New Xbox Series S In Carbon Black

Kevbo

Professional Dumbass
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xbox has announced a new Xbox Series S with 1TB storage. The Xbox Series S - 1TB will launch September 1st for $349.99. To match with the Series X the Xbox Series S - 1TB has the same Carbon Black coloring as the Series X.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by Kevbo,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Series S white with 512GB SSD costs $300, so a slick black console with 1TB SSD for $350 it's the better deal.

Microsoft and Sony were really cheapskates for releasing their launch consoles with so little storage space.

Reactions: Mike_77712

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
No one can hear you scream in space, unless it's through a Series S speaker grill ... while being advertised next to a black hole.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one can hear you scream in space, unless it's through a Series S speaker grill ... while being advertised next to a black hole.
Don't forget the original console grill:

ps3grill.jpg

Strange looking George Foreman grill. 🤔

Mike_77712

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xbox has announced a new Xbox Series S with 1TB storage. The Xbox Series S - 1TB will launch September 1st for $349.99. To match with the Series X the Xbox Series S - 1TB has the same Carbon Black coloring as the Series X.

:arrow: Source

Was thinking about getting one recently, this just complicates things :nayps3:. anyone think we'll see lower prices on the 500gb series s when this drops?

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Was thinking about getting one recently, this just complicates things :nayps3:. anyone think we'll see lower prices on the 500gb series s when this drops?
I suspect the 500gb might get discontinued.

Might possibly see some black Friday deals for the 1TB one this November.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Meh, I was hoping it would get phased out instead. I guess future games will continue to be held back even after the awful cross gen era is over.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, I was hoping it would get phased out instead. I guess future games will continue to be held back even after the awful cross gen era is over.
Why would they? Series S is a huge success and once you include the GamePass you got plenty to play (and RetroArch once you gain access to it).

A slim model of Series X would be interesting, though.

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hot take but I think the Series S is actually helping this generation in ensuring most of the games that are released be 60fps on PS5/XBSX since developers have to ensure the game works on Series S at a level of at least 30 FPS.

Reactions: Kevbo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi