New ROM Anti-Piracy Software

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xxRAG3 said:
I always laugh when i see these 'lets hate R4 together' kind of news posts. They must really be ignorant not to look at other brands, because im pretty sure R4 isn't a hell of a lot popular than other brands.

Assuming this also deals with M3

I totally agree- this is nothing but comedy to me. I think these guys a blowing off stream; BECAUSE this generation was so easy to access and so easy to hack, I don't think the "barriers" will pose an actual Challenge. Maybe for online stuff, but, its too late man.

I somewhat agree with others though after reading- I am appalled but how many idiots have tools like this and don't even use their brains to work them out (so easy) the GBA days, as furstering as they were, were a lot better.

In any case, there is a reason why it (flash carts) has become so big, and that is due to all of the changes that are happening with commerice and systems as a whole- Nintendo can do what the like, they can't stop a spiritual revolution (thats pretty much what its amounting to) when it already has started. What surpises me is even some of us, the "prates," are complaining about how flashcarts going somewhat mainstream their are as well.

but really, I think that they are just blowing serious smoke. It'll be like that "R4 new firmwire out by SEPT to counter shitty R4 CLONES" crap- nothing noticeable actually happens. I mean, like, SHIT, why are people so sacred!? Media does this ALL THE TIME. like fuck,

take a fuckin look at the artcles for when the DSi came out- now granted, R4 and older carts will not work on them anymore, but I will bet your life that if its something like Gold/Silver/KH/Zelda that gets this treatment, it'll be CRACKED and available within seconds for almost ALL flash cards- as another poster had said, their is likely a weakness, that is probably real easy to exploit.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
hopefully this protest wont effect other flash carts rather than r4

I think it will effect all flashcards but we're going to have to wait and see. It affects all flashcards because, like said by many tempers, your flashcard will patch the ROM before launching no matter what kind options you have set. Because of this patch, an added code to the game will cause it to "self-destruct" and the security will be activated. The game will be killed and no longer playable. Bottom line, if a patch is applied to the game and outcome key for new code is different than it is if it were launched by a retail cart + DS operation, the security system will be activated and the game will no longer be playable. This got me thinking, "Does this affect AR users?" By AR users I mean, people that use retail carts and and original AR. The AR must patch it it somehow and if the security system mistakes it for a flashcard patch the game will destroyed all because you wanted some rare candies in your new SoulSilver game.

But most likely, the patch is different than retail AR units than it is to flashcards. So hopefully, Nintendo won't make that mistake.

~ Jon

TheRealDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all honesty, I doubt that their "Anti-Piracy" code will work.

If they "inject" the code into each and every game, all it requires is for someone to flash a copy of the game, figure out what the code is and remove it all together. If they try to incorporate a sister code into the DSi to check for the key, it'll take an eternity for the console to identify a genuine key since each cartridge will essentially have a different one.

Can someone say "talking out of the ass"?

D

Deleted User

jonjon95 said:
This got me thinking, "Does this affect AR users?" By AR users I mean, people that use retail carts and and original AR. The AR must patch it it somehow and if the security system mistakes it for a flashcard patch the game will destroyed all because you wanted some rare candies in your new SoulSilver game.

But most likely, the patch is different than retail AR units than it is to flashcards. So hopefully, Nintendo won't make that mistake.

~ Jon
That's absurd, a retail card can't be "destroyed" because of this as those aren't writable.

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering when they'd use this method, and I'd assumed they didn't really care about piracy since they weren't.

This'll mean that people will have to wait a few weeks after a dump for it to be playable. If they're doing this the way I think they are, then there will be a relatively simple way to find the security for each individual game after the first few "secured" games, unless they have completely unique methods for each game.

I predict this'll eventually boil down to something as simple as an AR code. Fortunately, I have a life to live in the mean time while I'm not playing whatever game can't be played temporarily.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BASS ULTRA said:
Okay...? I don't get how this new protection thing works.

Is it like the new games get a code. We rip the game from the catridge, then we play it on our R4's, and then the code has an atomic explosion and makes the game unplayable?
Flashcards patch their games that you run someway I don't really know. This code basically finds if you patched it, and if you did it will stop working. (IDK if patching would also mean translation patches and such)

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A-Z said:
well if this is war then can sum1 send me like tutorial link on how 2 code and hack into this kinda shit? (btw never dun this b4! excitin g stuff!)

me too.
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious