Newest version of CFW for PSP Go?

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AFAIK updating your PSP's system software removes the CFW. There's no reason to worry about system software version anymore. 6.61 (the latest system software version) is already jailbroken and you can easily install CFW on it.

Just update to 6.61 then use Infinity 2.0 to install your desired CFW (PRO, LME or ARK). This method would make the CFW permament aswell so you won't have to launch the Fast Recovery every time you boot your device up, you can just jump straight into homebrew/games. You can just follow one of the YouTube tutorials. I'd personally recommend MrMario2011's tutorial.
So I can do the built-in update over the air with the settings? Are you sure I will be able to mod it afterwards?

That video is 3 years old.... i think its outdated? Any up to date article to take care of this?

reha

Long Live the Machine
Trophies
Website
reha.zc.al
XP
Country
Turkey
So I can do the built-in update over the air with the settings? Are you sure I will be able to mod it afterwards?

That video is 3 years old.... i think its outdated? Any up to date article to take care of this?
I think you can use the built-in update feature but I'd personally just download and transfer the update file to the PSP using PC then update the firmware that way since you can't connect to modern routers on PSP anyway (You need to lower your security level of your router since PSP doesn't support WPA2).
6.61 was released back in 2015 and it got modded in the same year. Just do some research on the Google if you don't trust me... :P
About the video, it's not outdated but if you still want to follow a new video just search it up on Youtube there are a lot of tutorials up there.

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think you can use the built-in update feature but I'd personally just download and transfer the update file to the PSP using PC then update the firmware that way since you can't connect to modern routers on PSP anyway (You need to lower your security level of your router since PSP doesn't support WPA2).
6.61 was released back in 2015 and it got modded in the same year. Just do some research on the Google if you don't trust me... :P
About the video, it's not outdated but if you still want to follow a new video just search it up on Youtube there are a lot of tutorials up there.
What's the difference between PRO, LME or ARK?

And apprently PRO C2 breaks somethings, and I should use PRO C1? If so, where is copy of PRO C1?

Online apparently LME Is the best?

And can I mod this and keep all my games on my Micro-SD Card and internal storage? I dont have to move or wipe them?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What's the difference between PRO, LME or ARK?

And apprently PRO C2 breaks somethings, and I should use PRO C1? If so, where is copy of PRO C1?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-are-the-difference-between-cfw.515879/#post-8239264
ARK is the newcomer (on a real PSP at least) and allegedly has some promising innovations like a real region spoof for UMD-Video and proper signed CIPL for coldboot on "non-pandora" consoles (but apparently not the Go and Street yet?)

("non-pandora" is in quotes because it's a long standing definition that was recently proven wrong, but if you really want to read about it and possibly get more confused at this step: https://consolemods.org/wiki/PSP:Pandora_Battery )

Never heard of that, maybe some obscure plugin?

I prefer it to PRO, but what "online" are you expecting?
Never heard of a difference in either case, in general you never needed to update the PSP just to use it on PSN iirc
As for LME: https://gbatemp.net/threads/whats-the-best-custom-firmware-to-use-for-the-psp1001.568524/

And can I mod this and keep all my games on my Micro-SD Card and internal storage? I dont have to move or wipe them?
Sure, but are you saying you don't have a backup?

Reactions: reha

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-are-the-difference-between-cfw.515879/#post-8239264
ARK is the newcomer (on a real PSP at least) and allegedly has some promising innovations like a real region spoof for UMD-Video and proper signed CIPL for coldboot on "non-pandora" consoles (but apparently not the Go and Street yet?)

("non-pandora" is in quotes because it's a long standing definition that was recently proven wrong, but if you really want to read about it and possibly get more confused at this step: https://consolemods.org/wiki/PSP:Pandora_Battery )

Never heard of that, maybe some obscure plugin?

I prefer it to PRO, but what "online" are you expecting?
Never heard of a difference in either case, in general you never needed to update the PSP just to use it on PSN iirc
As for LME: https://gbatemp.net/threads/whats-the-best-custom-firmware-to-use-for-the-psp1001.568524/

Sure, but are you saying you don't have a backup?

Ok so PRO is proffered? Or LME? the differences you posted is kind of confusing sorry..... What do you mean "what online are you expecting"

All I want to be able to do is play PS1, PSP and Emulate games, and PSN Network would be cool if i can still use that

I can make my own backup lol... I'll do that then

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
All I want to be able to do is play PS1, PSP and Emulate games
Any of the 3 CFWs will do it, I would install official 6.61 first, then LME and then Infinity 2 to make it autostart
and PSN Network would be cool if i can still use that
I don't think there's much left or at all, but CFW won't make it worse :)

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any of the 3 CFWs will do it, I would install official 6.61 first, then LME and then Infinity 2 to make it autostart

I don't think there's much left or at all, but CFW won't make it worse :)
The guides online states to install OFW First, then infinity and then CFW?

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am all done now! I got V6.61 LME 2.3 CFW with Infinity 2.0.3 and all PS1 games, PSP Games and Homebrew all works!

Reactions: reha

ThaddeusShaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure your PSP Go's current system version matches with the CFW you want to install. The 6.60 or 6.61 versions work well with the newest CFW updates. Search online for the 6.60 or 6.61 PRO-C CFW files. Be careful to download from a site you trust to avoid downloading harmful software. Use a USB cable to connect your PSP Go to a computer. Then, put the CFW files you downloaded into the PSP/GAME folder on your PSP's memory stick or its internal storage. After disconnecting your PSP Go from the computer, go to the Game menu on your PSP and start the CFW installation program. Just do what the on-screen instructions say to finish setting it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: