Hardware New Switch rumours - 1440p TV and 1080p handheld - Displayport over USB-C - 5GBps BUS speed

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To me the most logical thing would be to just use HDMI-over USB-C.

If you have a "Power Dock" then it necessitates a protocol for communicating with the dock's GPU (and maybe CPU), but the USB spec basically gives Nintendo and Nvidia free reign to create their own proprietary alt-mode if they deem it necessary. No matter what, with a "Power Dock" the dock would handle the video out to TV so there's no need to pass a video stream through the USB connection while all the computing is going on.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To me the most logical thing would be to just use HDMI-over USB-C.

If you have a "Power Dock" then it necessitates a protocol for communicating with the dock's GPU (and maybe CPU), but the USB spec basically gives Nintendo and Nvidia free reign to create their own proprietary alt-mode if they deem it necessary. No matter what, with a "Power Dock" the dock would handle the video out to TV so there's no need to pass a video stream through the USB connection while all the computing is going on.
Sorry, but no. HDMI alt mode was only announced this September.
I do think there might be display data enhanced by the dock, to achieve things like double frame rate as seen with vr's strategy.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think it's lane 1 for communication, lane 2 for display port 1.3 x1, lane 3 and 4 for usb 3.0 and two 2.0 for the ports and possibly communication. (or is it 2 usb 2.0, one usb 3.0, in which case there are two lanes for dp, one for usb 3.0 and one for communication) The ports are most likely used for accessories than usb storage.

D

Deleted User

Lmao, it's always a "inside person". The switch will be dogshit compared to something like Xbox Scorpio. I wish people didn't hype shit up like this. It's ot going to be 4K and perform at probably even above 30fps. Come on. And display port? Give me a break

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lmao, it's always a "inside person". The switch will be dogshit compared to something like Xbox Scorpio. I wish people didn't hype shit up like this. It's ot going to be 4K and perform at probably even above 30fps. Come on. And display port? Give me a break
Displayport is supported natively by usb c since its day view, hdmi is not. They are two very different devices, and Xbox One scorpio will get its ass handed to a sub-350 gpu, not to mention all the porting xbox one exclusive to windows store thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH