Gaming new xbox 360

broksonic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just won a brand new xbox 360 . Was wondering if it is possible to softmod it like you can with a wii. Wthout having to take the xbox apart or do any soldering

thanks

Xoo00o0o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There may be an exploit soon as I know team jungle and some other people were working on it. When it does come out you will have to open your 360 to flash the drive to play backups.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
broksonic said:
Can you play games of an hard drive once the xbox 360 is chipped ?

On regular xboxes you can install games to the internal drive, you still need the original disk in however. On older xboxes with an exploitable dashboard you could jtag them to play backups on an external drive without a disk, run homebrew, emulators and xbla content. I think this exploit was plugged around mid 2008.

broksonic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have now got myself a regular xbox 360 . Which i was told was modded and banned from xbox live . I am not worried about the live ban
But i have being ripped off because i dont think xbox 360 is even flashed or modded.
I have tired a backup that i know works on my neighbours xbox and all i get when i insert the disk is this screen

xbox360_screen001.jpg

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Congratulations with winning though.
wink.gif

As the others have said, The Xbox360 Slim can't be flashed YET. There are teams working on it right now though.
tongue.gif

broksonic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Delta517 said:
Congratulations with winning though.
wink.gif

As the others have said, The Xbox360 Slim can't be flashed YET. There are teams working on it right now though.
tongue.gif

Thank you.

This isn't the slim xbox that i've won. Put that to one side to give my son for his birthday next month. This is the old style xbox 360 i was told is modded

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
broksonic said:
This isn't the slim xbox that i've won. Put that to one side to give my son for his birthday next month. This is the old style xbox 360 i was told is modded
You were told it was modded, but the real question is: Is it jtagged or just a flashed DVD drive? If it is a jtag then you can use it to play games of an HDD but if it is the latter of the two then all you can do is play backups.

broksonic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Delta517 said:
So you want to flash a regular Xbox 360 then?
unsure.gif

Yes but i was told this one i got second hand was already flashed , But i can't be as i get that screen when trying to load a game. Sorry for the confusion but never had a xbox 360 before now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3