Hacking New Super Mario Bros Wii Issue

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone Im having an issue with my New Super Mario Bros Wii game. My Wii is soft modded with 4.0U and also a d2pro mod chip. When I play the game through the backup launcher it plays just fine, but when I try to play the game through the disc channel I get the message "Error occurred, please eject the disc and turn off the Wii" and I don't know how to fix it..I already installed IOS53 because I was told that might solve the problem but it does not..any help would be really appreciated..thank U

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's becuase the loader (I'm presuming it's NeoGamma) patches the game to make it run. To make it run from the disc channel you're going to need to patch it with the patch that's floating around.

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use the backup launcher, yeah neogamma..when the game came out I had already used the

New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_main.dol_FiX_Wii

I remember using that one when the game came out, unless there is another patch that I dont know about

lakaiskateboarding

Trophies
XP
Country
Lakerfanalways said:
So is there anyway to fix this issue or do I just have to continue playing the game through the backup launcher
Yes, patch it correctly I guess. I also have a modchip and at that time I patched it manually by changing some of its binary code.

I however think you should start to get used to loading your games with loaders, because a lot of them apply patches to games, which your modchip doesn´t. And the compatibilty is higher for import games with loaders.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same problem, Im using a wiikey 1, uk, 4.2E wii. The best solution is to use Verbatim, DVD-R, Printable and make sure they are the printable discs, that should sort you out it sorted my problem out and I never get Disc error's anymore and I run it through the disc channel and not neogamma and I used the scrubbed version no fix's or nothing. Hope this helps.

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Memorex and I never had any issue in the past with games not playing through the disc channel. I tried installing the IOS53 and that did not do anything..so Im thinking it has something to do with some kind of protection or I need to install another IOS file..it works perfectly in the backup launcher I just wanted to be able to play it through the disc channel

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lakerfanalways said:
I use Memorex and I never had any issue in the past with games not playing through the disc channel. I tried installing the IOS53 and that did not do anything..so Im thinking it has something to do with some kind of protection or I need to install another IOS file..it works perfectly in the backup launcher I just wanted to be able to play it through the disc channel
That's because of NSMB's BCA protection. Neogamma patches it on the fly, so clearly you didn't apply the patch right.

lightsxout

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Didnt read any of ur comments but hope this helps (except the first 1 ofcource):
1.download DARKCORP_v1.0_Full (search google)
2. run it on homebrew channel and most probably should pick the second option
3.burn the game to a DVD-R
4.put in wii.

the dark corp thing is compulsory

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gordinio said:
Lakerfanalways said:
That's because of NSMB's BCA protection. Neogamma patches it on the fly, so clearly you didn't apply the patch right.

Ok I have seen a few patches online..which is the one I have to use to make the game work in the disc channel??

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I downloaded the
New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_PROPER_FiX_Wii-iND
fix..is that the one I have t use because I think the one that I had used when the game came out was the

New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_main.dol_FiX_Wii-iND fix which apparently did not do the job..just want to be able to play this game through the disc channel if possible..but the fix that I just downloaded,,I have no idea how to use it..what do I do..just drag the ISO into the folder and press the qf-nsmbw_fixv2 icon?

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I won't be able to play this game in the disc channel then..I have the downloaded game and it was the QWIIF release and I have tried putting it back onto my computer so that I can burn it again with the correct fix but when I put it on my computer it says NEW SUPER MARIO BROS WII instead of
qf-nsmbw and I can't find a place to download this game again since its an old game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: 😭