Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
science said:
Do we know if updating bans people or not? With modded firmware?
I believe that is a question a lot of, if not all, people are waiting to be answered.

Although my confidence is baseless, I feel that those with iXtreme 1.4 will be fine. That is to say... I do expect a lot of:[*]FFFFFFFFFFFFFF[*]OH SHI-[*]OMGWTFBBQIt would have been a bit more epic had Microsoft chose November 5th.

...remember remember...

QuantumFluxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Theres a download that supposedly has the full version of the NXE you can put it on a CD or USB stick and update your console. Though apparently you can't connect to Live until the 19th. I'm not doing this myself until I learn more about it, I don't want a version of the NXE that stops my 360 from -ever- connecting to Live.

Edit: I just recieved this bits of info about it, still not sure what to think:

Quote:Originally Posted by looneytuuney
Hmm... What do you think about my situation? I'm banned to XBL so I can't take anymore new updates. Should I try NXE?

I don't think it is worth you trying it. Things are downloaded during the installation process, so it is possible your console being banned might stall you during the installation process, effectively bricking your console.

Quote:Originally Posted by Blade64
1. If I download and install that, why will I not be able to connect to LIVE?

No you wont because the Dashboard currently is tied to your consoles ID number. If your console ID isn't on the list to have the new Dash, you wont be able to use live

Quote:2. Where did you get this?

There was a Preview Program opened a day or two back so Microsoft could check the new Dashboard out in the wild as it were, with a combination of ISPs and hardware. This download has come from someone who has taken it off of their hard drive.

Quote:3. What version of this software is this?

4. Is this the final release?

Basically the final test release which has been given to members of the public to test.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Further information I've just recieved, supposedly this is from an email that microsoft sent the people who were part of the test:
QUOTE said:
In participation with this program, you should not move your storage device (hard drive, or memory unit if you do not have a hard drive) to any other console as it will also update that console. If an unregistered console is updated with the NXE update, that console will not be able to connect to Xbox LIVE until the NXE has been officially released on November 19th.

MystikEkoez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BiscuitBee said:
science said:
I believe that is a question a lot of, if not all, people are waiting to be answered.

Although my confidence is baseless, I feel that those with iXtreme 1.4 will be fine. That is to say... I do expect a lot of:[*]FFFFFFFFFFFFFF[*]OH SHI-[*]OMGWTFBBQIt would have been a bit more epic had Microsoft chose November 5th.

...remember remember...
But, shouldn't there be some sort of new authentication system for the DVD drive since NXE allows you to completely download a disk to your HDD?

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MystikEkoez said:
BiscuitBee said:
science said:

...remember remember...
But, shouldn't there be some sort of new authentication system for the DVD drive since NXE allows you to completely download a disk to your HDD?

That it just to check if the correct disc is in the dvd drive.

I think people with flashed drives will be fine.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QuantumFluxx said:
Hmm... What do you think about my situation? I'm banned to XBL so I can't take anymore new updates. Should I try NXE?

I don't think it is worth you trying it. Things are downloaded during the installation process, so it is possible your console being banned might stall you during the installation process, effectively bricking your console.

Incorrect, banned consoles update just fine. Things are not downloaded during the installation. Normally, if your console is banned, you can download the entire update and just burn it to disc. This NXE preview rip does not include the Avatars and considering you can't connect to Live, I would say screw it and just wait
biggrin.gif

QuantumFluxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I've installed Fallout 3 as well with my flashed drive and all is well. It kinda sucks we don't get to create any avatars until we can sign into Live, but at least I can play my games with complete silence from my 360.

I had a thought but I'm not sure how valid it is, with 360 games running off the hard drive instead of the dvd drive, will that help the temperature inside the xbox itself stay even a degree cooler? I don't know how much heat a constantly spinning drive would give off.

LordWill072284

Trophies
Website
www.bakerenterprises.ca
XP
Country
Canada
same just installed fable 2 as well on benq drive, it's so quiet, shuts the dvd drive right down, however tried playin divx movies through the video player and sadly needs update so no movies for me
frown.gif
. but do like the achievement details, and all the stuff, great dashboard. can't wait for live nov 19th

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dashboard is tied to the console ID that was leaked with it. So no LIVE until it sees its november 19. Don't try changing the date.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
BiscuitBee said:
science said:

...remember remember...
remember remember
the 5th of novemeber
gunpowder
treason
and... SHIT! MY 360 STOPPED WORKING AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

note: i dont actually own a 360, in fact i dont rily like dem, just cudnt resiste carryin on dat poem tho lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76bIuU_g6A8