Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice 4 posts in a row. :-/

I think you should find people to help you guys and work on the other Mario games as well. (Id love to see 3 as its my favorite)

NotAgOat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look really good! NSMB is one of my favorites games on the DS, and the possibilities of new levels for it is really exciting me!!
smile.gif

Do you know if editing the multiplayer levels would be possible too? This mode was really fun, but the lack of levels limited it.

The current ROM I have has edited multiplayer. It looks entirely possible to have edited multiplayer, but only between 2 cards. Unless there's some magic way to un-encrypt the .narc files that are sent via download play, I don't see that ever happening though. I also have a hunch that I can get a nice cooperative mode going too. (This is all in theory mind you...)
Coop mode would be awesome! Keep up the good work.

skroooagh

Trophies
XP
Country
Cool project! Just a thought... there's eight levels in a world in NSMB as opposed to the four in the original, so you could add the Lost Levels too for the complete experience! Either way, new/trickeir levels would be a huge bonus. Nice work!

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Look really good! NSMB is one of my favorites games on the DS, and the possibilities of new levels for it is really exciting me!!
smile.gif

Do you know if editing the multiplayer levels would be possible too? This mode was really fun, but the lack of levels limited it.

The current ROM I have has edited multiplayer. It looks entirely possible to have edited multiplayer, but only between 2 cards. Unless there's some magic way to un-encrypt the .narc files that are sent via download play, I don't see that ever happening though. I also have a hunch that I can get a nice cooperative mode going too. (This is all in theory mind you...)
Coop mode would be awesome! Keep up the good work.

Search this forum for "narctool"

Tanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NRACTOOL cannot currently extract the files we need extracted to do this. If it did, I would be all on top of coop work right now. =/

Hispanicguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, I wanna say good work on what you have already accomplished
smile.gif

To the person who posted the link for the editor, thank you.

I've been messing around with it to see how it works and it's really easy. The only problem im having is adding/deleting things in a level (if thats possible lol). You said to double click whatever you want to change from the list, correct? When I do that, I get this error: "Run-Time error 339...Component MSCOMCT2.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."

I just wanted to know if there was a way to fix that or not. After reading this thread I also felt like recreating SMB1 but only because I wanna see if I can actually do it myself lol. No major projects like you guys are doing, just something for personal gain. Eventually I will just mess around with the program and change every world just so me and my friends can have something new to try lol.

Multiplayer in this game is so much fun and the thought of having new multiplayer stages would be awesome but I dont want to get my hopes up.

Again, thank you for the hard work you all put into things like this. It makes me, and im sure many others, want to attempt the same thing.

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Progress was halted for a week because of finals and such.
Enjoy this double screenshot of the level I am working on (Tanks is working on 1-2 currently, just overcame a camera problem thanks to me). As you can tell, it's 1-4.
Progress1-4.png

Please excuse the empty filler on the right side of screenshot two, I'm taking a break for the day and will of course fix it tomorrow.

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got to tell ya, this is probably one of the few rom hacks i'm going to play. this seems like it should have been done by nintendo but i'm glad you guys took it upon yourself, its so awesome
smile.gif
. thanks for putting forth the effort.

i know it don't mean much, but hell figured it wouldnt hurt encouraging you guys
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Why is it all in lower-case?