Ngmoco: NGP "dead on arrival"; 3DS "gimmicky"

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iPhone, iPod, iPad. The only reason these guys are even remotely in the gaming market is because many people have them. Not everyone will use the iPhone for games, however the possibility is there. Many people I know get the iPod not just for music, but for games. The iPad I've known people to get for a good tablet, and good reading. Many people get the i Line of products for different reasons. The iPhone without a contract is a lot of money. Like double the cost of the 3DS here. The iPod touch is 100 dollars more expensive than the 3DS for the top quality touches. Which will probably become obsolete within 2 years, while the 3DS will perhaps have a revision with some worthwhile features while maintaining all compatibility with every 3DS game.

the 3DS, NGP, and iProducts all have their target audiences. iProducts are a Jack of All Trades, and a Master of None. NGP is a portable powerhouse designed for HD gaming on the go. 3DS is a portable console that looks great, plays great, and has many great games in its future.

Addressing the downloadable nature of iProducts is another story. The app store is based purely on impulse buying. The items are designed as such with the busy, and on the go in mind. There is little to no thought on, "Should I get this game?" Because they are so cheap. The iProducts will never play the same as a dedicated gaming platform.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Argentum Vir said:
Addressing the downloadable nature of iProducts is another story. The app store is based purely on impulse buying. The items are designed as such with the busy, and on the go in mind. There is little to no thought on, "Should I get this game?" Because they are so cheap. The iProducts will never play the same as a dedicated gaming platform.

This.

Say what you want about Sony and Nintendo, But bear in mind that the little piece of limited chicken sh1t you call an iProduct will NEVER beat dedicated handhelds.

GAMERZ FTW!!!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
concealed identity said:
concealed identity said:
Well, regarding the 3DS, as awesome as the 3D might be, it really is gimmicky on a fundamental level With Nintendo it not.; it is known to cause eye strain everything cause eye strain then it only to certain people ., it drains the batteries batteries aren't infinite, 3D top 5 hours it not the best,but it doable.and it can be turned off, meaning every game will have to be playable without it. Why do some people said this? IT THERE TO BE FAIR TO EVERYONE. If it wasn't there people who can not see 3D can't used it at all, Nintendo can have that. They was being respectful for those small set of people. The system itself will be great, sell a lot, and have a lot of great games, and he acknowledges that - it's just that the 3D aspect of it isn't really going to amount to much apart from developers putting a lot of effort into the 3D aspects of the intro sequence and first level of their game.
Oh you are a expert dev now? You do not now what they are going to do with the 3D and most likely it isn't that.

With the PSP2, of course it'll have some great games, but if the price is as high as it seems it will be, it's going to have a really tough time in the market. He's completely right about smartphones and the $1-2 games available for them, and any industry analyst will say the same thing about them taking a HUGE share of the handheld market. This will only grow as smartphones become more and more of a standard.
Someone already said something about this.
This isn't a summary, this is a re-post that I already addressed.

If my English isn't to par for you, which doesn't matter because this is forum, you understand what I was saying.

I and including others have made your points disproved.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
concealed identity said:
How did I not realize until now that I was being trolled. I've got to get better at spotting those!
Funny because I figure a while back that you was doing the trolling.

Done with you 'cause at this point we are just derailing.

Go on with your false points and have fun playing those cheap/rehash games you like so much.

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
concealed identity said:
How did I not realize until now that I was being trolled. I've got to get better at spotting those!
Funny because I figure a while back that you was doing the trolling.

Done with you 'cause at this point we are just derailing.

Go on with your false points and have fun playing those cheap/rehash games you like so much.

quoted for proof

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdMSPaHhmbI