New super Mario bros wii wont work with wiiflow

OiBoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I open wiiflow it shows the game, and I'll press it and it will give that loading bar on the bottom, then black screen afterwards and won't do anything.

I have d2x cios version 3.1 and wiiflow lite version 5.4.9 I believe

I am using a sd card to play the games, wiiflow is also on the SD card, every other game works and loads almost immediately.

Can anyone help by chance?

Reactions: SaulFabre

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I open wiiflow it shows the game, and I'll press it and it will give that loading bar on the bottom, then black screen afterwards and won't do anything.

I have d2x cios version 3.1 and wiiflow lite version 5.4.9 I believe

I am using a sd card to play the games, wiiflow is also on the SD card, every other game works and loads almost immediately.

Can anyone help by chance?
You need to get either a usb flash drive or better, an external hdd, to play your Wii games. The SD card reader is prone to wear and is slower in comparison to usb speed. You were lucky getting some games work for you with the SD card, and that's prolly the reason why NSMB won't work for you, since game loaders are made for usbs and external hdds, and not sd cards..

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You need to get either a usb flash drive or better, an external hdd, to play your Wii games. The SD card reader is prone to wear and is slower in comparison to usb speed. You were lucky getting some games work for you with the SD card, and that's prolly the reason why NSMB won't work for you, since game loaders are made for usbs and external hdds, and not sd cards..
I have to disagree. If all other games are working fine with sd then I don't think that is the issue.

It could be a bad rip, or an older version of the loader.

The title of this topic is misleading, as it implies the game works with other usbloaders but not Wiiflow, but I expect this is not the case and it has not been confirmed one way or the other.

As suggested earlier a syscheck is the best place to start debugging this

Edit: to be clear I have no issue with recommending to use a usb HDD over SD or vice versa, they both have pros and cons. I'm just saying I don't think the fact that he is trying to run the game off sd is causing it not to run

Edit2: wfl 5.4.9 is outdated. I'm not sure if updating it will solve the issue but I would definitely try that too.

toxichoma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used both a usb drive and a sd card that were both formated on fat32. None of them worked

Oo_Ice_Deep_oO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to add some late insight, I am working on getting "Newer Super Mario Bros Wii" to work on my install of WiiFlow and I can tell you it black screens with certain CIOS Base combos. I think off the top of my head 52 base 56 black screens, but 52 base 57 works does NOT black screen. (For those less skilled in wiiflow in the game setting you can select which cIOS slot to use loading the game. WiiFlow's default auto setup is to use 249, which one you are using depends what you or your tool installed in 249. You can determine this with a syscheck)

Beyond that though for me it is crashing on the hold the wiimote sideways screen, which is a common problem. I am installing v1.3.0 of NSMBW and I have heard v1.2.0 works. If I get resolution to the error I will post method.

So far I downloaded the NKIT of the game, converted it to ISO, then converted to WBFS. This gave me the crash.

Next I used the "New Super Mario Wii ISO Builder" where I used a copy of the ISO from the "New" game and the ISO builder built me a wbfs version of "Newer". This too had the push 2 screen crash in WiiFlow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT