimmer one due to the console being slimmer?

edit: typo

edit2: just been looking at pictures of it, i really dislike the bar at the bottom with the home/volume etc controls, it just looks wrong to me :/ )

Potticus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The whole design is shit. Not sure why they would even push this on people other than to clear out UMD's I suppose.

The Vita is going to kickass, and I can't wait for the available homebrew we will get. Not to mention great, successful emulation.

Arm processors=pure gold
Droid apps will be carried over and the droid emulators could be ported as well.
Simple stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry, idk what you mean by a space cake, and even if i did, i'm not really taking requests right now, because otherwise people will get mad at me for taking a request but not making a birthday cake for @Xdqwerty (i'm sorry for that btw bro)
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan lies, you just want to smoke it

:rofl2:
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi: +2