Gaming New Vita Firmware 2.10 Update Adds Folders & More! (2.11 OUT NOW)

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just updated and... wow, I would've never imagined that simply introducing Folders will make the number of Tabs shrink so substantially - 8 Tabs are now just 2 and I'm pretty damn glad about that, not to mention that it's tidier this day. Now, if only Folders could have their own Tabs so that you can store more than 10 items in them... I currently have to have two folders for PSPlus games and I'd rather have just one. Still, big improvement.

Its like U took the words outta ma Mouth :) From 9 down to 2 mmmmmm maybe Infinifolder Tweak :P

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Just updated and love it! Gone from 6 pages to 2 with just 3 folders and the few icons I use the most.
I like that they've added an icon of whatever game card is inserted next to the battery meter, very cool.
Just waiting for Guacamelee to be added to the store now!

I know it will probably never happen but I wish they would add .avi support in 2.11. I have over 6TB of avi and have to use my phone (galaxys3) wheras I would love to use the Vita's larger screen.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I know it will probably never happen but I wish they would add .avi support in 2.11. I have over 6TB of avi and have to use my phone (galaxys3) wheras I would love to use the Vita's larger screen.
.avi is a container format - what matters is the codec used. It'd be best if you just converted your collection to a compatible format. ;)

PS Vita supports a wide array of audio files, including: MP3 (MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer 3), MP4 (MPEG-4 AAC), and WAVE (Linear PCM). Video formats supported include: MPEG-4 Simple Profile (AAC) and H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High/Main/Baseline Profile (AAC). Image and photo formats supported include JPEG, TIFF, BMP, GIF, and PNG.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
6TB would take forever to convert though and they play on everything I own except my Vita :/
You won't be converting everything at once, I don't remember there being a 6TB PSVita Memory Card. :P Just convert the ones you want overnight, transfer and presto. I watched a few episodes of my favourite shows on the PSVita and damn, do they look good on that OLED screen... :D

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Good point but I think I'll just start grabbing mp4 and h264 of stuff but then again I have the hdmi out adapter for my phone so unless I'm going away for a while I'll probably stick with the S3 for most of the time.
I will try my Vita for a movie tomorrow as I have the madcatz clear armor on it and it has a cool flip out stand for when watching movies.

mushra

Asgard
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just don't entertain the "Oh, an XXX thread, let's talk about the YYY!" attitude. ;)
D : damn I like this guy, why are you not a moderator? anyways the update of course patches the Apache Overkill exploit but as stated in wololo.net: The Z has a exploit game working on 2.10 meaning that they just updated the firmware for the specific game just like before : 3 This is good news for those who have their own exploits (you lucky sons of....) To each their own!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
A non-obligatory 2.12 update for the PSVita was released yesterday. Not sure of what kinds of improvements it gives yet but I'll post a HTML5 score later. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Could you imagine if these abortion activist said that sperm was a life, and you could not...