prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
sYWYsl.jpg

Nintendo has acknowledged the presence of a bug in Zelda Skyward Sword. The bug occurs after a specific sequence of events and makes it so that players can no longer advance in the game.

For specifics, consult Nintendo's homepage (the page is available only in Japanese). The page has directions for the path to take in order to avoid the bug.

If you've already encountered the bug, Nintendo will fix your save file. There are two options for this. For those with an internet connection, Nintendo will distribute a program. Details will be announced later. For those without an internet connection, Nintendo wants you to them send your SD card or Wii system.

http://andriasang.co...mzd5/zelda_bug/

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
first bad pointer, now a major bug.
at least they offer to restore your save file.
thanks nintendo. :sleep:

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
._. send your wii system...
looks like everyone using a USB loader or mod chip is screwed :lol:
Not really sending the wii is an option if you don't want to buy a cheap 256 mb sd card and copy the save file onto there
I can see them saying, "The data is Corrupted, please send your system instead"

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
._. send your wii system...
looks like everyone using a USB loader or mod chip is screwed :lol:
don't you think that most users with an USBloader have Internet or a computer?

Of course, there might be users with a Wii and no computer, no internet, but then ... they wouldn't know that Nintendo offer to correct the bug in their save file.

They could even have friend with a computer to run the fix for them.

I think it's a good move from Nintendo to make a save fixer program.

Reactions: 1 person

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Isn't it possible for them to just give you some sort of Patch that's available? Unless by Program they mean a Patch that will apply to your save file.

It's nearly 2am and I'm confused...
Wii can't do patches.
I'm guessing the program will require you to transfer your save to the SD card and it gets patched through your computer but honestly I have no idea.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Isn't it possible for them to just give you some sort of Patch that's available? Unless by Program they mean a Patch that will apply to your save file.

It's nearly 2am and I'm confused...
Wii can't do patches.
I'm guessing the program will require you to transfer your save to the SD card and it gets patched through your computer but honestly I have no idea.

Didn't Black Ops on the Wii give patches out? Unless that was encoded into the Game itself.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
similar problem happened in the past with metroid prime or similar. i think hackers find a fix faster than nintendo.
Happened with Twilight Princess if you saved in the room with the big cannon IIRC, and I think there was a bug in Metroid Other M that gave a similar situation

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God this would be the worst kind of anti piracy ever. The end of the Wiis life span, bugs in a save file, send in your modded wii...

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
This glitch is actually a blessing in disguise. Think about it, in order to send out a program to patch the save file that software will also have to be able to decrypt save files and then re-encrypt them. In other words, a few patches (disable the patching and let you choose whether to decrypt or encrypt) and it will be possible to use their save fixer as a generic save decrypter/encrypter without having to bother with getting the keys yourself. That is assuming it is a PC program instead of something that runs on the Wii and is downloaded from the Wii shop, that is.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
This glitch is actually a blessing in disguise. Think about it, in order to send out a program to patch the save file that software will also have to be able to decrypt save files and then re-encrypt them. In other words, a few patches (disable the patching and let you choose whether to decrypt or encrypt) and it will be possible to use their save fixer as a generic save decrypter/encrypter without having to bother with getting the keys yourself. That is assuming it is a PC program instead of something that runs on the Wii and is downloaded from the Wii shop, that is.
inb4 the program uploads the save to a server to patch.

Reactions: 1 person

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
It is also possible that they release the patcher as a free download on the Wii Shop. If so, it might be the first official Nintendo software released to the public that uses HW_AHBPROT.

AHBPROT has nothing to do with save file encryption, period. There is no reason for Nintendo to ever use AHBPROT anyway. The only reason it was ever created in the first place was for low level hardware testing (possibly due to laziness or else because they wanted to remove IOS from the tests to avoid IOS problems messing with the tests),

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn