New Super Mario Bros 2 Announced For 3DS

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the point of that game is create, share and play.
the foreground and background movement have been used plenty of times in heaps of games, eg. Paper Mario.

The point of the game is to platform too, although they apparently added so much customization that it can become almost anything.

Also, are you sure the original Paper Mario games (like the non-shit ones) used this idea or only Super Paper Mario (it's been a while since I played it but I thought it only allowed 2D environmental movement or 3D environmental movement).

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the point of that game is create, share and play.
the foreground and background movement have been used plenty of times in heaps of games, eg. Paper Mario.

The point of the game is to platform too, although they apparently added so much customization that it can become almost anything.

Also, are you sure the original Paper Mario games (like the non-shit ones) used this idea or only Super Paper Mario (it's been a while since I played it but I thought it only allowed 2D environmental movement or 3D environmental movement).
It was in those games but I think it was first used in Wario VB Land. Mutant Mudds on the eShop also used it recently.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was in those games but I think it was first used in Wario VB Land. Mutant Mudds on the eShop also used it recently.

Dammit, my trolling has been foiled again! If it wasn't for you meddling kids and your dumb dog.

Although my original point (if I had one) was that I wish they really mixed up the 2D Mario games. They still feel pretty stiff and unimaginative. I liked the 2D segments in SMG2 better because it felt very loose and free flowing. And yeah, I think the art for 2D Mario games could use some sprucing.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I wish they would make a full-on 3D Mario game with retro elements. Super Mario 3D Land was a step in the right direction, but I don't think it was quite there. A game that plays like Super Mario 64 or Sunshine, but features the "classic" health/powerup system, as well as ALL the major powerups from the 2D games (fire flower, tanooki leaf, frog suit, cape feather) and maybe even the powerups from the NSMB games would be great.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Most likely, I'm just saying if the whole game had that concept (Really, another rayman reference?).

Well, I was going to reference this and make a humorous remark about how everyone complains that Sony copies Nintendo but I decided not to.

Oh wait, I just did. My bad.
DOHOHOHOHOHOHO
swmuppet.jpg

How clever of you! But before you go on, someone wants a word with you.
warioland--article_image.jpg

His name is Wario
Edit: Damn I'm late

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I agree with the people who said that the game lacks creativity.
I also agree that the graphics doesn't look as a 3DS game, they look just a hack of NSMB.

The good thing is, this game will have tanooki suit, with flying ability.
I hope that when 3DS got hacked, and romhacks become usual,
SKJmin do a hack of this game, with everything that is on NSMB 3.

It would be great to play a remake of Super Mario Bros 3, with:

* Better graphics
* Widescreen
* Better Engine
and
* 3D effect

Reactions: 1 person

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Ha, nice one! :P

And this looks like just more NSMB, which it is, but I'd be surprised and saddened if they didn't do 3D layer things. It makes total sense, and even SMB3 sorta had that layer thing.

I'm sure this will be fun, but I would have preferred SMB3/SMW 2 for some retro awesomeness. And even more screen space, since a Mario sprite obviously takes less pixels than his NSMB counterpart.

I'll probably end up buying it anyway, but I'd rather be able to pirate this one honestly.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why everyone is freaked out about the graphics and the game looking too similar to NSMBDS... those were just tech screenshots. Of course it looks really similar at this point. the graphics will be much more amped up, likely to SM3DL's standards, by the time of release.

LeonardoFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Geez, there's some people stating that the ENGINE is similar to the one in the DS version.
Seriously?

So i'll assume you've played it. Or else you're should try criticizing a little less until you PLAY the actual game.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol