OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
one thing that people seem to not understand is that this anti-piracy measure is designed to be injected. this means it can be added to the precompiled code before it's transferred over to the retail cart. a simple bach application that alters the code ever-so-slightly means a new patch and a new method to hack per-rom. in theory this could mean that a run of 5,000 retail carts each as 1 of 5,000 different anti-piracy fixes which detect flash linker pre-patching. while linkers advertise "clean roms" this means roms do not need to be pre-patched, the firmware does it for you. all current slot1 linkers (to my knowledge) do some type of patching before the game loads.

but until this code makes its debut everything remains speculation as the company is not releasing any details.

@ducktails: thats a great game! =P

-another world

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
@Another World: So basically what you're saying is that each cart will have it's own security code that needs to be bypassed? Couldn't this be easily mended by just having everyone use the one version of the ROM that was uploaded to the net?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
one thing that people seem to not understand is that this anti-piracy measure is designed to be injected. this means it can be added to the precompiled code before it's transferred over to the retail cart. a simple bach application that alters the code ever-so-slightly means a new patch and a new method to hack per-rom. in theory this could mean that a run of 5,000 retail carts each as 1 of 5,000 different anti-piracy fixes which detect flash linker pre-patching. while linkers advertise "clean roms" this means roms do not need to be pre-patched, the firmware does it for you. all current slot1 linkers (to my knowledge) do some type of patching before the game loads.

but until this code makes its debut everything remains speculation as the company is not releasing any details.

@ducktails: thats a great game! =P

-another world

wanna tell nintendo how many time you shit each time a day too???

DONT TELL THEM OUR PLANS.

THEY ARE LOOKING AT OUR RESPONSE TO THIS ATTACK IM SHURE.

btw - I have Ducktales!...love it
biggrin.gif

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the paranoia here is quite hilarious, if that was the case then why can we stiill pirate damn near everything? this is a minor glitch at best

if it comes down to it i would rather have intros and precracked roms uploaded to the net like the old days

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
@PharaohsVizier: i recall that application as well but i can't remember the name. the homebrew devs i know have told me, on different occasions, that all flash linkers which run from the msd do some form of patching. although team cyclo swears up and down that their kit doesn't.

-another world

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
I laughed so hard when i heard this! then went to failblog (i wish it wasn't a coincidence XD)
seriously, there's hardly any good games on ds looking forward to, kindom hearts and zelda being exceptions and tbh BUY THE FRIGGIN GAME! yes we all like things for free but at some point we'll all buy a game. Also it looks like the ds doesn't have long left (in my view). Sure the dsi has just came out but with all these crappy 3rd party games that only toddlers would buy it will die sooner rather than later. The only thing i can see that will keep it afloat is dsi ware and dsi games.

knuj_on

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like history is repeating itself when they thought they had an unbeatable system on the Atari ST(e). The ROMs themselves can not change contents thus code must copy itself to ram before it can modify itself. This gives 2 options for a “one size fits all” solution (but it is the same process). If the emulators are good enough, let the code execute until it starts updating the screen and snapshot the memory. If the emulators are not good enough custom firmware for the Phat in the Flashme style to achieve the same thing. The first ST(e) attempt unscrambled the entire program before executing it. Subsequent attempts unscrambled it in sections just prior to execution. However the unscrambled stuff is present in memory and can be snapshoted. An emulator would be best at recording the memory contents as it is executed or read for the first time. Once this image is constructed, it must be what the program was like prior to encryption. Re-pack as if it was homebrew, Job Done.

whatup777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be a plot after all they announced it and unles they are majorly retarded they may inject the games earlier. I hear remakes of Gold/Silver is being made and the first DSi only game comes in June. A plot mabye.
unsure.gif

Edit: if you buy the game mabye it will inject your DSi to block things. Oh Well this tells us Nintendo can't block flashcarts for there life
smile.gif

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sprogurt said:
Sure the dsi has just came out but with all these crappy 3rd party games that only toddlers would buy it will die sooner rather than later. The only thing i can see that will keep it afloat is dsi ware and dsi games.

If that's true then American DSi gamers are screwed as most of the quality DSiware and DSi games will be Japan only unless you own a Japanese DSi.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe we could just simply remove this security scheme from the ROM? As in, assuming that they aren't making drastic changes between one ROM to the next, just search for a certain section of code that's part of the security. Since you then know the location of this code, go back a bit further and find the start of it, then wipe everything from there to the start of the game code.

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
sprogurt said:
I laughed so hard when i heard this! then went to failblog (i wish it wasn't a coincidence XD)
seriously, there's hardly any good games on ds looking forward to, kindom hearts and zelda being exceptions and tbh BUY THE FRIGGIN GAME! yes we all like things for free but at some point we'll all buy a game. Also it looks like the ds doesn't have long left (in my view). Sure the dsi has just came out but with all these crappy 3rd party games that only toddlers would buy it will die sooner rather than later. The only thing i can see that will keep it afloat is dsi ware and dsi games.
I was thinking the same. If the anti piracy code will be on really good games, then you will must buy only the anti piracy injected

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn