ROM Hack New powersaves 3ds thread

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like there is now an Eevee Wonder Card added now. I haven't applied it, but I would assume that it is the Birthday "Celebrate" Eevee since there have been no other ones this gen in Japan that I'm aware of.

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DARMANITAN CODE WAS INDEED REMOVED see my last post as to why that would matter.

...I fucking knew it. I was hoping you'd be wrong, Vetta, but it looks like your logic was proven correct. I knew they would backtrack like this, just like they backtracked with Diancie and the Mega Latias/Latios before the re-release of the Latias/Latios Mega Stones.

Secondly, how did they know? Is there really a spy working for Datel who's keeping track of the stuff we say?

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
DARMANITAN CODE WAS INDEED REMOVED see my last post as to why that would matter.

Because without any specific hardware, or means to inject code in buffer overflow (which this isn't the case) for kernal access,
or any other way to manipulate your save,

a Darmanitan Zen mode crash can create an exploit entry point?

It was most likely removed because it was reported/noted to be unsafe.

The Darmanitan Zen was probably not programmed for Amie,
and the game couldn't handle the exception, so the catch was to end the game.

You weren't supposed to get Zen mode outside of battle, hence this would not have happened normally.

This isn't a save file exploit either:
There's no buffer overflow in this case; it simply loaded a Zen Darmanitan, and couldn't run Amie's actions.

----

If TL;DR:

The game didn't crash with unending reads at Darmanitan 'Z'.
Darmanitan 'Z' loaded first, reading ended, THEN PokeAmie couldn't run extra actions.
So having a bunch of code to be redirected behind Darma 'Z' would not lead to an exploit.

*Disclaimer: pure speculation based on everything I've read so far*

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Newbie1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.

Darmantian Zen Mode, Pirouette Form for Meloetta were taken down.

Good thing I got them both :)

And on 31x6 IV's

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah this one!

I think the FAQ says PM MGS1980 for any additions right?

If MGS1980 has all the existing formes before Datel pulled the code off,
you perhaps can kindly formally request for it to be done ;D
I would, but I didn't apply those edits. I already knew about it crashing the game (I forget who reported it but it may have been Bond who told us that that things like Mega Evolutions and invalid (shouldn't be found outside of battle) forms would crash the game if going into Amie way back in the old thread.)

I chose not to apply it mainly to protect my Powersaves Pokemon cart. It's my main gen 6 event collecting cart now. If something happened and it were bricked, I wouldn't lose anything because of Bank, but it would be an extreme annoyance. I just figured that I wouldn't take the chance. I did apply the Fancy pattern Viv form change, but that was it. Sorry.

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aww ok.Its just in a post on the previous page,Vetta-X mentioned they were creating Event Pokemon?

Now, I ain't 100% sure about no Rayquaza, but I know that's what I saw in this thread... and it looks like only time will tell us what Pokemon Vetta and the others would create.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3